2008 LS 600h L

2008 Lexus LS 600h L

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Reliability
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2008 Lexus LS 600h L?

LS600h L

by AIS from Leawood, KS on Mon Sep 16 2013

Deceptively fast, smooth and silent ride, strong acceleration, peerless refinement. V-12 performance with V-6 fuel consumption, extraordinarily quiet, SULEV emissions rating!!! Simply, the BEST car money can buy!!!

Update: 4 years later

by Car lover from Minneapolis from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Jun 05 2014

I last wrote about my car June 5, 2010. Now 4 years later, very little has changed. I put snow tires on 18" wheels for the MN winters 3 seasons ago. Car is incredibly stable with absolute traction in even deep 5-6" of snow. Feel even more secure with snow tires. Just drove Minneapolis to MIlwaukee round trip and it remains a joy to drive. Amazing passing acceleration and smoothness. I own a 2013 Boxster S (which I love!) and yet the response of the LS600 from 50 -70mph in sport mode is as eager as the Boxster S. Car feels as fresh and new as 4 years ago in all respects. Still the best allrounder car. I still smile when I drive it - the love has not worn-off..

Amazing

by Les Lexus fan from Saxonburg, Pa on Sat Oct 14 2017

I was going to buy a 460LWB and saw the 600hL. What a car. Someone paid $111000 for this car but it wasn't me. An entry level Chevy cost what I paid for this. I can't believe Lexus in 2008 had this kind of technology. This is my 5th Lexus and by far the best.

It is a Boeing 747 on the road

by kinghamid1 from Bay area San Francisco on Mon Dec 25 2017

This car is the most comfortable car out of 27 cars I have owned and driven since age 16. very reliable, roomy high tech and more than anything its looks is what turns a lot of heads. I can't think of anything that this car does not have, No doubt it has been rated as the most reliable and comfortable sedan according to the consumer report for 13 years straight. I bought my 2008 LS600 hl with 30K on it in 2010. I have had it for 7 years now with over 90k. 5 oil changes at 10,000 mile interval, chaned battery at 80K and tires at 60K. No other issue. perfect vehicle.

Best economical, luxury car I've owned

by atomicgirl505 from Rio Rancho, NM on Fri Jun 09 2017

This vehicle exceeded all of my needs as a hybrid. The maintenance cost was not unreasonable. Luxury was well noted throughout the vehicle, particularly the rear passenger seat reclines and massages. The rear arm rest also serves as a cooling compartment fro drinks.

My Lexus limo!!!

by Lex-Lover from Orlando, Florida on Sun Nov 26 2017

It is so amazing that Lexus put technology into making this vehicle in 2008, that is still relevant in 2017! This car is a work of art in every way imaginable! Plenty of leg room, beautiful navigation, excellent lexus reliability and gas mileage- it is a hybrid! This is probably the best car I will ever own outside of a Maybach Mercedes-Benz!

Best allrounder car on the road

by Car Lover from Minneapolis, MN on Sat Jun 05 2010

Power to spare, deceptively blazingly fast. I believe the torque is closer to 450 ft-lb than the rated 387 ft-lb. Got 25+ mpg in a 600 mile round trip at an average speed of 70+ mph and never felt fatigued because of the incredible comfort and quietness. Best sound system that I have ever heard in an automobile. AWD for Minnesota and huge sunroof. the understated elegant and classy design inside and out is both tasteful and beautiful. The LED headlights are the most impressive on the road currently. I've owned a 94 Supra Turbo, C6 Corvette convertible and yet feel very satisfied with the power and thrust of this car in comparison. It just doesn't feel like much of a tradeoff for all the other exceptional features in the LS 600hL. Of course it not the canyon racer type of handling like my supercharged Miata was. Maybe I'm getting old but you actually enjoy the drive in a totally different way. Don't believe for a minute that smooth and quiet power is bland once you feel the aircraft like thrust from 50 - 75+ mph. Drive one to feel it. I miss my 'Vette but I love this car!!

2008 LS 600hL

by Return owner from Asheville North Carolina on Sun Jun 02 2013

Very pleased with the car. Solid the Lexus construction. No squeaks or rattles. Remarkably comfortable ride and yet very spirited vehicle and very fun to drive. Purchase the hybrid to get the vehicle with all-wheel-drive and other options I was looking for. This vehicle is not sold for "mileage" under the hybrid moniker-if that was the main focus then the buyer would be likely disappointed. However in every other aspect of the car is very comfortable and very fun to drive. The trunk is compromised because of the battery packs but it is not been an issue to date. The expanded wheel base provides tremendous space and comfort in the back seat for people over 6 feet tall.

A modern masterpiece

by Guy who likes big luxury cars from Portland, Oregon on Mon Aug 13 2007

I just bought a LS hybrid. It is fantastic! Not only does it have substantial power, but it has terrific fuel economy. I average 24 miles per gallon combined, and I also drive 20,000 miles per year, so I expect the millage to get better once the engine breaks in. The Lexus has a great backseat. It is like a limousine, which is great because I am frequently driving around clients and co workers. It has a masage function, heating and cooling system, and it reclines. My lexus is black with a light Gray interior with Gray wood trim. I paid a little over $120,000 for my car and I feel it is the best buy in its class, despite its rediculously high price. It is very quick, handles well, has the same features, and more safety features, and gets much better gas millage. Other cars I test drove were Mercedes S600(REALLY OVERPRICED), BMW 760Li, and Audi A8L w12, which I almost bought over the lexus, but is cost a bit more. Overall, this is a great car with few minuses and many pluses.

A glimpse of the driving future

by SweetrideInc from Long Island, NY on Tue Nov 18 2008

As a Lexus/Toyota buyer I recently traded this vehicle in from a client for another one with the Executive Seating option. I can tell you after driving this for a couple of weeks, if I had to drive one car for the rest of my life - this would be it! It represents everything I love- comfort, high tech, safety, power, AWD, great style and best of all - it's a HYBRID. If Lexus can figure out how to make this vehicle for a little less money - it might be my permanent road car.

1 2