2017 Levante

4.2

Have You Driven the 2017 Maserati Levante?

Great car

by Sam Zirk from Forest Hills New York on Wed Jan 10 2018

THE GOOD: I love the roar on this car, for people who want a quiet car, this is not it. Looks amazing. No frame door windows. Heated steering wheel is a great feature. Self starting is very convenient. Great handling. Very good in the snow. THE BAD: Can’t permanently shut off 'start and stop' feature. No seat cooling. Need to press accept on the screen every time you start the car, even Lexus corrected that. For calls, need to press the button to talk on cell every time entering the car, it should let you automatically, so annoying! Start button is on the left side, most people are right handed. CONCLUSION: Great car.

It’s a beautiful car

by IndyApril from Indianapolis, IN on Fri Jan 25 2019

I was looking for a small SUV with a lot of power and that would a joy to drive. I’ve had my Levante for a year now and I am very happy. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles but you buy a Maserati for the way it drives and not for things like lane assist and heads up display. I only have a few complaints. The computer system in terms of radio, display system, car play, etc. seems to still be glitchy even though I’ve taken it in for service, but it works perfectly 90% of the time. Before shifting to a higher gear around 65 mph there is a very slight shake. The service department spent a lot of time looking at this and thinks it might be the tires so I’m going to try a different set soon. The steering sometimes seems overly sensitive but that’s not really a bad thing. It just seems to pull slightly when on roads that are sloaped towards the edge. But overall, the HP and the torque are exactly what I was looking for, note: I got the SQ4. The way it sounds is amazing and it handles curves very well for being a heavy SUV. The different drive modes - sport 1, sport 2, and ICE - are great to have. I love that it’s RWD but has the limited slip differential so it still handles well in bad weather. Even though it’s a twin turbo I rarely feel the turbo lag, and the automatically adjusting air suspension is also pretty cool. And did I mention it’s SO pretty. I also considered the Porsche Cayenne and the Jag F-Pace, but neither is as beautiful as the Levante and the F-Page lacked the power I wanted. The high end Cayenne does have more power and torque but the Levante is very comparable to the Cayenne S and prices similarly. And I’m sorry but the Cayenne is simply ugly compared to the Levante.

by Sam - MaseratiBoi from Stratford, Connecticut on Sun Jun 17 2018

Having previously owned two Maserati Quattroporte’s in the past, I was completely against the idea of Maserati building an SUV. However, my local dealership gave me one as a loaner car during a service visit and everything changed. I truly fell in love with the style, utility, passion and performance of the Levante. I ended up buying a lightly used CPO Levante S; White with Red interior and carbon fiber trim. This car sounds amazing, handles like a sport sedan and still manages to haul all my stuff on a rod trip! No regrets at all on my purchase and now with 33,900 miles on the odometer, everything is working flawlessly! Don’t pass this vehicle up, it will reward you in ways you can’t imagine.

Maserati Levante- Best SUV value luxury

by Joshihotels from Allentown, PA on Thu May 16 2019

Beautifully decorated car, best navigation touchscreen and Driver Knob controls. This car is years ahead of all luxury vehicles. Exterior is Italian Grigio and interior is luxury Roja Red. Interior seats are an expensive leather. V6 engine, all power controls, cruise control with driver assist Safety features such as lane sensors, accident prevention which will maintain a distance from the car in front of you as well as automatically stop in case You forget to press the brakes. Exceptional car and great value. Driven by single owner who is commute to work and back

Best value best car

by Jvn7276 from Allentown, pa on Sat May 25 2019

One of the best cars I have ever driven. It is a very practical,Modern, high tech, powerful, spacious, sporty. A luxurious car with luxurious Features at a very good price.

Beauty with flaws

by JustAVeryFastNissan on Thu Mar 08 2018

Got the car because it's more unique than an x5 and cayenne. After about 4 months, there were fuse problems. It almost cost me my life because the car shut off on the freeway due to a problem with the fuse. Then I had problems with the ABS, tractions control being disabled, and parking brake not disengaging twice. The car is still at the dealership for air suspension malfunctions. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone until the qualities of the car get better.

Does not recommend this car!!

Family man who loves driving

by DeeBee from Los Angeles on Sat May 12 2018

After trading my Jag XFR, I wanted a performance car, but my wife demanded an SUV, so I test drove the Cayenne S, Macan GTS, Range Rover Sport and X4 M. I didn't even consider the Levante as the reviews looked lukewarm and I really didn't like the Ghibli. I then saw the review for the SQ4 which was much better than the reviews that were online for the diesel (UK reviews which were horrible) and the base petrol models. As soon as you put this car in Sport + mode, all sanity goes out the window. The handling, speed and connectivity is just so, so good, and the exhaust note just takes you over the top. I honestly prefer driving this car than I did my amazing Jag. Don't get me wrong, my second favorite was the Macan GTS - one hell of a car and the handling is amazing, but here's the thing, the Levante SQ4 has so much spirit and soul and yes, you do feel like you're driving a Ferrari (as that's who made the engine), and you don't see 20 of them every time you leave the house. Sure there are faults with it - it's Italian, but if you love driving and want road connectivity and a true drivers SUV then it's really, really great. The thing drinks fuel like crazy, and there are a few buttons that I wish were higher quality, but the interior looks special (I have brown/black interior with piano black finish) and it's just beautiful to my eyes. One thing I found is that it's classed as an exotic with most insurance companies. I went from a 510hp car (the Jag) and my insurance increased by $2000 a year. Bare that in mind. If you're in the market, I suggest the SQ4 above the base, and if you love driving, ignore the naysayers; this car is laugh-out-loud fun, absolutely thrilling and beautiful inside and out. Some people just don't get that a Maserati is an emotional choice, not an on paper one. On paper, get the Cayenne I guess, but for the real world and for real thrills and for taking the road less travelled, get the Levante S.

I love my Levante

by helsbels from New York on Thu May 17 2018

I have owned a Mercedes M550, Mercedes e400 (last car) but wanted an SUV again because I missed the space. I love my Maserati so much. Everything about it is amazing. Real head-turner fast and takes corners better than my e400 did and accelerates faster too! Beautiful interior and super comfortable. Has every bit of tech I need (as good as my well equipt merc) and a legendary brand. I test drove a BMW X5 which I also liked, just isn't a Maserati. I've now had the car for 5 months with no issues at all.

best car I have ever driven

by TOM from Milwaukee, Wi on Fri Aug 04 2017

Not only did it have the usability of a SUV but also the speed of a sports car. Thanks to its Ferrari engine this SUV is as sporty as they come! The adjustable suspension made for a smooth yet sporty ride and the exhaust note made you think you were in a Ferrari. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for something fun and useable for even a family.

Good car, but brake pads quality sucks!!!!

by Shaan from Anaheim, California on Thu Jan 24 2019

I leased this car in Jan 2018 and within a year had to change brake pads which costed $1400 just for the rear tires. I was told that I need to change the brake pads again in 1 year for both front and rear. So you will end up paying $6000 just for the brake pads. Also the tires are not cheap, each will cost you $400. Have to change them at least once in 3 years.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2