Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 MKT

2013 Lincoln MKT

2013 Lincoln MKT

Have You Driven the 2013 Lincoln MKT?

Luxury and Great Features

by Mom of young child from New Castle, PA on Mon Nov 04 2013

I purchased the 2013 Lincoln MKT as a certified used vehicle with 24,000 miles. The cost savings of purchasing the vehicle used was helpful in deciding on this luxury three-row crossover. I'm a fan of the styling. The aggressive grill looks fantastic against the black body color, and I love the sleek lines. I'm 5'2". Some other three-row SUVs with the option of second-row bucket seats were ruled out during my search because my knees were pressed into the dash when I moved the seat forward to reach the pedals. The MKT's adjustable pedals, together with the telescoping steering wheel and highly adjustable seat position, make for a comfortable and safe fit, even with a pregnant belly and short legs. Plus, the easily-set seating position memory, with room for three different settings, is very useful when my husband, who is 6'2", drives. He is also very comfortable in the vehicle. I will also mention that the MKT's lower stance, as compared to some other three-row SUVs, makes it easier for a shorter person like myself to lift child seats into the vehicle, not to mention hop in the driver's in a more ladylike way when in a skirt and heels! I was searching for a three-row SUV with an accessible and comfortable third row. With a toddler and a baby on the way, I want to be able to sit in the back with the infant without wedging myself between car seats. I selected the second-row bucket seats with no cooler between them. This way I can walk between the seats and sit in the back to face a rear-facing child, or I can place my toddler in the third row and sit next to the second-row infant. The rear seating arrangement offers the convenience of a minivan without looking like one from the outside. The seats flip with a push of the button, including the third-row seats stowing and unfolding automatically. The trunk space is still decent with the third row up. With the third-row stowed, the cargo space is great for long trips or hauling large items. The one drawback is that everything in the trunk space must be removed to fold or unfold the third row. I mitigated this by purchasing the soft-sided cargo carrier from Lincoln in order to easily lift the trunk contents (fire extinguisher, window scraper, etc.) out and then replace them in the vehicle. This is a fun vehicle to drive as the acceleration is excellent, especially for a vehicle of this size. It handles well. No complaints. With a combination of city and highway driving, I'm averaging 21-22 mpg. The touch-screen interface is easy to use; I was able to learn to use it without the manual; it's intuitive. The navigation system is very handy, and the ability to view simplified turn-by-turn instructions on the dash behind the steering wheel is very helpful in the city and/or when the using the touch-screen for other applications, like satellite radio or telephone calls. The sound system is impressive and highly adjustable. The display behind the steering wheel can be set many different ways to your preference. The driver is able to handle phone calls, some navigation, the radio, etc, all from simple controls on the steering wheel, which are displayed directly in front of the driver. The adaptable cruise control is something I never knew I was missing. It's amazing to be able to set a max speed and then allow the car to slow down with traffic and then resume speed when able. I am extremely happy that I was able to find a vehicle that fits my family, has a third row that won't require gymnastics, which has a sophisticated look, and which is fun to drive. I highly recommend the MKT to families as an alternative to the minivan or its truck-like competitors.

Best MKT Ever

by 2nd MKT from Seattle, Washington on Tue Sep 03 2013

This is my second MKT, having traded in my 2010, which I loved. This is even better. I replaced my Town Car with the MKT in 2010 and loved the Eco Boost engine and the ride. I put a lot of miles on the vehicle and it performed better than expected with no real issues. The 2013 that I just purchased is unbelievably better and I am looking forward to many years of comfortable driving in this amazing crossover.

Wow

by gooddealphill from FL on Mon Mar 17 2014

I picked up the 2013 MKT with 16K miles in PA. Drove back to FL over two days. First day I drove 450 miles. It took me all of that time/mileage to understand how all items worked on MKT. The second day i completed the trip with 600 miles. Coolest item was the Lane control. If I moved outside of the lane it would warn me. It works. Second, the Active cruise control was great. It allowed me to set the speed at 80 MPH. If I came up on a slower car the car would slow down and match the car in fronts speed. If i moved to another clear lane the MKT picked up speed to 80 MPH. Overall as of the first 1050 miles I rate the vehicle 4.5 out of 5 .

Still impressive after 2 years of ownership

by CarGuy1 from Cleveland, Ohio on Tue May 27 2014

I leased my 2012 MKT new in April 2012 - now has 34K miles on it and other than having to replace a tire - the car has only had to have the scheduled (free) Routine maintenance. It rides great, has all the options you can get on similar vehicles from other "high end" makers - I get asked yet "When did Lincoln start making that model. it's cool" so for the negative people that say it's "ugly" I say looks are subjective - I personally like that it's different and stands out in a crowd of "boxes" It's fast, handles great and rides great - Sync wasn't that hard to get used to, I think it's easier than the system in my German car. If more people would test drive this vehicle, they'd buy it over the higher priced alternatives out there. I'll be leasing another MKT when my lease is up.

Excellent choice for luxury SUV Crossover

by Ex Expedition owner from on Wed Aug 07 2013

My MKT has been fantastic for myself and my family. I was looking for a higher end crossover / SUV and found it in my Tuxedo Black and Stone interior MKT. I bought the top of the line MKT with all the options and it has been a wonderful driving experience. Additionally my three kids love it and they we all have plenty of room to travel in. I just took it on a 280 mile beach tour and it was awesome for the kids and friends. the mini-fridg came in very handy and the worked perfectly. One of the best features was the adaptive cruise control that I used while driving. it really made the trip so much easier to manage. Also I have been stopped on several occations by people wanting to know what type of car I was driving because it was so pretty and has a perfect chrome package.

Love this car

by TML from Los Angeles, CA on Sun Dec 16 2012

I own a black on black loaded Ecoboost. Fast, quiet, smooth ride. I absolutely love this car. I am convinced that many more would sell if people would just test drive this vehicle. I am extremely picky but have been very happy with the car and the dealer. I love the power and all the tech features. You get a lot for the money.

Love this Lincoln!

by City Girl from Pittsburgh from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Dec 10 2014

Despite the negative reviews that I had read online, I decided to test drive the Lincoln MKT and form my own opinion, and boy am I glad that I did! I traded a 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium for my 2013 Lincoln MKT AWD Ecoboost w/Elite Package and I love, love, love this car. The interior is beautiful and classy with all the bells and whistles that you could ever want. Leg room is great, controls and touchscreen are easy to use when navigating through the many features, and I like the option to switch between Normal, Sport and Comfort modes. Power is amazing, sound healthy, shifts well and handles great. (I must have been a racecar driver in a previous life)...the blind spot monitor is great in city traffic as well as on the freeway. I get many compliments on this vehicle with most people saying they never even heard of the MKT! That's a bonus...not a lot of Lincoln MKT's around yet. Two have shown up in the parking garage since I've purchased mine. The only complaint I have is with the driver side arm rest on the door which has split at the seam. I was also disappointed that my model came with 19" wheels instead of 20" chrome...and a fixed glass roof instead of the powered moon roof. Obviously wasn't a deal breaker for me though. I have previously owned an SRX, Nissan Armada Platinum, Infinity QX56 and a Lincoln MKS. This MKT is by far the most value for my money. I have received more compliments and turned more heads on its' appearance than any other care I've owned and I truly enjoy driving this vehicle everyday. I haul three kids all over the countryside on a daily basis (and still have room for each to bring a friend), and still have room for groceries and shopping bags. I have 52k miles on it already and we have taken it on two vacations. I've had no problems or issues other than a trip to the dealership for a recall issue that was promptly corrected. Give Lincoln a try....you will NOT be sorry!

New 2013 MKT

by Scooter from Chicago on Tue Apr 08 2014

We hated to do it, but knew it was time to trade in our 2008 MKX; it had served us well, and was getting tired at almost 100,000 miles. We found a local dealer with a brand new 2013 MKT; it has the 4 bucket seats, and the third row, and all the other bells and whistles. Initially, the technology can seem overwhelming, but it becomes intuitive rapidly. The car rides incredibly well, is very quiet, and has one of the best pedal responses I have ever been acquainted with. 5 out of 5!

Last Car

by Kernel from Alpena, MI on Tue Jun 28 2016

This is the last car I'm buying before I retire so I need something I feel comfortable and confident in. This car exceeds my expectations. The price was good and included a full 3 years of bumper -bumper warranty extension. This car was advetised as having every available option and I can't think of anything I could add to that. I wanted a car to fit an average driver and a very short driver and this will easily accommodate both. Performance is great. The mileage is not great but what I expected. The fit and finish are superb. I have a nav system fault I'm waiting to be cured by the dealer but otherwise I love this car. It's big and safe and holds a ton of stuff or 6 people comfortably.

Really fun car

by 2013 MKT Owner from Arizona on Tue Oct 23 2012

I just bought my EcoBoost MKT and I have to say for the money, you won't find anything nicer than this. The EcoBoost motor rockets this thing to freeway speeds, and the power delivery is so smooth. The ride is plush in the comfort mode, stiffens up if you want it to. I have the elite and Tech packages, and I tell you, the adaptive cruise and lane keeping functions are indespensible now that I have run them. I don't honestly think you will find a better car for the money and with this much tech anywhere else. True the body styling takes some getting used to, but it grows on you, and I've had a lot of people oogle the car and ask me how I like it.

1 2 3