2013 Lexus LX 570 Consumer Reviews

2013 Lexus Lx 570
Average based on 2 reviews

A True Off Roader with Luxury

by from Houston, TX on June 10, 2013

After my '93 Toyota Land Cruiser finally pulled its last leg at 672,000 miles, it was time for a new SUV. I was originally considering to purchase the new '13 Land Cruiser, but when I saw its more luxurious sibling the Lexus LX570, it just looked better both inside and out. But underneath all that luxury, it's still that same good old rugged Toyota that I fell in love with 12 years ago. I also tested other luxury off-road SUVs that I was considering. The new Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged was the best-looking and the most powerful, but feared for its reliability (I had an '08 RR Supercharged that became VERY problematic after 50k miles). The new Infiniti QX56 which I really liked due to the fact that it was based on the Nissan Patrol and not the Armada, but was not crazy about the exterior styling and I've seen a lot of them on the road. And finally, the Mercedes-Benz G550, which is very unique and its long heritage, but the ride was too harsh and I was looking over at $130k with the options that I wanted. All in all, I just went for the LX570, because it was the most reasonably priced and planning on keeping it until its on its last leg. The main purpose why I purchased it was because I like to take it for some serious off-roading, and this behemoth exceeded my expectations! There's a reason why the owner's manual is as thick as a dictionary, and because there's an overwhelming amount of settings for all different kinds of terrain, and yet it's a very comfortable ride on uneven surfaces. Now it does get horrible fuel economy (15-17 hwy), but then again it's a body-on-frame build and it shouldn't be a problem if you spend $90k on an SUV. Overall, I'm really happy with the LX570, and knowing that it's a Toyota underneath, I'm really hoping to keep this SUV for at least a decade.

Uses car for Off-roading

Best Luxury SUV on the planet

by from Dallas, Texas on October 19, 2012

If you want a Luxury SUV this one is it. There are quite a few improvements for 2013. The ride is extremely comfortable and you have torque on demand if you need to merge onto the freeway in a hurry. The height adjustment comes in very handy if you happen to take it off road where it is quite capable as well.