2002 RX 300

2002 Lexus RX 300

2002 Lexus RX 300

Have you driven the 2002 Lexus RX 300?

Quality First

by Ms Funbuns from Fond du Lac, WI on Fri Nov 19 2010

Bought this Lexus bacause I know Toyota quality is superior - extremely dependable - resale value is great and wanted a little 'spoiling' with the Lexus. The ride is impeccable - very smooth, stable & quiet. Interior is thought out well with plenty of room for personal items. Controls for heat, cd, etc. are easily assessible. 6 cyl. has great pickup and I need AWD to make it up our driveway. Love the HEATED SEATS! This vehicle will drive another 10 years EASILY.

Reliable, comfortable and powerful

by Eiriksson from Reykjavik, Iceland on Wed Aug 28 2013

I have been a Toyota fan for a very long time. I had Celica 1973, Corolla GTi 1985, Camry 1994 and many, many more. 5 years ago I decided to buy a Lexus RX300, model 2002. The engine haw 204 hp which is quite enough to pass most cars on the highway and in the city. The drivers seat is comfortable and easy to adjust so that my long legs fit nicely. The suspension is stiff enough to make the car easy to drive on highways, but seems to adjust to rugged roads and off-road driving. Since I live in Iceland, I need a car that can manage some snowy and icy roads. The traction control and skid prevention system work perfectly. I can tolerate the fuel consuption (10 liters/100km) on highways and 16l/100km city). Apart from time belt change the cost of maintainence has been 0 USD. The meter has now 200.000 km (130.000 miles) on and the car is as good as when I bought it at 104.000 km. My vife loves the car and feels it is both luxurious and comfortable. When I sell it, I am likely to get the RX350 but might change pace and get the V8 4Runner. I stronly reccoment this vehicle for people who want a 4x4 with comfort, luxury, manouverability, reliability and good milage per gallon, for a low price. Great value for money. I expect these cars to become collectors item very soon, since they are the first RX model from Lexus.

Might Last Forever!

by Almost Heaven from Charles Town, WV on Mon Nov 24 2014

My 2002 RX has over 310,000 miles and still feels like new! Just came back from a 5700 mile road trip without a hiccup and I'd take it again tomorrow. Bought it as a lease turn-in ten years ago with 42,000 miles on it. Regular oil changes, timing belt changes when called for, but other than that, nothing! This car is now providing transportation under 10 cents per mile...that is economy! I still get 24 mpg on the highway with AWD! Can't say enough good things about this car. Perfect size, comfortable and SUPER reliable. It just might last longer than I will!

Best small suv in the world

by Zach from Taunton,Ma on Sat Jul 07 2007

I have owned my 1999 Lexus RX for 5 years and it was a 2WD, but it was great in the snow. My 2002 RX is AWD, and is even better in the snow. I would recomend this car to everybody.

I'll never own anything else!

by Saul Goodman from SantaFe, NM on Thu Jun 01 2017

I used to own Mercedes and BMW's, thinking they were the finest engineered cars on the road. Then I bought the preowned RX300 at 7 yrs. old and kept it for 8 yrs. Best car I've ever owned and I'm never going back. I'm happy to say I've only just sold it to purchase a newer one. Can't say enough about the Lexus quality. (just don't lose your keys!)

worth every dollar

by luvin my 2003 RX300! from Columbia, SC on Sat Oct 06 2012

My 03 RX 300 is my third Toyota and the best ever. The others were a 1988 Camry wagon DL followed by a 2000 Solara. Toyota excels when it comes to a smooth ride and the RX is the best ever. I bought it used, it's well maintained and has handled like a dream since day one. Had timing belt and other hoses/belts/fluids changed at local Toyota dealership for hundreds less than the Lexus dealership would have charged. The interior is pure luxury and the controls are well placed. Averaging less than 7K miles a year means she still has lots of years ahead for me and a lucky buyer when I purchase my next dream RX.

Most reliable car I've ever owned!

by nanvaz from Indiana on Tue Jun 20 2017

I've been driving this 2002 Lexus RX300 SUV 4WD for almost 10 years now and it's been amazingly great. No issues whatsoever. I bought it used. I've changed the tires only once. Even in lower temps -20 it starts like new. The only issue I had was with the driver's window. It got stuck and wouldn't come up. My hubby repaired it and it's working great. It has a smooth ride, no noises, pretty quiet. The new 2017 models changed so much and it's no longer and attractive car anymore. I love my 2002 Lexus RX300 SUV.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Car I Ever Owned

by Lexus Lover from Evanston, Illinois on Fri Dec 23 2011

This is my favorite vehicle (of nine) probably because it's been the most reliable. It s comfortable and roomy for assengers and lots of cargo space. I have 129600 mies on it and never had any problems. Of course I am a stickler for maintaining it. It's ten yrs old and very one thinks it's new. It still looks that good inside and out!

Longest lasting SUV ever

by LexusOwner from on Sat Apr 08 2017

This car has been in my driveway for the past 15 years, and still works perfectly. I can't remember the last time we've had actual maintenance work on it, besides the regular tires, oil change, etc. Runs nice and smooth, and has a lot of miles on it.

2nd RX, Not the Last

by LexusLover on Sat Apr 07 2018

This is my third Lexus, my second RX. I've kept each RX until 200,000 miles. Very dependable, comfortable for in town or trips. Great for transporting cargo, too. Lexus builds with the finest materials, and even at 16 years old, friends can't believe its age. Highly recommended.

1 2 3