Read or write a review.

2014 Lincoln Mkz

2014 Lincoln MKZ

Change Year
Average based on 16 reviews

Great value for the money

by from Winchester Va. on July 20, 2014

I traded my 2007 Lincoln for a new 2014 model, and the difference is great. I love the adaptive cruise, plus all of the numerous extras that this car has. I just wish it had included the auto stop feature.

Best car I've owned - Bar none!

by from Puyallup, Washington on September 6, 2016

I was in the middle of a lease with a 2014 Ford Fusion when I saw an MKZ go by and said to myself: "What was that?!" From that point on, I vowed to own one someday. Before my Fusion lease ran out, I thoroughly researched the MKZ and decided on the options I wanted - ALL OF THEM! I found one - loaded - with huge moonroof and everything - THX II, Auto-park, BLIS, adaptive cruise, Cool/heat seats, Hybrid, everything but AWD. (Not offered on Hybrid) When I went to the dealer to hammer out an agreement, I practiced the 'walk-away.' But, at the last minute, I gave them a final offer and they accepted it. My point is, I really had no idea how great the car was! I've had it two weeks and have put over 1K miles on it just for the fun of driving it. I added a 700 watt JBL 12" subwoofer to the other 14 speakers and the sound is TO-DIE-FOR!! Pearl white with ebony interior, it does everything but make me breakfast. Active noise reduction through the THX system so at 70MPH, you can hear a pin drop! The LED headlights that snake arounds corners - anticipating your next turn - are amazing. Smooth, beautiful - and 49 miles per gallon today on the way up to Bellevue, WA. Seriously. I was totally happy with the 'loaded' Fusion, but this is the Fusion on steroids! The great thing is, virtually everything is in the same place, just more stuff - and even better. I decided to buy it, instead of lease. With a 6 year, 100K warranty, I plan to have it for some time to come!! I've owned fleets of cars, including a BMW 740 IL - which was in the shop every month, because there was always something wrong with it. I expect to have a similar experience to the Fusion - nothing wrong in two years of ownership. Finally, I'm old enough to own a Lincoln - but wish I'd done it decades ago! Don't hesitate. $32 to fill it up. Frankly, I couldn't afford not to buy it!

Wow!

by from Wayne, NJ on February 24, 2014

I owned a 2008 Mercury Milan and liked it but it always left me a little bit wanting and cramped. With that said I was really unsure about buying this car. However, the styling turned my head every time I saw one. Well I took the plunge and I am thrilled I did. I went full bore and got the big roof and the technology package with the v6. The car is a blast to drive in sport and can be as comfy as you want it by setting the ride to "comfort". Usually "normal" is just fine but playing in sport with the paddle shifters is a lot of fun. I have to say the build quality is excellent - quiet over the bumps, just the way I like it. I love turning heads when I park. Everyone wants to know what it is after they tell me they love the look of the car. Oh, I checked out the Cadillac CTS and the ATS. The CTS was beautiful but if you want anything in it, be prepared to spend 9,000 more than the MKZ. The ATS is just too small. The BMW is... well the BMW; very nice but not very distinctive for my tastes. Ditto on the Audi A4/A6. I love it!

I love this car

by from Miami, FL on January 28, 2016

I have owned Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Saab, Infinite, Lexus, well, you get the idea. This Lincoln is equal to or better than any of the foregoing in terms of value relative to cost. This is my third hybrid (Honda and Lexus were the others) and I get 44-45 mpg in winter (no AC) and 38 - 39 in summer with AC. Nothing has ever gone wrong with the automobile and it requires a simple oil change once per year. It has a four year bumper to bumper warranty and the dealership has been excellent. It has all the whistles and bells, including self-parking. I love design, both inside and out.

Excellent Car - with a few irritations

by from Southern Maryland on March 1, 2015

I bought my 2014 MKZ 2.0 on a "wild hair" when I had my 2012 Taurus in for service. I made this purchase in May 2014. I had the itch to trade and had researched the MKZ, E350 and BMW 5-Series in the previous weeks. After taking a two hour test drive I was sold! Plenty of power, comfortable, the MyTouch and Sync are better than what was in my Taurus. My irritations are with build quality - which I blame on Ford shipping their luxury car brand to Mexico. -Within the first week the lower plastic panel under the passenger side B pillar came loose. Easy fix at the dealer to put it back on. -Week three, an irritating squeak on the right side trunk lid support arm when closing. Dealer replaced the material surrounding the support arms on each side. -Within the first month there was a harmonic vibration coming from the driver's door locked indicating LED. This came at various volume levels with the THX sound system (more on the THX later). This resulted in the dealer replacing the entire LED housing - and they gave advice on balancing the fader, balance and equalizer controls. -Squeak in the upper back of the passenger seat. I will have this addressed at my next service. -Squeak in the passenger side seat belt retractor mechanism. This will be addressed at the next service interval. -There is a rattle underneath the car which sounds like part of the exhaust or break line is rattling against something underneath the car. Again - this will be checked on the next service interval. Those are the detractors on the MKZ. As this was the most expensive car I've ever bought or leased, I expect ZERO defects. I've owned Mercedes, Ford, Hyundai, Acura, VW and others. Only with VW did I have a number of service and mechanical issues. My MB and 2012 Taurus were perfect during my entire ownership experience. I expect the same from what was America's luxury car leader for so many years. While my dealership has been very understanding and accommodating - the fact remains they are left to clean up the issues caused by mother Ford/Lincoln by farming assembly to Mexico to save costs, but still charge a big price for their vehicles. Now, the good - acceleration is excellent with the Spanish built 2.0 Ecoboost engine. It doesn't scream when pushed. Handling is remarkable, breaking excellent, comfort phenomenal (not to the level of my 1979 MKV - but comfortable). The THX sound system is absolutely incredible. Set to surround mode, tunes from my iPod or CD is pristine even coming from the compressed audio formatting. The Sirius sound is okay - they could have done better with defining that quality. Once the current discrepancies are corrected, I hope I will not encounter any others. IF there are future build quality issues, that will determine my future with Lincoln and if I decide to buy this car at the end of the lease or if I will buy another MKZ. Gas mileage in city driving is 24 and highway (70-75 MPH) is 32 MPG. These numbers verified with manual calculations compared with the vehicle fuel economy computer (spot on, by the way). The car currently has 13,500 miles after 9 months of driving.

Very good American cars

by from San Francisco on January 22, 2014

Lincoln is selling MKZ in China starting this month. I am proud to support our American, Mexican, & Canadian auto workers. Happy new MKZ owner.

Excellent overall

by from Lincoln,Ca on June 18, 2014

I replaced a 2011 E550 Class Mercedes with the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. After 6 months of ownership I can say I'm really impressed. My MKZ delivers a solid 42MPG combined on regular fuel. It is much quieter, much more comfortable far surpassing its competition. With over 9,000 miles it has been virtually problem free. I receive free oil changes, tire rotations and multi point checks at any ford dealer plus a free car wash to boot. The sound system (TDX) is amazing, coupled with the USB ports delivers great sound and variety from my Apple devices. In addition there is the ability to place music on any USB storage device and play them for literal hours of cordless music. Before making my purchase decision, my short list was made up of Lexus 350, Infinity Q50, Cadillac CTS, Mercedes E350 and besides the MKZ , I considered the BMW 5 series. In my opinion, the Lincoln won out in virtually every category. Excellent automobile, excellent value, reasonable performance.

AWESOME vehicle!!!

by from Warwick, RI on June 29, 2014

This is my 4th MKZ - the ride is incredibly comfortable. People have commented I am now driving a space ship due to sleek design. I highly recommend this car for its reliability and safety ratings.

Number 4

by from Monee on May 24, 2014

This is my third MKZ following a Zephyr for a total of 4. I think that speaks for itself. Only car for me.

Most exciting and stylish Car I ever purchased

by from Somers, NY on March 27, 2014

This car is the one car that I look forward to driving. The Fusion model is fun and also challenging to ride. I enjoy monitoring the dashboard and making sure I'm driving efficiently. The Car itself is so nice to look at. The functions inside the car is just incredible! There are more options than I know about. I need to spend some time reading the manual. It's exciting to know that there are things in the car that I need to learn. Listen - I bought the 203A model - the one with all the options in it! I love the Sync option - just need to do more studying to see how to use it properly. The rear camera (never had before) is awesome - it has an option to see 6 inches from bumper - nice to get closer parking. I guess it is safe to say that I feel like a child with a new bike! LOVE driving it! I've only had the car for 11 days - so - reliability is hard to judge. First time I've owned a Ford product in over 25 years. I wanted to give the American Car Company a chance! Listen - I love the car and I loved the dealership I bought from. They treated me with respect and never tried to use their tactics to get more $ out of me! There are GREAT incentives and Rebates right now - I actually got this car for cheaper than the Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium model. AND I have a lot more benefits and options than that car! Easy decision! My kids love the heated seats in the back seat and I love the heated steering wheel - live in NY and this winter was a nightmare. I've been averaging 38 mpg and that is in 24 degree weather and with only 200 miles on the car. It will get better in the warmer weather and as the engine breaks in (claims 45 mpg). So - I'm happy and I think you should go see your local Lincoln dealer.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Lincoln Mkz