2004 Lincoln Aviator

Awesome SUV That is Under rated

by from Cleveland Ohio on October 18, 2008

I have the Ultimate Edition; the value puts other SUV's to shame. Heated and cooled seats, dvd, Sirius Sat, etc. Fit and finish is excellent, I have had no problems or issues, just routine maintenance. The Aviator simply blows away the Escalade in price and features. I do have one quirk, not really a fan of All Wheel Drive, I wish this was a true 4x4, just for those times of inclement weather. The ride is smooth and controlled. It is too bad this vehicle was phased out of the Lincoln lineup, the size is perfect.

Glad I Have One

by from St. Louis Missouri on May 6, 2011

The Aviator is the only vehicle I have fallen in love with. It?s elegant, it?s classy, it?s beautiful and it is the perfect size! I?ve had mine for two years now and I am not giving it up any time soon. Only complaint is the gas mileage, but I can live with that.

Aviator

by from on August 12, 2011

This car has been wonderful for carting around my young children... and all their belongings! Very reliable.

Great for the money, and the name

by from Denver, CO on February 6, 2008

This is a great SUV with great features that can take it all and look good in the city. The comfort is great and the center front console and on board computer is very convenient. The stylistic Aviator stands out from is sister SUV Explorer and Mountaineer with legendary Lincoln reliability and the grill that makes a true statement of dependability. The Aviator is for the true enthusiast, making your dreams take off.

Luxurious, Classy, Dependable with Power

by from Ottawa, Canada on May 31, 2007

I bought this over a Mercedes because the base package included a lot of extras that Mercedes charged extra for -- eg running boards. I've had it for 3 years and will be buying out my lease because I did get good value for the "higher" cost these types of vehicles demand. Only problem I had is an electrical feature that freezes the car in park when it's brake lights go out. Sometimes, you don't want to be stuck in a dark parking lot at night (I'm a woman) just because the car won't move because your brake light has gone out! I'd think that this feature should have been a flashing warning on the driver panel but to render the car undriveable is ridiculous! There was a way to release the brakes manually with a flashlight and a pen or screwdriver, but this is silly. This has happened to me 3 times -- once because the brake light was not functioning and twice because there was some electrical short or problem that caused the vehicle to think the brake lights were not working properly. Once I was stuck in front of a car wash entrance on a very busy weekend with a whole line of cars behind me! Anyways, this was the only issue so far and I still think the Aviator's performance and look was well worth the cost. Glad I didn't opt for the Navigator because of its size and gas consumption. Too bad this Aviator is being phased out. I get tons of compliments on it. Very impressive when I use it for business trips.

Excellent design and reliability. Very Happy.

by from dallas, tx on February 22, 2007

Extremely well designed. I am a previous Navigator owner and found it to be a much better car overall. I do not think comfort is the same as the longer wheel base Navigator, and I know I am in the minority here, but that is my opinion. The SUV drives well, handles well, is priced right and has provided me with very reliable transportation with no mechanical problems. Only in the shop for regular service & once for seat belt adjustment.

Very reliable!

by from Smiths Station, AL on January 8, 2014

I purchased this vehicle when as a Cub Scout Leader I needed more room for gear and Scouts than an automobile had to offer, and needed towing capacity to haul a unit trailer. Aviator has been great, and fellow scouters now call me the "redneck with class" when I show up with it at camping events. Safely and comfortably hauls six scouts and two adults to and from events, and has no problem towing 8 x 10 enclosed trailer loaded with gear to and from camp sites. Currently have @ 120,000 miles on the SUV, and with standard maintenance have had no major problems. Look forward to driving this vehicle until it just won't go any more!

focus on the vehicle features

by from md on December 11, 2011

It's a very nice SUV, I had one and it's apropiate for vacations w/ family or friends, confortalbe seats

Best Car Ever!!!!!! Love It

by from Ver Beach Florida on January 25, 2007

Just got a used Aviator and am very happy with it ......it is a Great car the safety features are fantastic and it handles great it is like riding and driving a cloud

the greatest mid-siz SUV ever made

by from chicago on May 1, 2007

this truck is the best! its got looks, style, confort, control, reliability, you name it. and the msrp price is defenitly worth it. i would recommend this suve to anyone who can afford it. it is truly the best looking cars, truck , SUV or anything i have ever seen! this wuz ma first official car that i bought with my own money. and i don't regret anything at all! it's just awesome

Our Expert Review: 2004 Lincoln Aviator