2014 Ghibli

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The best car I have ever had. Brings a smile

by ah_perth on January 30, 2018

Achingly beautiful. The sound (in sports mode) is something to experience, not raucously loud, but keeps me young. I wanted a 6 cylinder, 4 door and something different. Stumbled across this. Yes there are some minor things (eg not "all the fruit" as you would get with a Merc), but (by way of example) if I am on cruise control and I have to tap the brakes, I simply reset the cruise at a later stage! No blind spot monitoring. Yes the cup holders are small, its hard to get a thumbdrive in the slot, the rear camera quality is just OK, but I didnt buy it for those things, .................its a drivers car! And yes the value of it drops like an anvil, but tell me a car that doesnt. I realise this Italian beauty may give me some grief at a later stage (nothing so far) , but I will enjoy it every day.

Such a fun car to drive

by chrills from Dallas, TX on April 13, 2018

I was very worried about purchasing this car since lots of reviews were poor. I test drove it and it drives amazing! I now use this as an everyday car (kids to school and commute to work) and couldn't be happier with the styling. Give it a try before buying in to the negative reviews, you'll be happy you did.

Amazing Car

by No Name from Houston on May 2, 2017

I once knew a guy who was an engineer and spent his entire life as a total gear head. Years ago, he gave me a great piece of advice. He said "If you ever decide to buy an exotic sports car, that is pretty expensive (e.g. Maserati, Ferrari etc.) word to the wise, avoid buying the base model. Because, you will get what you pay for." This was primarily focused around the engine reliability and performance. Better quality, better product. I purchased the SQ4 a little while back, and I'm completely happy with my purchase. I previously owned a Mercedes C350 that was still going strong at 215,000 miles with nothing more than having to change a battery and normal routine maintenance. No one believes me when I say that, but that is the honest truth. However, I decided to purchase a Maserati and retire the old Mercedes. While I loved that car, I will say, there is nothing like owning a Maserati. From the sound it makes when you turn it on, to the 404 horsepower engine it has, to the comfort and style of the car. I get compliments daily. I'm a young licensed professional and (in my unqualified opinion) this car is a perfect marriage, of class with power. While there will always be a risk of purchasing a defective vehicle, a lot of the time, the reliability and performance of the vehicle, rests on the owner and their ability to take care of the car. Thanks to this car, I plan on purchasing the GranTourismo, prospectively. Hope this helps. P.S. Being a CPA, I might suggest researching any vehicle prior to purchase. Exotic vehicles are notorious for depreciating quickly in value during the early years (first year or two), but stabilizing in value after that. Just a word to the wise.

Not reliable

by AxelRod from Los Angeles Ca on March 1, 2018

Very disappointing. So many issues, very poor reliability, there were many electrical and electronic issues, found that if u don't start it for 4 days then battery drains and dies.

Does not recommend this car!!

The best sports sedan money can buy. If you are a

by pluto from sarasota on June 3, 2014

I am a car guy and I have driven and owned MB from E to S and SL as well as amg versions of E and S and SL. I also owned BMW from 330Ci to X5 from 1997 to now. I live in Sarasota Florida and every other car is either BMW or MB in this town. Since I want to own a unique and exciting car I researched Maserati Ghibli and take a chance on Italian automobile. I was frankly not sure I should buy this car since the residual may not be where should be after few months. I now leased 2014 Ghibli with full options. this car has incredible torque and oulls car to 140 to 150 without any efforts. I love this car. Nothing comes close this car from MB or BMW.

Got more attention than any car I've owned

by Bearsfan from Austin TX on May 15, 2017

Amazing car. Valets fight over who gets to park it. It handles great, looks great and sounds like it race ready.

Worst car I ever owned

by Former Ghibli owner from Tampa, Fl on August 7, 2016

I bought a preowned 2014 Ghibli SQ4 with original sticker of $92,000 which had 4000 miles on it. In the 5 months I owned it, it was in for problems 4 times including being towed one time because it would not start. Each time was a different problem. All under warranty but many problems. The power and styling are great but the handling and ride are terrible. Definitely not a luxury car ride. After driving it 2000 miles in 5 months, I traded it in and lost $15,000 because this vehicle was "red flagged " at the auction because the value was decreasing so rapidly. I have owned over 40 cars and my 2011 Hyundai with 75,000 is much more dependable with far less trouble-how sad. Maserati should be ashamed!

Does not recommend this car!!

Upgrade!

by jaycnyc from Newport Beach, CA on January 20, 2015

I recently upgraded from a mercedes C class to the Ghibli. My initial thought was to move towards the E class, the 5 series or the A6, but with Maserati becoming a viable option, I decided to give it a shot. I've had the car for exactly 4 days and I love everything about it. The looks, the sound, the compliments, the comfort. It's all there. Extremely happy with my choice. If you are looking for a car the doesn't just blend in with the crowd, this is an outstanding option.

Fast, comfortable,different

by Girth from Nj on September 11, 2014

Traded in a 07 Shelby gt on this car. The Maserati handles Every bit as good but rides much better and is much more comfortable.

Exactly what I expected

by David1982 from Tempe, AZ on April 30, 2018

I’ve watched all the review videos and heard all the complaints. Non of it mattered as non of it was things I would that would bother me for the cost. I’ve owned 1/2 million dollar cars and for the money saved on this (daily driver) I’m more than happy with my choice. It’s simple, elegant and an attention getter. Did I mention it is fast? It has the perfect amount of horsepower and gas consumption if and when I need it. No need to say more :)

1 2 3