2002 Lexus Rx 300

Best small suv in the world

by from Taunton,Ma on July 7, 2007

I have owned my 1999 Lexus RX for 5 years and it was a 2WD, but it was great in the snow. My 2002 RX is AWD, and is even better in the snow. I would recomend this car to everybody.

Reliable, comfortable and powerful

by from Reykjavík, Iceland on August 28, 2013

I have been a Toyota fan for a very long time. I had Celica 1973, Corolla GTi 1985, Camry 1994 and many, many more. 5 years ago I decided to buy a Lexus RX300, model 2002. The engine haw 204 hp which is quite enough to pass most cars on the highway and in the city. The drivers seat is comfortable and easy to adjust so that my long legs fit nicely. The suspension is stiff enough to make the car easy to drive on highways, but seems to adjust to rugged roads and off-road driving. Since I live in Iceland, I need a car that can manage some snowy and icy roads. The traction control and skid prevention system work perfectly. I can tolerate the fuel consuption (10 liters/100km) on highways and 16l/100km city). Apart from time belt change the cost of maintainence has been 0 USD. The meter has now 200.000 km (130.000 miles) on and the car is as good as when I bought it at 104.000 km. My vife loves the car and feels it is both luxurious and comfortable. When I sell it, I am likely to get the RX350 but might change pace and get the V8 4Runner. I stronly reccoment this vehicle for people who want a 4x4 with comfort, luxury, manouverability, reliability and good milage per gallon, for a low price. Great value for money. I expect these cars to become collectors item very soon, since they are the first RX model from Lexus.

Quality First

by from Fond du Lac, WI on November 19, 2010

Bought this Lexus bacause I know Toyota quality is superior - extremely dependable - resale value is great and wanted a little 'spoiling' with the Lexus. The ride is impeccable - very smooth, stable & quiet. Interior is thought out well with plenty of room for personal items. Controls for heat, cd, etc. are easily assessible. 6 cyl. has great pickup and I need AWD to make it up our driveway. Love the HEATED SEATS! This vehicle will drive another 10 years EASILY.

Good Machine

by from Gaffney, SC on May 30, 2006

This is the first Lexus I have owned, I can honestly say this is not a car it is a machine. Its hard to say the quality checks this vehicle had to pass to be this condition when I purchased it used.

Buyer Beware of Dealer Vehicle Inspections

by from Naperville, IL on May 7, 2012

Knowing I wanted to purchase a pre-owned Lexus RX300 proved to me you can never not do enough research on any car for that matter. From owners to dealers, do your homework. The dealer inspection is no where near what it should be. Inspected Breaks? OK status. Guess what, the rear brakes were worn out and the calipers weren't even working. No disc detected on the display screen of the radio meant the Navigation System (GPS) doesn't work. Head light beam indicator on the dash wasn't high beams, it meant "take to Lexus dealer." Which meant the leveling sensor needs replacing.

Might Last Forever!

by from Charles Town, WV on November 24, 2014

My 2002 RX has over 310,000 miles and still feels like new! Just came back from a 5700 mile road trip without a hiccup and I'd take it again tomorrow. Bought it as a lease turn-in ten years ago with 42,000 miles on it. Regular oil changes, timing belt changes when called for, but other than that, nothing! This car is now providing transportation under 10 cents per mile...that is economy! I still get 24 mpg on the highway with AWD! Can't say enough good things about this car. Perfect size, comfortable and SUPER reliable. It just might last longer than I will!

Nice vehicle, be cautious

by from Wisconsin on February 22, 2016

I owned a RX 300, 2002 for over 4 years. Bought it with 95,000 miles and drove it until 143,000. It like many other Lexus/ Toyota V 6's in this year class burned a lot of oil. Called oil slugging! Research on line before you buy. I had planned on running this car till 300,000 miles. No way would it last without a ton of money put in to it.

Best Car I Ever Owned

by from Evanston, Illinois on December 23, 2011

This is my favorite vehicle (of nine) probably because it's been the most reliable. It s comfortable and roomy for assengers and lots of cargo space. I have 129600 mies on it and never had any problems. Of course I am a stickler for maintaining it. It's ten yrs old and very one thinks it's new. It still looks that good inside and out!

worth every dollar

by from Columbia, SC on October 6, 2012

My 03 RX 300 is my third Toyota and the best ever. The others were a 1988 Camry wagon DL followed by a 2000 Solara. Toyota excels when it comes to a smooth ride and the RX is the best ever. I bought it used, it's well maintained and has handled like a dream since day one. Had timing belt and other hoses/belts/fluids changed at local Toyota dealership for hundreds less than the Lexus dealership would have charged. The interior is pure luxury and the controls are well placed. Averaging less than 7K miles a year means she still has lots of years ahead for me and a lucky buyer when I purchase my next dream RX.

So far, so good

by from Milford, CT on December 26, 2011

The car is great, I love it. I have had no problem with the dealer or the car since I have had it! Looks good runs great- I am very happy!

Similar Models