Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 LS

2006 Lincoln LS

2006 Lincoln LS

Have You Driven the 2006 Lincoln LS?

Love the LS

by DDS from on Sat Aug 07 2010

I have had 2 LS's now. A 2000 and a 2006. I still have them both and still can't get past why Ford choose to discontinue these after the 2006 MY. These have been the most fun and comfortable cars I have owned. The RWD, V8 and 50/50 weight distribution make it pure pleasure. The LS is a true sports sedan. Hopefully Lincoln will bring it back in the near future as they nolonger have any fun sport sedans to compete with all the other luxury automakers out there. The MKS just doesn't cut it.

Classy sport

by Long time car buff from Windsor, Ontario, Canada on Fri Mar 06 2009

My wife says this car makes her feel special and I say it makes me glad I bought it.What a great handler with matching performance.Drove it back to back against a Lincoln MKZ and BMW 5 Series Turbo. Better than the MK and almost equal to the 5 for a fraction of the cost. Forget that - its better than the 5. One year later and I love it more and more.

Extreamly dissapointed it's gone

by Lawnpoint from on Wed Nov 12 2008

I purchased a 2001 for my wife, when we heard that they were being discontinued we rushed out and purchased a 2006. My wife gave me the 2001. I really enjoy driving this machine and look forward to driving them often. There is no comparison to other cars in the same class, this one is so much better. Too bad people did not test drive them, if they had Ford would have sold lots and it would likely still be around.

Best Ford Product Ever

by Old Sports Car Nut from Chattanooga, TN on Fri Jan 19 2007

Not your typical Lincoln strato-cruiser. Great size, comfortable with plenty of amenities, few superflous widgets. Excellant performance giving reasonable gas mileage. Handling excellent for a mid sized sedan while providing a smooth ride considering tight suspension. The auto critiques/writers can always find something to nit-pick (like the trunk), but for real world users, it can't be beat. Sorry to see it go.

Lincoln LS, the best car that Ford / has forgotten

by al8apex from Scottsdale, AZ on Thu Aug 12 2010

I was intrigued when the LS 1st came out in 2000, finally there was another "Hot Rod" Lincoln, and it was even avail with a manual trans. Intended to be a 5 Series beater it was (for the money) but the dealers had no idea of how to sell it. They never included the V8 with the manual trans so a lot of us "drivers" never followed through with a new purchase. My mother did, and she got a Sport / Luxury V6 in early 2003, a 2002 leftover. Fast forward to 2010 and we have bought her another one, as she loves her V6 so much. I found a 2006 with under 18k miles earlier this year and made the purchase. She loves that one as much or more than her 2002. We had discussed shipping the 02 back and forth from her winter home here in AZ to her summer home previously, but she was saying her 98 Sable (30k miles) was adequate for her at her summer house in Michigan ... until this year. Now she has an LS at both homes. Oh, she is 84 years young ... !

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone

by Ted the car guy from Winnipeg, Canada on Sun Jun 18 2006

In my mind, there were only a handful of car that really got it when it came to giving the driver enjoyment with every drive... be it stop-&-go to work, a run down to pick up some groceries or a blast down a deserted winding road. Many, would say the BMW 5 series was the one car that most capable of doing everything a car does better than any other car. For a long time, that was true. But in the last few years, the Bimmer started getting uglier, and more and more loaded with technologies that took the fun away from the driver. As this happened, the need for an alternative caused me to look elsewhere and I was VERY surprised to find the prefect replacement for what was once the ultimate driving machine at a Lincoln dealer! I don't own a Lincoln LS but I've driven many. 2000 V6 & V8, 2001 V8, 2002 V6, 2004 V8 LSE, 2005 V6 and a 2005 V8. Driving these cars I've seen a good platform mature, improve and refine itself into what I truly believe to be the one of the finest road cars - price independent - or THE finest road car - price dependent - today. The sad thing is that now that it's here, it'll soon be gone. 2006 is the last year to purchase a Lincoln LS and if you're one who feel every mile should be a joyride, I suggest you take advantage of the deep discounts Ford is putting on these fine machines and get yourself one. And that, my friends is exactly what I'm going to do

I have a 2005 LS and I just bought my wife a 2006

by GIII Pilot from Phoenix, AZ on Fri Aug 25 2006

We have his & hers LS's now. What a shame in my opinion this is the best car Ford has put on the road in many years, and now they are taking it away. I had to buy one for my wife before they became extinct. The huge rebates didn't hurt either. The LS is a great car for my wife. It is very safe, comes with the Ford roadside assistance, & is driver friendly (She has the driver memory system and as she opens the door, the seat slides back and the T & T steering gets out of the way for easy in & out. And after I drive she pushes one button and her pedals, steering, mirrors, and seats go back to the way she set them).

Nice to look at but trouble under the hood.

by Bertha Rides from Newport News, VA on Wed Apr 15 2015

I've owned this car for a little over 3 years. When I initially purchased the car I was attracted to look of the body. All the bells and whistles of having a sporty sedan. Something that says sexy but grown up. The truth is the interior is great. Leather heated seats, sunroof, surround sound stereo. Somewhat large but sturdy vehicle. However, I can't tell you at this point how many engine coils I've had to replace or how many bottles of fuel injection cleaner I've dumped into the gas tank. Not to mention the costly repairs to the water pump and thermostat and housing units. I cringe every time I see the check engine light come on again. Even with regular maintenance its unavoidable. The engine and the coils just don't know how to play nice. The moral of this story is when Bertha is running its so smooth and the handling is great but when Bertha isn't she really isn't with all her fail safe mode drama.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love this car

by Automotive enthousiast from Iowa on Thu Apr 10 2008

Ive had a 2000 LS V8 and now a 2006. I love these cars. We have a Toyota and Lexus as well..but this is by far my most favorite to drive. The only downside I see is that repairs are very costly...mainly due to the engine coils failing periodically on earlier models. However once they were replaced, the car has been great since

the best bang for your buck

by LS proud owner from new york city, NY on Sat Jun 10 2006

this is a former motor trend car of the year the best american car that feels like a euro, the v8 has more than enough power for all your needs 0-60 in 6.4 sec may not be the fastes but i guarantee you wont be the last of the pack, this is the best car lincoln has created in quite some time and the THX sound system is one of the best i ever heard,if you looking for luxury and performance with thousands less then the compitition the LS will not desopoint....

1 2 3 4