2011 MKZ

2011 Lincoln MKZ

2011 Lincoln MKZ

Have You Driven the 2011 Lincoln MKZ?

All Wheel Drive: A Very Engaging Ride

by Hotrod Lincoln from Michigan on Tue Mar 29 2011

We were in the market for a safe, reliable car for my wife and superior reviews in the literature led us to a Lincoln dealer in mid winter. I was so impressed with the quantity and quality of the standard equipment (heated/cooled six way leather seats, sync media, premium audio, heated mirrors, wood trim, built in garage opener, alloy wheels, etc) that I felt no need or desire for additional options. Except one. We test drove the standard front drive model and found it performed very well on snow and ice but decided to try an AWD model. That did it. We had never experienced such sure footed confidence in any other car before. We actually purchased the one we tested because it had the ONE option we wanted: all wheel drive. We live in Michigan but drove it to Florida the next week and that was another good experience as we braved rain, sleet and mountains effortlessly and quietly. This car has amazingly comfortable seats and is so ergonomic that we could drive for hours without fatigue. We especially enjoyed the audio system because road noise was almost non-existent. Highway mileage was 26mpg. A really fine ride with nimble handling AND creature comforts, it always says "let's go"!

Lincoln improves on MKZ

by 2nd MKZ from Massachusetts on Wed Mar 23 2011

This is our 2nd MKZ. We traded in a 2008 and loved it. It provided 3 years of reliability and the AWD was the only way to go in New England, especially after this past winter. Nothing ever went wrong and the maintenance program was great, along with free car washes. The 2011 is even better. I like the improved appearance of the grill and tail lights, the dash is a great upgrade, the leather seats with piping are extremely comfortable and the interior ride is even more quiet. While we like the Infinity G37X, we found the overall passenger compartment in the MKZ larger and more comfortable. Plus, trading in our '08 MKZ to a Lincoln Dealer, we did much better. Ford has hit a home run with the MKZ. Basic warranty is excellent.

Vastly Improved

by Fragie from Emerson, NJ on Tue Nov 30 2010

Just re-leased a 2011 MKZ, loaded. I had a 2007 MKZ for 39 months, and I was very happy with the car, despite some minor glitches that had to be repaired around the 3 year mark. The new 2011 is improved in almost every way. It is quieter for sure, has a nice ride, and even though the engine is the same it seems quicker. The interior is nicely redone, particularly with the upgraded leather and wood trim. The ambient lighting is a nice touch. And the SYNC system is AMAZING!! Highly recommended! I loved the 07 version, and after a month I can tell that Lincoln has really done a great job with the new one.

most value for money

by car snob from berkshires, western ma on Sun Mar 17 2013

I traded in a CTS for this vehicle. Lincoln puts GM to shame!!! CTS had cheap interior that didn't last and engine that started needing IV fluids at 100k. I have owned Fords and Chryslers in past that went over 200k with no problems. I look forward to same with this car. Looks sharp, handles like a dream and has all my creature comforts.

Fantastic Automobile!

by JRMF150 from Asheville,NC on Tue Aug 28 2012

I have owned 5 other Lincolns before we bought the 2011 MKZ. This is the best of all! The styling, standard features,gas milage and creature comfort are beyond ridicule, this car is great. I just don't see where anyone could be dissapointed with this vehicle. My parents own a 1996 Lincoln Town Car and a 2008 MKZ and have had no problems with either car. Lincoln rules the luxury market as far as we are concerned.

This car rides so smooth and fast!!

by Philip from Alpharetta, GA on Fri Oct 05 2012

I have finally bought my first MKZ. I am so glad that I waited, because the 2011 body and interior are awesome. I traded in a 2010 F150, and a Harley, and actually got $5000 back on the deal. I could not be happier. I almost wish I had gotten the Hybrid, but the acceleration and power of this engine is great, and much better than the F150. Very pleased, and I have the 4 year, 50000 mile free maintenance.

MKZ surprises

by Thruxton1 from Novi, Mi on Mon Feb 04 2013

I am a long time GM owner. The MKZ is my first Ford product. The car is very quiet and refined. Ride and handling are nicely balanced. The steering is responsive with decent on center feel. Interior controls are well laid out and quite intuitive. Interior fit and finish are good with a refined character. Seats are comfortable. Overall I was surprised how good the car is. I believe magazine articles have under rated this car. I would recommend it as a nice family car.

all around great car

by family man from on Fri Jul 05 2013

Searching for a car thru cars.com was very helpful as to value performance. I found a mkz in budget and condition.

GREAT "little" Lincoln

by Lincoln Lover from Scarsdale, New York on Fri Jan 18 2013

I recently downsized from a Town car to The MKZ and LOVE it. It's sporty, comfortable, and a pleasure to drive. The car has all the "bells and whistles" that a driver can want. Easy to learn technology and very user friendly. It took less than an hour for the dealer to aquaint me with all the features. The car rides like a dream is quiet and handles great. I LOVE the AWD in the snow which is a big change from the rear wheel Town car. An added plus was my salesman at White Plains Lincoln in Westchester, NY. Kevin Goodwin has been selling cars for decades and knows his stuff. He was low pressure and let the car sell itself. The MKZ in combination with White Plains Lincoln is TOPS.

replacement

by long time lincoln owner from greenfield, in. on Thu Feb 07 2013

totaled my last car. found perfect replacement and best price at Cars.com Great comfort, milage, and handleing

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2011 Lincoln MKZ

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2009 about the 2010 Lincoln MKZ. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The MKZ is Lincoln's entry-level luxury sedan, but with its 2010 redesign there's not much that's entry-level about it. After driving the MKZ for a week, I'm impressed with its strong powertrain, premium interior and array of technology, but shoppers might want to think twice about the Sport Appearance Package, as its firm sport suspension seems out of place on this sedan.

Toothy Grille
The MKZ's styling is starting to grow on me. The front end is distinctive. It... Read More