2012 MKZ

2012 Lincoln MKZ

2012 Lincoln MKZ

4.4

Have You Driven the 2012 Lincoln MKZ?

great Car

by Dave from Whitesboro TX on Sun Jan 08 2012

I own a 2011 which is my second Lincoln MKZ... If you like quality, great gas milgage on REGULAR gas, Super speed and a great price, you will like the MKZ...

great car

by car lover from O'fallon, Mo on Thu Aug 23 2012

Just a very pleasant car to drive and ride in. Acceleration is great. Reasonable gas milage. Super quiet.

One of the best bangs for the buck used

by Joey C. from PA on Mon Feb 02 2015

I just bought a 2012 Base with Chrome package. Only had 19,000 miles on it and is cream puff. I love it. Considering what you can get these for off lease certified, its a great value you can't beat. Look, if you want a real nice ride with all the nice comfort features and you value reliability; don't reallyr care about the latest and greatest style, this car is for you. I'm a sales road warrior and this fits the bill,especially the wallet, pun intended. You won't come close to touching a mid size luxury Lexus, Audi, Infinity, Caddy or other etc. for what the MKZ gives you for the money. Is just a flat out fine used car for a great price.

Suits us fine.

by Dave&Cathy from Midwest on Thu Feb 07 2013

An unususual purchase for us, at least for me. I decided on the 2012 MKZ for a couple of reasons: body style and better than average horsepower with liveable gas mileage. The 2013's are nice but I we were out to purchase a small luxury car, not a luxo-barge or a sporty car. A Classy one--a 4-door. The interior could be a little more appointed and it is marginally nicer than it's sister Fusion Titanium. The psuedo-spoiler on the '13 turned me off. I think a Lincoln looks out of place with a spoiler and with the larger V-6 and horsepower drawing a higher insurance premium. --- 300+ hp makes them nervous. Besides, it'll never see the sustained speed where the spoiler would be effective. The '13 is a beautiful car, don't get me wrong, but the '12 is still kind of boxy and classier-looking. We own a small pick-up and an older Mustang Cobra and this car kind of completes our ownerhip--a grocery-getter, a hotrod and a driver. As a retired couple it fits in perfectly. We love all 3.

Close, but...

by Elwood from Minneapolis on Thu Oct 02 2014

One of the big selling points for this (2012 MKZ) was the outstanding reliability ratings. The car is quiet, smooth, and quick. I am a bit disappointed that I only get about 21mpg. My last car was a 14yo Grand Marquis with a V8. The GM got close to 20mpg and it was bigger, older, and had a larger engine. The seats are way too stiff for my tastes, but I do love that they are heated! Ergonomics is my biggest disappointment. I just can't get comfortable. Even at the lowest level the steering wheel is too high and it is at the wrong angle. The side bolsters on the seats hit the back of my arms when I make turns. This car has the navigation system and I love the back up camera! I really don't use the nav very often. Last year I drove through Indianapolis and it had me get off the freeway for about 6 miles which was a completely necessary detour. The audio features are more than adequate with satellite, HD radio, CD player, and a great "Juke Box". Unfortunately, the sound quality is sub-par. You would think with a car in this class that it would have more than just bass and treble adjustments! The sound is a bit to brassy while at the same time the bass is too boomy. Finally, this car seems to pull to the left. I took it in for an alignment and they happily re-aligned it for free. Unfortunately, it still pulls just a bit. I took it back and they said it was within specs and did nothing. That time they charged me $49. I miss my old Grand Marquis. THAT was the best car I ever owned!

Does not recommend this car!!

Love my Lincoln

by Happy Lady from Evansville, IN on Tue Feb 12 2013

This is the first Lincoln I have owned.....I like everything about it! It is very comfortable to sit in and it handles very well on the road.

We skipped the 2013 model because of the price. .

by Enjoy the often difficult "buying experience" from Plymouth Michigan on Thu Oct 10 2013

The entire buying experience was exceptional and we drove the vehicle we bought and also drove the 2013 vehicle. We love the styling inside and out, got the mfg warranty on this vehicle. The ride is quiet and the engine has power. The sound system is premium. We look forward to many more miles of trouble free driving in luxury. We loved the 2013 MKZ that we drove, but chose the 2012 because the price fit our budget better. The 2013 model would have gotten 5 starts.

Sweet ride for the money

by Big Brown from on Wed Dec 31 2014

This is a great car for the price. The luxury and performance compare to many other more expensive foreign vehicles I have owned. Very pleased with my purchase.

Classic Chrome

by Loving Lincoln from on Thu Aug 06 2015

AWD with Classic Chrome, beautiful dash board, every luxury, cool and warm seats, I am so happy to have found this ride.

Quite good except for transmission.

by Jack from Livermore, Ca. on Tue May 06 2014

Transmission frequently causes delayed acceleration at speeds from approximately 5 to 35 miles per hour.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4