2012 RX 450h

2012 Lexus RX 450h

2012 Lexus RX 450h

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Lexus RX 450h?

2012 Lexus 450H Hybrid AWD that is a reliable

by refman from Vancouver, Washington on Wed Jun 22 2016

Bought a certified Lexus RX450H hybrid from a dealer that came with a 24000 two year bumper to bumper warranty. The Lexus had lots of upgrades including a Mrk Levinson stereo system, a digital mileage and other info on the front windshield so a driver does not have to look down to see how fast they are going or what mode they are in. Wood steering wheel, larger 19 inch wheels and ttires, navigation, radar mode that lets you know when objects get close to the SUV, and radar controlled speed control keeping the SUV a safe distance from autos ahead. Also has the railing and cross bars on the roof rack and a trailer hitch. Comes with cargo net and new front and rear floor mats. The SUV averages between 24 and 30 miles per gallon and sometimes gets near 32 miles per gallon on the highway. It is extremely quiet with lots of insulation that is evident by the heavy doors. Energy absorbing glass is used and the SUV has lots of power for the average driver. The suspension is good on curves and there is not much lean as many other SUV's I have driven. When we go in for service the delearship gives us a loaner and they do the repairs or problems with the used vehicle at no cost to us. They are committed to outstanding service which we really appreciated. Everything in the Lexus is built on a superior quality platform and that is the upper end of quality.

really nice ride

by lexy from Yorba Linda, CA on Sun May 20 2012

I bought my Cerulean Blue AWD 450h in July 2011. My only dissatisfaction is that I am averaging only about 25 mpg. We live on very hilly area so I am not able to get the 28-29 MPG as advertised. But compare to my neighbors with X5 or M-Class, 25 MPG is outstanding. The interior is amazing, and I love the quietness of driving this car. Everything seems to have a very nice touch. For my next car, definitely another Lexus hybrid.

Improved SUV gas mileage

by Hybrid guy from Rockaway NJ on Mon Apr 16 2012

Traded 2011 RX350 for 2012 RX450H - Very pleased with the performance and fuel economy - Went from an average of 17- 21 MPG to an average of 25 - 28 MPG - Hybrid Ride is smoother than non hybrid - probably due to the Hybrid being heavier with it's batteries and recharging system. My wife is the primary driver and she's a happy camper with this SUV.

Very Solid Value

by Data Guy from Prescott AZ on Thu May 26 2016

I have never been all that enthralled with hybrids, but this car is worth the tradeoffs. We bought it used as a Lexus CPO (Certified Pre-Owned). Ours has AWD which I do not believe is standard on these and probably impacts the mileage a bit. It gets about 26 - 28 MPG. The rear wheels are electrically driven so there is no drive shaft. This is the first car we have owned with this much electronics. The feedback let you learn to drive economically if you want. The mileage is very much impacted by driving style and it is fairly easy to get much lower mileage if you are not paying attention to how you are driving. For example, I never realized how much trying to accelerate while going up any type of hill impacted mileage. The feature that this car has that I miss most when driving one of our other cars is the joystick/mouse control in the center console that lets you set the GPS, radio, Bluetooth phone dialing, iPhone audio books and such without leaning forward. It is also makes it super easy to switch Bluetooth connections from one phone or other device to another. The GPS is not Garmin. It has plusses and minuses compared to a Garmin system and, I think, on the whole is at least functionally equivalent to the Garmin design. The whole system has voice recognition which works well, but for me, using the joystick is much faster. The hybrid system is a bit noisy (this is almost exclusively when it is regenerating during deceleration) but once you recognize this this unfamiliar noise for what it is, it is not a problem.

Everything I expected

by 2Lexusguy from Indiana on Sat Jan 26 2013

Bought a new 2011 RX450H which was our 3rd Lexus SUV purchase. We have a 2006 RX330 also and decided to go with the Hybrid for my wife and I took over the 2006. Both are loaded models but the new RX450H is so much nicer, the voice command, the mouse control, and the ride is great. The mileage is alot better that the RX330, I've gotten as high as 32MPG on a trip. Also the way the dealership traets you it can't be beat!

One of the best cars I have owned

by MikeDobbinsRealtor from Scottsdale Az on Sun Jul 15 2018

My car has over 90,000 miles on it and you would never know it by looking at it or by the ride. Drives like its brand new. I?m getting 28 mpg, which is not as good as the CT200h I gave up for this car, but great considering the room in the vehicle. It?s very comfortable to drive too. The AC seats are great being in AZ. I would get another.

First Hybird

by Technology Enthusiest from Powhatan, VA on Sat Dec 08 2012

Hove only taken one relative short road trip, but impressed by highway mileage (31.8 mpg indicated). However, I am not getting better mileage in "town" than on the highway as advertised (~28 mpg).

I love my 2012 RX450h!!

by CoLexusGuy from Longmont, CO on Thu Sep 06 2012

I bought my 2012 Nebula Grey Pearl RX 450h about six months ago. I traded off a RX400h and upgraded. The 450 is nice, it is smooth, quick and responsive. The optional high tech 'mouse' for the navigation is awesome, you feel right at home using the 'computer-like' nav, climate control and audio with the Lexus Enform system. The mileage is great too... not amazing but decent, I get about 29 mpg on a mix of city and highway. I love this SUV!

Does not recommend this car!!

Better than the RDX but the electronics suck

by BillInRedmond from Redmond, WA on Wed Sep 03 2014

I have driven an Acura MDX and more recently an RDX for years. I moved to the RX hybrid to get better mileage and a better ride. I was promised 30mpg, I got 26-28. But I'm a technology buff. The nav system is far less sophisticated than the Acura and far, far less intelligent than the Garmin portable units. The voice dial is...well, it's not that great. Sometimes it makes me confirm the choice twice, sometimes it shows ATM machines on the map. There is no temperature controls on voice (like Ford) and other features seen on far cheaper vehicles. It will read text message from my iPhone 5 but it can't respond even though the feature is enabled. Lexus acknowledges its a bug but won't fix it. They acknowledge the nav system and voice shortcomings but won't fix them. The car also beeps. It beeps for E V E R Y T H I N G. Short beeps, long beeps, pulsing whiny beeps and we're never sure why. It's driving us beeping crazy. The ride is fine. The mileage is better (but could be higher if they were smarter about when the engine kicks in). The accoutrements are fine. But for what I paid, it could be (should be) far better.

Most disappointing car I've owned

by AVTLV from New York, NY on Fri Sep 14 2012

We got this car 3 months ago. When we bought it we were contiplating between MB ML350, Infinit JX and the Lexus RX. I test drove the ML350 (Excellent car) & the JX (Loved it) the Lexus my wife test drove and said it was ok. We chose the Lexus over the others because we were offered by the dealer the hybrid model at the same price of none hybrid. Since by far it is doing better MPG than the others we took it. After 3 months I can only discribe it as A huge disappointment. I'm a tall guy and the drive seats just doesn't go low enough. Although I have enough legroom it never feels 100%. The car doesn't fit 5 adults comfortably and on long drives even with 4 people everybody come out beaten. The navigation is pretty good so is the sound system. The lack of radio memory buttons is a pain when you need to use the mouse to change between saved stations while driving. The auto wipers are ok but sometimes will start working for no reason or will not start when needed and they need a little tweak to be remaineded to do so. Overall I had great expectations from the car I thought I will leave to love it and will enjoy it more over time. Unfortunately, the opposit is happening and me and my wife getting more annoyed with everyday that we have to drive it.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2