2006 LS 430

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Wow Factor Plus!

by Car Lover in Pittsburgh from Pittburgh, PA on October 20, 2009

Never thought I would own a car like my 2006 LS 430...it is truly an amazing piece of machinary! Everything about the car was well thought out...fit/finish is tremendous, interior/exterior design, strong engine and reliability. If you can find one for a good piece, get it immediately!!!

The Hunt is Over

by Bartman59 from VA on February 22, 2017

I've been shopping for over 7 months online for the right Lexus LS 430. I missed out on a few online deals but I've finally found the right one. Flew to Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and drove back home on the east coast 1400 miles to pick up a clean, one owner 06 LS430 with 35K miles. Car is in awesome condition, mature driven, and dealer maintained. The long drive back allowed me to bond and learn more about my car. As described by other reviewers, the car is a sure-footed highway cruiser: quiet, smooth, comfortable, decent handling, and powerful when I need it to be. Gas mileage was good with an overall average cruising speed of 65MPH. IMHO, things I don't particularly care for with the car are the steering wheel control ergonomics (e.g., bluetooth, stereo volume, etc.) when you compare it to newer models, thin gripped steering wheel, and the slide tray cup holders are suspect. Overall, these are trivial critiques that I can live with for a car this good.

Best car I have ever owned.

by Texas Ken on March 29, 2018

I'm a car person and have owned Jaguars, Mercedes, BMW's and others for myself and would buy a certified LS Lexus for my wife to drive. The 2006 was the third Certified LS we bought in 2010. Over the last seven years we have kept it properly maintained by the dealer and have had no issues. It is so quiet, easy to drive, has all the options we want and none we don't want. I have a salesperson I trust and we talk several times a year and he keeps calling about great LS certified cars he has, my wife drives them and wants to keep the 06. All the lane keep, start stop, emergency braking and fancy cruise cause lot's of beeps and pulls and take away the joy of driving. I even drive it whenever I can get behind the wheel and enjoy it very much. Since the value is only about $10,000 or less now, we've decided to keep it as long as we can because it looks new inside and out. Next to possibly a 1962 Volvo 122s I owned when in the Air Force in Alaska, this is the best car I have ever owned.

Luxury all the way

by Luke's lex from Seattle WA on March 17, 2017

Quiet, reliable , comfortable. Top three features that represent this vehicle. Having owned a 1990 then a 98 ls400. Now a 2006 ls430. I'm always impressed how much they improve over the years. Long trips are enjoyable and get 27-29 mpg depending on road conditions.

Best car I've owned

by Xnasdaqx from Ny on July 22, 2017

Best car owned of all time!! Have the newer ls460, but not the same as the ls430. Car had all the comfort looks design and more features than today's average cars

Best car I've owned

by Xnasdaqx from Ny on July 1, 2017

Love this vehicle , nothing better than this car...reliable.comfortable, all option, luxury, not too bad on gas either!!

The most reliable and comfortable vehicle I've eve

by The truth from Anderson on May 31, 2017

This car is awesome! Rides very smooth no mechanical issues at all. Just a great car I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys luxury and comfort especially when taking a 3-6 trip. You can't beat it.

GREAT CAR! EXTREMELY RELIABLE & CLASSY

by TommyEncore from Boston on August 28, 2017

This is my second LS 430. Love this car. Super reliable and built like a tank. I was in a bad 2 car accident (city ended up being at fault) and walked away with only minor scratches and a bumped head. The other person not in a Lexus was in much worse shape. Very comfortable and rides incredibly smooth. Lots of toys, great sound system, so much room. You can't go wrong.

A Mercedes S class at a $20000 discount

by Ramram from Syosset, Ny on September 5, 2006

I had a 2002 LS 430 for 42 months and loved it. I just got myself a 2006 LS430, and its done everything better than the 2002 model. Better ride, better handling, better fuel economy and more and more luxurious. All in all a great car for everyday driving, at a discount compared to those car makers in Stuttgart. Wait until 2007 when a real Benz kicker comes in to make Daimler & Benz shiver in their graves! I am loving evreything in this vehicle for far less than the Germans charge for their less reliable machines! What more can I say? Go get one for yourself and ye shall see!GRINNNNNNNN.....

Finest Luxury Sedan available at any price*

by Macrhino from Florida on May 22, 2007

* excepting the LS 460L I have owned them all. This car is tops for Comfort Quiet Comfort Reliability Comfort Handling Comfort Finish Comfort.... Sound system to die for, ac in the seats! handles and accelerates like a sports car. I think you get the message. This is the only car I have ever driven that I could drive for 5 hours without stopping to stretch. Car has over 500 mile range. Crticisms: Keyless entry user interface stinks. Mercedes is much better Voice control is useless. My Jag (2000) blows it away. Body Styling looks like Toyota (But this make one look unassuming for the Highway patrol when one zips by at 120 mph)

1 2 3