2001 Lexus Rx 300

Excellent vehicle. Brakes excel

by from maine on August 20, 2017

Great family vehicle. Comfortable and room enough for 5. Great sound system, 6-CD player. Sun roof.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

It was my dream vehicle!

by from on December 23, 2016

I bought my 2001 RX300 new, still have it. The mileage is close to 155,000. I do the required service. Still runs well. No major problems. Still love my SUV.

Unbelievable Purchase

by from Small town, South Carolina on July 24, 2013

My purchase of a 2001 RX 300 Lexus is right on for this period in my life! I had the best salesman I've ever had, and he had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude about the vehicle. Although it's dated, I am thoroughly enjoying driving my "new" vehicle. It's clean and performs remarkably. I can't say enough about the great deal I was afforded.

Good sale

by from White motor company on December 14, 2012

I has a very experience. I felt very comfortable and white motor company helped look at possible problem. Which was just a sensor.

Great All Around Vehicle

by from Massillon, Ohio on December 4, 2012

Purchased as a certified preowned vehicle and paid a little too much, but very happy with it. Very comfortable ride, excellent room for long trips for four adults with plenty of storage space. Overall size makes it easy to park and maneuver in traffic.

Great Ride

by from MN on November 26, 2012

Purchased 2001 with 48K. Extremely comfortable ride. Stylish interior. Leather seats and higher profile(SUV) makes it very easy to slide in and exit easily. The interior is stylish and the exterior design looks very up to date for being 12 yrs old! The 3.0 engine has plenty of pep if you need to excellerate for merging in traffic. The back seat has plenty of leg room for passengers. Lots of room in rear storage area. Cons... Nav system is dated and not very intuitive. The mileage is rubbish. It doesn't get near the Hwy MPG stated in specs. I drive almost entirely highway miles and avg is 18-19 , doesn't seem to vary at all city to hwy. Comfort, room and styling...this is a great car. If you don't mind the poor gas mileage.

Best all-around car I've ever owned

by from Northwest Arkansas on September 21, 2012

I've had my 2001 RX300 for 10 years and have loved this vehicle the entire time. It has seen me through 2 kids (now 9 & 7) and has grown along with us. Very reliable and safe (AWD version). Will be trading it in for GX470, but I'm a little nervous about getting such a big SUV. The RX is really the perfect size for hauling kids, groceries, sports stuff, etc. Had regular maintenance performed at Toyota dealer and feel like it would run forever. No problems with transmission as others have reported, but I admit I drive like a "little old lady". Seats are very comfortable, even on regular trips of 4+ hours. Love that it has lots of pockets and holders for purse, phone, sunglasses, etc. Sorry guys, but it's a well-designed woman's car. Kids, dog and Mom still love this ol' car. The GX is more manly and not designed for a woman driver, but I hope it's as reliable and comfortable as the RX.

Seems great so far.

by from Overland Park on September 4, 2012

I'm pretty happy with my recent purchase. Has 109K miles and had the power locking mechanizm replaced on the drivers door. Not a big deal.

Still looks great

by from Illinois on September 2, 2012

My wife's car Owned the car for 9 years. Very comfortable, fit and finish first class, still looks very good. Not as reliable as I expected from a Lexus. Replaced wheel bearings, door locks. Replaced the engine at 92,000 miles (free by Lexus). Replaced the transmission at 145,000 miles. We're about to replace it with a RX350

I must have got a lemon

by from JOHNSON CITY on December 17, 2011

I also own a 2001 RX300 with aprox the same miles as this one. I love the styling and comfort of this vehicle. It has a wonderful ride. However i have owned the car just over 2 months and the heater has quit working, the gas milage sucks and it uses more oil than gas. I bought this car thinking a lexus was the most reliable car on the road but i hold my breath every time i get out in it wondering what is going to go wrong next.