2014 Ghibli

2014 Maserati Ghibli

2014 Maserati Ghibli

4.4

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2014 Maserati Ghibli?

The best car I have ever had. Brings a smile

by ah_perth on Tue Jan 30 2018

Achingly beautiful. The sound (in sports mode) is something to experience, not raucously loud, but keeps me young. I wanted a 6 cylinder, 4 door and something different. Stumbled across this. Yes there are some minor things (eg not "all the fruit" as you would get with a Merc), but (by way of example) if I am on cruise control and I have to tap the brakes, I simply reset the cruise at a later stage! No blind spot monitoring. Yes the cup holders are small, its hard to get a thumbdrive in the slot, the rear camera quality is just OK, but I didnt buy it for those things, .................its a drivers car! And yes the value of it drops like an anvil, but tell me a car that doesnt. I realise this Italian beauty may give me some grief at a later stage (nothing so far) , but I will enjoy it every day.

Loving it

by Momma on Thu Jun 07 2018

The car is a great family car ! The children all love it and it goes quick when I need it to . We love taking it on outings over the weekend

Good So Far

by jsosa from Los on Fri Apr 20 2018

So far the Ghibli has been a fun car to drive, def a head turner. Great Introduction car for the maserati line. Affordable and reliable so far.

Amazing Car

by No Name from Houston on Tue May 02 2017

I once knew a guy who was an engineer and spent his entire life as a total gear head. Years ago, he gave me a great piece of advice. He said "If you ever decide to buy an exotic sports car, that is pretty expensive (e.g. Maserati, Ferrari etc.) word to the wise, avoid buying the base model. Because, you will get what you pay for." This was primarily focused around the engine reliability and performance. Better quality, better product. I purchased the SQ4 a little while back, and I'm completely happy with my purchase. I previously owned a Mercedes C350 that was still going strong at 215,000 miles with nothing more than having to change a battery and normal routine maintenance. No one believes me when I say that, but that is the honest truth. However, I decided to purchase a Maserati and retire the old Mercedes. While I loved that car, I will say, there is nothing like owning a Maserati. From the sound it makes when you turn it on, to the 404 horsepower engine it has, to the comfort and style of the car. I get compliments daily. I'm a young licensed professional and (in my unqualified opinion) this car is a perfect marriage, of class with power. While there will always be a risk of purchasing a defective vehicle, a lot of the time, the reliability and performance of the vehicle, rests on the owner and their ability to take care of the car. Thanks to this car, I plan on purchasing the GranTourismo, prospectively. Hope this helps. P.S. Being a CPA, I might suggest researching any vehicle prior to purchase. Exotic vehicles are notorious for depreciating quickly in value during the early years (first year or two), but stabilizing in value after that. Just a word to the wise.

Not reliable

by AxelRod from Los Angeles Ca on Thu Mar 01 2018

Very disappointing. So many issues, very poor reliability, there were many electrical and electronic issues, found that if u don't start it for 4 days then battery drains and dies.

Does not recommend this car!!

Such a fun car to drive

by chrills from Dallas, TX on Fri Apr 13 2018

I was very worried about purchasing this car since lots of reviews were poor. I test drove it and it drives amazing! I now use this as an everyday car (kids to school and commute to work) and couldn't be happier with the styling. Give it a try before buying in to the negative reviews, you'll be happy you did.

Got more attention than any car I've owned

by Bearsfan from Austin TX on Mon May 15 2017

Amazing car. Valets fight over who gets to park it. It handles great, looks great and sounds like it race ready.

Exactly what I expected

by David1982 from Tempe, AZ on Mon Apr 30 2018

I’ve watched all the review videos and heard all the complaints. Non of it mattered as non of it was things I would that would bother me for the cost. I’ve owned 1/2 million dollar cars and for the money saved on this (daily driver) I’m more than happy with my choice. It’s simple, elegant and an attention getter. Did I mention it is fast? It has the perfect amount of horsepower and gas consumption if and when I need it. No need to say more :)

The best sports sedan money can buy. If you are a

by pluto from sarasota on Tue Jun 03 2014

I am a car guy and I have driven and owned MB from E to S and SL as well as amg versions of E and S and SL. I also owned BMW from 330Ci to X5 from 1997 to now. I live in Sarasota Florida and every other car is either BMW or MB in this town. Since I want to own a unique and exciting car I researched Maserati Ghibli and take a chance on Italian automobile. I was frankly not sure I should buy this car since the residual may not be where should be after few months. I now leased 2014 Ghibli with full options. this car has incredible torque and oulls car to 140 to 150 without any efforts. I love this car. Nothing comes close this car from MB or BMW.

Upgrade!

by jaycnyc from Newport Beach, CA on Tue Jan 20 2015

I recently upgraded from a mercedes C class to the Ghibli. My initial thought was to move towards the E class, the 5 series or the A6, but with Maserati becoming a viable option, I decided to give it a shot. I've had the car for exactly 4 days and I love everything about it. The looks, the sound, the compliments, the comfort. It's all there. Extremely happy with my choice. If you are looking for a car the doesn't just blend in with the crowd, this is an outstanding option.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Maserati Ghibli

A stylish alternative to established luxury sedans, the 2014 Maserati Ghibli relies on its brand cachet to try to make up for obvious parts-sharing and a lack of technology, and it's only mildly successful in doing so.

It's a historic name that comes with a special allure: Most Americans consider Maserati to be an exotic brand, a rare sight right up there with Ferrari or Lamborghini in terms of mystique. It's not an undeserved reputation, as past Maseratis have been exotics — Italian sports cars and sedans with pasts as celebrated as those other Italian exotic brands. But the new Maserati, part of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles brand pantheon, wants to capture some sales volume while maintaining that... Read More