2016 CX-3

4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Love my new Mazda CX-3

by Steven_Chicago from Chicago on November 4, 2015

I had a 2016 Acura that had a defect that could not get fixed so I decided to trade the car in. I saw the Mazda CX-3 on the road and fell in love with the styling. I did some research, test drove the car and purchased a GT AWD in Soul Red with Almond Leather Seats. This little CUV has great acceleration, good fuel economy and is really fun to drive. Smooth Transmission, very good ride with little road noise, and it turns on a dime. I was disappointed that you can not get a power seat, however I have not missed it. The infotainment system is easy to use and the Bose sound system is great! There is not an on-off button for the sound system so you have to press a mute button or pause. So when you start up the car the radio is always on unless you press mute. I am use to it now. I have owned 2 other Mazdas and they build great cars. The CX-3 is a great design and I would recommend test driving. I test drove an HR-V and it was very nov\ce looking, but it is boring to drive.

Perfect, except for the armrest.

by Someguy from Colorado on May 16, 2016

I very much like this car. It has everything I was looking for in a car for an affordable price. But It does have one big problem, the armrest in the door is terrible. It is very narrow compared to the armrest in other cars. It feels like I have no armrest to put my arm on when I am driving. I bought the sport version with out the center armrest. I would still recommend this car, but I would advise you to get the version that has the center armrest or it will feel like you have no armrest at all.

Great little car

by Why from Minneapolis on February 18, 2016

Originally I looked passed the CX-3 because I thought it didn't have enough power. After the salesman had me test drive one I was happily surprised at how peppy it felt. This car is so fun to drive. The handling is fantastic like a little go cart. I live in Minneapolis and had a great opportunity to try it out in the snow. The all wheel drive is amazing. I was able to plow though 6 inches of snow up steep hills with no problem.

Love my CX-3.

by Archie from South Florida on January 19, 2016

I bought a CX-5 in early 2015 and loved the vehicle. I saw the CX-3 and just had to have one. I purchased a Grand Touring model, Ceramic Metallic with the Parchment leather interior. Being it is a GT model, I get the moonroof, Bose sound system, navigation, automatic climate control, leather interior and other niceties. It is much smaller than the CX-5, but I don't need a lot of hauling/people space. The styling is gorgeous, inside and out. It is so much more fun to drive than the CX-5 and I actually enjoy driving for a change. Being it is the GT model, I have the Sport mode with paddle shifters that allows you to change gears as you would in a manual-transmission car. I am totally in love with this car and am so glad that I bought it, even though I lost a lot of money trading in a relatively new car.

Handling, fun to drive

by boomer from Billings on March 8, 2017

Bought this in April of 2016 and wanted to do some winter driving before I made any comments. I love this car compared to my wife's Impreza. Sure, hers is a Sube and they have been around forever, but this CX-3 is fun to drive, not boring like her Sube and sits out in a parking lot among the others. I have the ceramic silver touring version and may go with the Grand Touring. I don't like the screen that juts up in the middle, hence the 4-star interior rating. It handles well on snow even with the factory tires. Corners well -- flip the switch for "sport" mode and impress the younger kids!!

Our 4th and best Mazda

by Jack and T from Rehoboth Beach, Delaware on October 11, 2015

It's amazing how Mazda has excelled in every aspect of new car design and performance in the last several years. Our CX-3 has all the appointments to make our driving experience comfortable and fantastic.

Loving my new CX3

by Mizzsogreen from Auburn, WA on June 3, 2017

I spent several months researching compact SUVs and had my choices narrowed down to 4 cars. I stumbled upon this gem when I went to test drive the Mazda 3 hatchback (not an SUV, I know). I took it for a test drive and was sold. All other models paled in comparison, when you weighed options, styling and price. I chose the Touring AWD model with the premium package. It has all the bells and whistles at a very reasonable price point. The exterior design is stylish and the interior feels luxurious. The car is fun to drive. My only complaint is the placement of the cup holders and the armrest feels a but flimsy. All in all I'm very happy with my choice.

Feels like a sports car

by young grandmother from MA on July 26, 2016

Always wanted a sports car.....never in the budget. The Mazda 3 feels sporty and drives like a sports car. It has all the bells and whistles that I wanted. It is 1 1/2 weeks old and so far I love it.

Love the look...lots of car for the money

by NitaJean from Las Cruces, NM on June 22, 2017

I had a Jeep Renegade that was totaled. I didn't like the gas mileage on the Jeep so I decided to go with the Mazda CX3 because I really like the styling. I bought a demo with onlly 6,000 miles and got a great buy! I have been very happy with the gas mileage in comparison to the Jeep. Plus this car is nicely appointed for a very good price and drives nicely. I thought it would be too tight in the load area, but I really have not had a problem. I am very happy with hit - but have only owned it for a month.

My First Car

by Dorian Gray from Chicago, IL on June 14, 2017

This is an ideal car that compliments my size and my taste. It has a lot of quality features that meet my expectations and curves that I admire. There are some details that bother's me. My sunglasses don't fit in the sunglasses compartment. The armrest annoyingly squeaks, it's uncomfortable and I find it to be a waste of space. I don't have a place for my small purse to keep near and hidden. After some time in the car, it would be helpful for a car that size to have a comfortable armrest that is also storage space that can slide over the cup holders when not in use. The wrist rest I don't use because it's too low regardless if my arm is resting on the armrest or not... my wrist never touches it.

1 2 3 4