2005 LS

2005 Lincoln LS

2005 Lincoln LS

Have You Driven the 2005 Lincoln LS?

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by greg from on Sat Dec 06 2008

a great car to invest in. low maintenance fees and problems. its a comfort luxurious car.............

Most Reliable Sporty Car I ever Owned!

by Lincoln Enthusiast from Louisville, KY on Thu May 15 2008

This car gets about 20 in the city, and 25 on the highway, I have over 88,739 miles on it, and never had a problem with it! It's very quick!

Great buy

by Chaz from South Dakota on Mon May 06 2013

I recently bought a 2005 with less than 60,000 miles on it. As a very tall guy I was surprised at how well I fit (im 6'7). The car is an absolute blast to drive, and the 3.9 L V8 is so much fun. This car is a drivers car not just a simple luxury car. The heated and cooled seats are great, and the memory seats are awesome as well. It has a lot of get up and go, and I love every second of driving it. The only downside is it can tend to suck down gasoline. However, since it's so much fun to drive, I can't complain. This car is fantastic.

This car is AWESOME

by robotwithfeelings from Gainesville, FL on Sat Oct 14 2017

Has the features of a modern car without the cost. Smooth ride, good gas mileage, lots of V6 power, reliable, tons of room! What more could you ask for? This is not the towncar that taxi companies use, but smaller, lighter, just as luxurious but RWD and much more fun. This car was my baby for 7 years and I loved every minute of it!

Great Open Road Car

by Huey from Port Townsend, WA on Wed Jul 23 2014

Great "2-lane blacktop" car, a blast to drive on winding mountain or coastal backroads. Handles beautifully, with decent power, comfort and features. A refined, affordable upgrade for old guys like me who grew up driving 1960's muscle cars. This is my second LS, having owned a 2001 LS Sport from '03 to '05.

Great car for Everything-Huge trunk

by Survivor from Pleasanton on Thu Oct 26 2017

Reliable car better than other Lincolns. The 2004, and older had transmission problems. 2005 they fixed that problem. Always have work done on this car by the Dealer otherwise they will screw the car up. That is what happen to us. The car runs perfect now.

Love My LS

by New LS Owner from Orlando, FL on Thu Aug 12 2010

I purchased my LS V6 with 92000 miles about 3 months ago. So far I love the car. I have always loved the styling of these cars especially in black with the body colored trim. I am impressed with the overall balance of this chassis. It handles twisties with aplomb yet doesn't punish you with an overly firm ride. I do notice bit of body noise coming from the rear doors when going over speed bumps, dips, etc, but the car seems solid (no cowl shake or leaks). The V6 offers plenty of power to motivate this car and with its crisp handling, it is easy to get this car moving faster than the local authorities might appreciate. The fuel mileage is acceptable - I get around 20 on the highway and 15 in town (I typically get lower mileage than most people report with any car that I have owned). This is a vast improvement over the Durango R/T (12 hwy/8 city) that I gave up for this car. I am impressed with the feel and quality of the interior materials - much better than the 2000-2002 models that I have looked at. Negatives are few. When slowing down, such as for a red light, the transmission doesn't seem to downshift unless you come to a complete stop. If you start up again before completing the stop, the transmission gets confused when trying to find the right starting gear. The effect is something similar to turbo lag. It takes a bit for the car to catch up with what you are telling it to do, but once it processes what it needs to do, it takes off like a rocket. The only other negative I've found with this car is that the angle of the rear seat bottom cushion makes it a challenge to fit child safety seats properly. So far the only repair issues I've had to deal with were the replacement of one of the catalytic converters and the replacement of the electric engine cooling fan. I should note that every used car I have purchased has needed something repaired within the first few months of ownership and they are all expensive to repair. The only real problems I have encountered have had more to do with the selling dealer than with the car itself. So far the cost of repairs to this car have been on par with what I have experienced with others I have owned (Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Durango, Ford Explorer, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Honda Accord, Mazda Miata). I cannot yet speak to the frequency of repairs but I have not seen anything that worries me yet.

Highly under rated sporty car

by Average Joe from El Paso, TX on Mon Nov 26 2007

The 50/50 weight distribution and the suspension to take advantage of it makes this car one of the safest feeling cars I've ever driven. It goes where you point it, no roll, no dive. Performance with the V6 is very good. Not a rocket, but at Texas Interstate speeds of 80 mph, it gets 27 mpg. And it does it quietly and comfortably. I think that if you could drive faster, the mileage would actually improve. It is loafing along at 80 mph. Things I don't like are the premium fuel requirement, and the sluggish automatic transmission shifts. If you aren't in a hurry, or want to manually select the gears, you won't be bothered by this. Overall, the car has been very dependable. For the price, the LS is a sleeper of a good deal. I've driven BMW's, too. This car drives as good as a 5 series, for a LOT less money.

*wink* NICE Ride!

by Valencia from Texas on Mon Jul 25 2011

This is a very nice car overall. You can drive it everyday or just have as a luxury vehicle. My dad purchased this car for himself a few years ago and then we traded vehicles. So far we have had to replace some of the cooling system parts on it. Other than that, it rides great, I'd rather have this car than a foriegn car because of the cost of replacement. It is underrated... I give it 5*s!

The Best Luxury Sport Sedan

by Earl from Laughlin, Nv. on Wed Jul 01 2009

I was thinking about trading for a new Lexus, Infiniti, or Mercedes. I could not find any better design, features, or Luxury in any of them. My 2005 LS suits me fine! Great V8 Power. Mileage is just fine. Yaho; all the way to the Bank.

1 2