2004 Town Car

2004 Lincoln Town Car

2004 Lincoln Town Car

5 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2004 Lincoln Town Car?

most reliable car i ever owned

by tc driver from texas on Sat Feb 27 2010

Bought the 2004 new, now has 97000 miles . I do oil changes every 4000 miles. transmission and fuel filter every 35000 miles. has no rattles or fluid leaks. this is my 4th towncar and the most reliable. The ride is still smooth. I have never sent it to the shop except for the mantance items above and one brake job. At 100,000 I will do the plugs and change the antifreeze and go for another 100,000 miles

Great vehicles.

by Prefer Lincoln Town Cars from Vero Beach, Fl. on Wed Feb 24 2010

This Town Car (2004 Ultimate) is the sixth Town Car we have owned and my family has nothing but praise for all aspects of the vehicle.

Super nice affordable luxury

by Likes fine rides from Hayward, Ca on Mon Jan 17 2011

Lincolns have the best ride, confort and are easy on gas. I traded in my 99 Deville for the Town Car and really forgot how nice they are. I have had Cads and Lincolns so I am no new commer. Just tradedin the 04 Town Car for an 09 a few months back. They made improvements... and the prices are really good for a year or 2 old model.

Best Car I've Owned

by Rem from Orlando on Wed Sep 29 2010

The ride and comfort you get for this price on this car is nothing short of being great! The money you save buying any other high end car you can use for gas and just plan enjoy driving this car! Like I always say, Just drive it, It will get you!!!

great car

by chris from Texas on Fri Jul 21 2006

Bought a used towncar-L. I own 1995 and 1998 towncars. The 2004 is the quietest, roomiest, smoothest and best handling towncar I have ever owned. It has the largest interior room of any production car, huge trunk, ride is excellent. Everyone who rides in it is awed by the comfort, quiet, and roominess. Love the audio and navigation systems. It gets 24 to 28 mpg on hwy with an overall avg of 22mpg---not bad for a 4200lb car. All of my towncars have been extremely reliable, no breakdowns with only two minor repairs in all three cars, other than routine maintenance. Love all three cars! I will keep buying towncars as long as they keep making them comfortable, roomy, and reliable.

Most exciting and enjoyable car I've owned

by Golfpro-not from Wooster, Ohio on Fri Feb 25 2011

This car turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Excellent value, great condition at a favorable price. All the luxary and comfort that I wanted. Wasn't concerned about fuel efficiency but it is acceptable.

2004 2005 2006 Town cars

by classiccar from michigan on Thu Jan 07 2016

I have owned several Town cars..Currently I have 3 Town cars and loved them all..These cars can run well over 250000 to 400000 miles..I retired from GM and I'll have to say these are the best cars to buy for the money...Out of all the town cars I've owned I've only replaced brakes, rotors and coil packs and plugs at around 100k...Now looking to add another to my fleet....

Big safe and comfy

by Ped Doc from Pensacola, Florida on Sat Feb 02 2013

If you don't mind 14-16 MPG around town, and want a large luxury car with all the amenities at a superb price, you can't do much better than a Lincoln Town car. Sound system is excellent and the handling of the 2003-2011 Town Cars is quite good. Reliability is excellent in contrast to my 2000 Cadillac DeVille which not only broke down frequently but was very expensive to repair; glad I got rid of it!

awesome car

by luxury ride from syracuse ny on Wed Nov 30 2011

This car does nopt have a bunch of fancy gizmos, but what it does have is power and comfort like the cars I grew up with. Plus it averages 20 MPG in all around driving and 25 on the road. Already thinkingf about what year my next used lincoln town car will be!!!!

Best vehicle I have owned thus far!

by TownCardriver82 from Oklahoma city on Sat Sep 16 2017

I've owned many types of cars, from a Mercedes 190E to a '97 Buick Park Avenue, an Oldsmobile Alero to a Ford Five Hundred, and a '88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Of all the cars I've owned, only the Grand Wagoneer and the Town Car have more than satisfied my needs and tastes. The car I currently own and use most often is a 2004 Town Car Ultimate edition, and boy am I still thrilled and happy that I have it! It currently has 141k miles, and drives like it only has 20k. The comfort is hands down the best part of it; I drive from Oklahoma City to Louisville, Ky on a semi-yearly basis, and very rarely do I need to get out to stretch, etc... My last car was a Ford Five Hundred, and that is like a Yugo compared to this car. The ride is super quiet: no highway noise, the suspension handles like riding on a cloud, the stereo is very nice- it even has a tape deck (!), and for being over four thousand pounds I average 24 MPG, which is phenomenal! (My '88 Jeep only got 8mpg, so a huge difference!). My only complaint is the braking: it seems to have a small lag in the braking department, but for such a large and heavy car it is to be expected. I am most definitely going to keep this car forever; I routinely read online about people having put 250-350k mi. on these transmissions, so this purchase was clearly the best one I've ever made!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Lincoln Town Car

Full-metal dinner jacket
In today's scary world, does the armor-clad Lincoln Town Car BPS qualify as a family car?

The National Rifle Assn. is right when it says guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people, and really big bullets traveling at four times the speed of sound kill people with excellent and resounding authority. Welcome to the fascinating world of rifle-grade ballistics. Please keep your brains inside your skull during the ride.

The new Lincoln Town Car BPS (Ballistic Protection Series) is the only rifle-grade armored car made by a North American manufacturer, certified to meet or exceed the National Institute of Justice's Level III ballistic testing, a standard that easily rebuffs... Read More