2004 Lincoln Aviator

Love this truck

by from Hanover park, il on July 28, 2017

Beautiful luxurious vehicle. Our car salesman Garrett from pristine cars was very accommodating and professional.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Practical, Durable, but Still Average

by from St Charles, IL on July 13, 2017

Aviator gave me the step up from my Explorer experience I was looking for in a used SUV. No problem there! However, after three years and 30,000 more miles, this ride is looking a little prematurely outdated. I have to admit a similar year Explorer Limited or Eddie Bauer if far more handsome even now in 2017. Front end suspension rotted out and parts were a challenge to find now. The limited 3 year run of this model is now a drawback. Premium fuel is a drawback; Ford should have engineered without that requirement. Shifter problems: read blogs on this noted defect for all Aviators. Over-rated V8 in my opinion, Ford's 4.0 V6 just as good. Fair resale value, but not a workhorse lux truck that is worthy of continually investing in ongoing repairs after 130k miles.

Uses car for Towing

Best car I ever had

by from Chicago, IL on June 8, 2017

I owned cars from all 3 big American manufacturers in the last 25 years. I had 3 Fords, 5 GMs and one Chrysler product. This one is by far the most luxurious, comfortable and well-built car I had. I bought it used with 70k miles. IT is now at 101k and running like a champ. It is a shame that Ford decided not to make them anymore.

A Very Satisfying Purchase

by from Tucson, AZ on June 1, 2017

I am very happy with this SUV! I was pleasantly surprised at the ease and stability in its handling; its interior is very comfortable, even with the wear it has sustained; and overall I have found it a real joy to drive.

Great car few things I have ti fix or replace but

by from High point NC on May 25, 2017

Great car for the price I'm happy with my purchase low miles so it's like a new car to me :) This is a great place if your looking for a car

VERY BAD INVESTMENT/BOUGHT NEW

by from MO on December 11, 2016

BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NEW ON A TEACHER'S SALARY. WITHIN A YEAR IN HALF I WAS IN THE DEALERSHIP WITH ISSUES. TRUCK WOULD NOT START IN THE MORNING, STOP ON ITS OWN WHILE DRIVING, BATTERY DIED OUT NUMEROUS TIMES, CD PLAYER STOPPED WORKING, ENGINE REPLACED, TRANSFER CASE ISSUES...PRAYING TO GOD FOR A BLESSING

Very reliable!

by from Smiths Station, AL on January 8, 2014

I purchased this vehicle when as a Cub Scout Leader I needed more room for gear and Scouts than an automobile had to offer, and needed towing capacity to haul a unit trailer. Aviator has been great, and fellow scouters now call me the "redneck with class" when I show up with it at camping events. Safely and comfortably hauls six scouts and two adults to and from events, and has no problem towing 8 x 10 enclosed trailer loaded with gear to and from camp sites. Currently have @ 120,000 miles on the SUV, and with standard maintenance have had no major problems. Look forward to driving this vehicle until it just won't go any more!

Second Aviator

by from St. Louis, MO on August 28, 2013

Wow! I bought a 2004 Lincoln Aviator from a dealership in Bensenville, IL. Talk about great service, exceptional response time, etc. The truck was as listed, if not better. I have most of the features that I desired, except for the DVD. I have no complaints, and my truck is a constant HEAD TURNER!!! Thank you to Robbie, Brian, Juan, and Evan. I drove over four hours to purchase my truck, and I will be doing business with these guys again.

The worst car I ever had

by from North las vegas on July 16, 2012

R/t motorsports sales bad cars, it has broke down and they wont take it back, now im stuck with a bad car very unhappy

So far so Good

by from Massachusetts on March 20, 2012

Second Aviator I've owned. 2003 was excellent bought used in07 with 62000 miles. Gave to daughter with 169000 miles. She loves it , so do grandchildren. I now have a 2004 with 82000 miles. Some slight differences that I liked on '03 not on '04. Sunroof doesn't automatically close when you shut engine off. Mirrors don't tilt down when in reverse. Both cars have same WEAK seatbelt return mechanism. '04 doesn't have key entry at tailgate. Otherwise no complaints. Hope the '04 lasts as well as the '03. People like how it looks.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Lincoln Aviator