NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 CX-5

2019 Mazda CX-5

2019 Mazda CX-5

Have You Driven the 2019 Mazda CX-5?

A Very Pleasant Vehicle

by James from Nashville on Tue Jan 08 2019

After renting two CX-5s from National Car rental at airports, I bought a 2019 Grand Touring with the GT Premium Package. This package has power fold mirrors and a heads up display. It is worth the money. The CX-5 is very quiet on the highway. However, the 4 cylinder is not as quiet when starting from a stop around town. I had a V6 Honda Accord before this crossover. That is probably why I notice the 4 cylinder sound. Other than that, my CX-5 is better than the sedan by far! I have also rented new RAV4s and Nissan Rogues. The CX-5 drives better all around and has better styling. No buyers remorse here!!

Smooth ride, love to own it

by Ash from Richmond on Thu Dec 27 2018

Stable, does not shake, nice hand stitching interior. From performance, technology and safety was great. Reliability. When I drive it, I feel like I was driving a luxury vehicle. Even better than driving a SQ5. Seems like driving a bigger engine of the X5. Love the steady ride

An upgrade to my old car

by NewtoMazda from Sacramento, CA on Wed Jan 23 2019

I had my old car for quite some time. I knew it was time to look for a dependable and stylish car that will fit my needs. I am a slightly active person. I like going to outdoors adventures, so I needed an AWD. Mazda CX-5 offered much more than I originally wanted. I am happy with the updated technology and the luxury feel. The only downside is the MPG. After owning it close to a month now, I resented the low MPG. But that is due to the AWD drivetrain and turbo engine. So I can't complain. Totally in love with my new car.

4th Mazda I have owned

by Blue CX5 from Braidwood, IL on Wed Feb 20 2019

I love my car. It has ample cargo room. It is easy for my elderly parents to get in and out of and roomy for 2 grand-baby car seats. Great pickup; maneuvers great.

Great handling and power with turbo engine

by Marcus216 from Cleveland, Ohio on Fri Apr 05 2019

Mazda CX5 Grand Touring Reserve. Car is fun to drive, tons of power. It gets decent gas mileage. I am getting about 23 - 24 mpg in 75% city driving. Interior is excellent. Great BOSE stereo. Soft leather, good ergonomics. Back seat is a bit tight and putting a reverse facing child seat back there forces the front seat to have to move so far up that it is uncomfortable to sit in. That is a flaw. My only other complaint is that the gas tank is only about 15 gallons. Should be at least 18 gallons. Have to fill up more frequently than I would like.

Compelling, excellent small SUV

by Mike C from Chicago IL on Sat Apr 13 2019

I’ve been driving a CX5 signature for 3 weeks now, and overall, very pleased with my purchase. Long time Honda man, previously owned a Civic, CRV, and Accord. Traded in a 2015 Accord because I really missed the driving position, space, and practicality of an SUV. The interior of this vehicle is gorgeous for the price. I’ve heard a few people griping about seat comfort. I have a a terrible back, and after some intital seat adjustments, I find the seats to be totally comfortable and supportive- with the Accord, I had to have a 1/4 inch of padding added to the front seat, as it was driving my back crazy. Pluses- This is the best handling vehicle I’ve ever owned, bar none. The steering precision is just perfect. Infotainment is good overall, not as bad as some make it out to be. My only gripe is that it’s slow to boot up, but once it’s “warmed up”, it works very well. Bose speakers are also a big upgrade for me. Minuses- Not many, but a couple. My biggest issue is that sometimes when I release the brake from a stopped position, the car judders a little bit before catching itself. Minor judder, but noticeable. Other issue is that I feel it’s a little laggy when accelerating at slower speeds (<20mph). Once it gets going though, the turbo accelerates nicely. However, I believe this issue has been mitigated since I’ve started feeding it higher octane gasoline (or maybe I’m just starting to break the engine in).

CX-5: Best handling mid-size SUV for the money

by ChrisW from Middletown CT on Sat Feb 16 2019

The CX-5 isn’t the most powerful SUV in it’s class, but it’s the most fun to drive, bar none. It’s big enough for everyday, quick, and loaded with electronic goodies. Highly recommended!

Very satisfied with my chose

by Chrissy187 from Charlotte, NC on Tue Jan 15 2019

This vehicle meant all my needs. It has extra room in the back for my friend and family. And it great on gas. I would recommend vehicle for purchase or even as an rental.

Grand Touring Model

by PDXLEO from Portland, OR. on Tue Jul 09 2019

I LOVE this crossover! There are some things that it does that just make me smile. Heads up display is so nice. You can "customize" your dashboard display, push button start, power lift gate, power seats, power moon roof, heated seats and steering wheel, my iPhone connects to the display screen, lane assist, adaptive cruise control/ brake assist and my 2 favorite things: the side mirrors close inward when you walk away & ventilated seats (think air conditioning for your butt..... really wonderful ..... lol). Seats are comfortable, drives/handles well, everything at your fingertips. Now, I do wish it had more towing capacity and had I gotten the turbo it would have. My mileage around has been good, about 25mpg. I took a trip up to Mt. Hood and back and averaged 28.4. Needles to say I'm happy about that. The biggest plus is that my Black Lab loves it as well, lots of room for him!

Mazda is moving on up

by MadMariner from Baltimore, MD on Thu May 16 2019

I traded a Mercedes GLC300 for the 2019 CX-5 and, honestly, this feels like an upgrade, although the Mazda is priced almost $20K below the Benz. The interior is better, sound system just as good, and technology is superior. Also much more entertaining to drive (I have the GTR, which has the turbo engine, although I drove the GT and it was pretty well powered). Thrilled with the Mazda and really happy with the upscale direction they are taking with he product.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12