2001 LS

3.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good Car "for American"

by Brett from Milwaukee, WI on January 13, 2009

I bought my ls when i was 18 had low miles and a spotless interior. I've driven German cars and BMW's and Mercedes were the cars of choice for my family. I bought the ls because i always thought they looked nice. The overall performance is great besides sometimes it feels like the car is lagging behind when i step on the gas. Other times i feel like i could beat anything on the road. The gas mileage isn't the best in winter around 20 but 23mpg in the summer is nice, i have the v8. I drove for about 4 hours without stopping and didn't have the need to stretch so it's very comfortable. The only major problem ive had is my air conditioning doesn't work and im not sure if it's a mechanical problem or if it just needs to be charged. Overall id have to say i was very pleased and surprised with the performance and reliability of the ls, if this review is going to sway your decision on buying or not id say go for it you'll be surprised.

The Very Definition of a Luxury Sports Car

by 2001LSOwner from Springfield, MO on April 3, 2011

The car is absolutely gorgeous. Very sleek, classy and luxurious, but is is also sharp and sporty looking. The inside is equally impressive. The comfort of the leather seats allow you to drive for ours without a soar back or numb bottom. The wood finish and overall interior design gives makes for a very great look. The car is equally impressive on the road. It definitely has great acceleration off the line, and rides so smooth that it feels like you're gliding in air. And with the V8 Jaguar engine... Well, let's just say it can haul some you know what. Now the negatives. The gas mileage is not as good as it could be, and it requires 91 octane, which makes it even more expensive. I've also noticed that it doesn't run quite as smooth in town as it does on the highway. Also, the 'trunk ajar' alert on mine comes on every time, even though the trunk is closed. I was saving for a 2003 Cadillac CTS, but settled for a 2001 LS. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the result, and would make the same decision over again if I could. Mine had only 72,000 miles on it when I bought it. And it is in immaculate condition (both the interior, and the engine). So I have yet to encounter a real problem whatsoever, and I would strongly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Good for 100K Should sell before!

by Marine from New York,Ny on January 10, 2007

I have a 01, bought it with 84,000 no problems until I hit 100K then transmission slip, multiple interior lights flash up. The car needs more work on reliability than looks. Great design inside and out. Very smooth and V8 design is a notch up on the V6 overall. Appearance outweighs performance.

Does not recommend this car!!

Pretty Car

by Terrie from Virginia Beach, VA on November 19, 2008

Well I bought my 2001 Lincoln over about a year and a half ago now. Always wanted a Lincoln since I seen them in the plant when they started making them. The car is a bit too low to the ground and you must stop or slow way down to go over a speed bump, unfortunately my husband hit one too hard and cracked one of the gas lines, which to have fix correctly will cost over $1,000....so be careful with the speed bumps. (kept getting a gas cap error on the check engine light) When I first bought the car...a few months later, had to replace the fuel filter. The clock constantly sets it self ahead...a slow process but over a few months the clock was 20 minutes fast. I have reset the clock again a few weeks ago and it is a couple minutes faster than where I set it (better than going backwards I guess). Noticed some leaking around the driver door and in the trunk...but it has a sunroof...and it was clogged from the previous owner I think...but that is fixed now, no more problems with leaking. I have had to place both rear window regulators...a few months apart. The car still has less than 100k miles on it, I think it was at 18k when I bought it. It runs smooth, but the take off (get up and go) is a little diappointing to me for a V6! When merging on the highway, I feel I have to put my foot too much in it to get it to react. Oh and my heater does not work to great...90 degrees is warm...hot, which is good, but when I turn it to 85 it blows cold air...so I have to constantly switch from 90 to 85. As with many fords...when you want heat on your feet you can also feel it in your face. Keep in mind when purchasing this beautiful car that it takes premium gas. OH...and most recently when I press the windsheild wiper fluid button...the fluid sprays, but no wipers....the wipers will turn on when I turn them on manually. So that has been my experience with my beloved Lincoln LS...I am a little disappointed, but the inside and outside is beautiful and comfortable. It has never left me stranded!!

lincoln ls disappointment

by Lookiing for a Great Ride from Austin, Texas on May 16, 2006

one thing after another that needs repair--I'll not buy American again! Very good gas mileage, easy to drive and be comfortable in but mechanics a weak link.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car

by Just Me from Cleveland, OH on December 26, 2012

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8. This is the best car I've ever had. Fast and reliable. I've had this car for a year & a half and have never had to put this car in the shop except for regular maintenance. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident in this car 2 weeks ago. The other driver was in a Civic and hit me hard and his airbag deployed. My LS is a solid car and absorbed much of the impact and my airbag did not deploy. I will only stick with good old reliable Lincoln whenever I buy a car in the future!

Best overall used car

by race car driver from So Cal on June 9, 2012

Bought new in March, 2001 but returned to dealer as "Lemon"...I bought in in May for $29k 'out the door' with only 3900 miles on the odometer and still as new. Rancho Ford/Lincoln replaced rear wheel bearings, window regulators, AC master switch and, did a major wheel alignment. All on warranty with free service for FIVE years instead of the Lincoln warranty three. Only real problem was the stupidly designed engine cooling fan. It failed at 70k miles and I replaced it with an aftermarket electric fan for about $250. Brakes have been done three times, four sets of tires, always 21+ mpg on regular 89 octane. AC service once. That's fairly remarkable since it has a bit over 180,000 miles at this date, June, 2012. Still runs fine but wife is tired of it and that will doom my Lincoln to the "for sale" pages soon, I suspect. Good car second to my '91 Dodge/Cummins at over 300,000 miles with no trips to the dealer...None, ever. It's still all original but the front shocks are gettin' kinda dodgy.

Beautiful car & a dream to drive

by Mamaw's car from Wadsworth OH on April 25, 2011

We use this car as our second car. It is in NEW condition. Indoors when not being used. We have it serviced every 3,000 mi at the Mercury Lincoln dealer where we bought it new. It looks new indoors and out.

The Real Deal

by Zwaag from Grand Rapids, MI on August 13, 2006

The lincoln LS is the real deal. If you want a BMW but dont want to fork over the 60k for it...get a lincoln ls, you wont be disapointed. The handling is tight and the acceleration is great.

Very Good

by T from Worcester Ma. on August 10, 2009

I do like the 2001 LS very much, timeless styling, good perfornace, had the car since 2001, intend to keep the car.

1 2 3