1996 Mazda 626

really great car to have

by from lancaster, pa on November 3, 2009

I have the 626 with the 2.0L motor with the 5 speed trans its the best car I owned out of 3 other different cars. This car is fun to drive great power very comfortable handleing is amazing. Do not buy one with the automatic trans they dont last long because well its made by ford the manaul trans is all mazda. i had no problems at all with this car i drive it everywhere.

Great Reliable Car

by from on June 30, 2013

I got this car as a graduation present. It runs like a dream with routine maintenance. It's comfortable and the interior is roomy. The 4 cylinder engine helps to keep fuel costs low.

Just a bad thing to own

by from Los Angeles, CA on January 10, 2007

The car is worthless. It will cause nothing but trouble. The biggest fault in the car is the transmission. For some odd idea, Ford sticks a Ford transmission with a Mazda engine. Outcome of this, transmission overheats!!. You'll end up driving the car for about 30 miles then the Overdrive light will start blinking, causing the car to change gears roughly. You'll soon find that this is a costly repair because Mazda can not fix this problem and only suggests to buy a new transmission at $2,700, just for the parts. AND THIS PROBLEM IS NOT CONSIDERED A DEFECT. If you like wasting money, then this car is for you. Search the internet regarding this problem and you will see many complaints.

I got what i payed for

by from Mid-Kansas on January 12, 2007

I purchased this vehicle for less than $2500, it semmed like a fair idea. The car had one previous owner and I bought the car from that owner. Within six months of the purchase I replaced the battery twice, distributer and wires, alternater, and headlight relay switch. I have totalled more $3500 plus the price of the vehicle in just getting the thing to run well. So as for this car I would not ever recommend this to a friend or even foe for that matter.

Our Expert Review: 1996 Mazda 626