1992 Lexus Sc 300

Great Car

by from Oregon on August 6, 2008

I bought my SC300 (with manual transmission) used with 20K on the odometer. This is the best car I have owned. Good handling and performance, very nice looking, and extremely reliable. The only complaint I have is that the low beam headlights do a very poor job and night visibility is poor. I sold the car at 155,000 miles with the original clutch and brake pads. I had the break pad inspected at 140,000 and there was 40% remaining. One great car.

Love commuting in this car

by from SF Bay Area on June 17, 2011

Bought the SC300 automatic recently as a daily driver and with low miles for the year. Had reservations about buying a car this old but I do not regret the decision. People find it hard to believe this car is 19 years old and still stare at it. Had to replace the fuel pump, and bypassed fuel pump ecu to avoid the common problem of the engine shutting off when the vehicle is warm - no problems since. Find a vehicle with service records and not modified. This car takes corners well and drives better than any car I've owned. Perfect combination of luxury with a sporty feel. The V-6 engine responds well and is more than plenty as a commuter. Vision is great all around the car with very small blind spots. Side mirrors are smaller than I would like to have. Very comfortable to drive. As a tall person, I am able to drive without feeling cramped. Car is well made and has a sturdy feel to it. Not much space to hold "stuff" while driving. However have to remember this was not build originally as a commuter car. Downside is space in rear seat, one cup holder and not the greatest mpg for a car it's size. I was in the market for a used car and didn't want the cookie cutter Accord, Camry. I love driving this car and plan to keep it for a long time. The manual transmission is rare and will often cost more. This car is destined to be a classic.

Still Commuting in this Car 1 1/2 years later

by from SF Bay Area on December 20, 2012

This review is a follow up from the previous one listed below 1 1/2 years ago. This car is amazing and still performs well. I drive the heck out of it and it still performs well as a 20 year old car. I have had several people who stopped me on the street asking if I wanted to sell the car. Since the last review only minor maintenance such as new tires, oil changes, etc. Approximately 165k on the car now and it's very dependable. If you are looking for a nice used car as a first car or commuter and is a joy to drive you should consider this car.

good first car

by from Kansas City, MO on January 25, 2007

This vehicle showed me that lexus was the cars for me i am now 40 and looking for my daughter my son ahs one so we will do the same