2019 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

side view of 2019 CX-5 Mazda
Explore the 2019 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2019 Mazda CX-5

More than I expected, reliable

This model has so many upgrades; all wheel drive, Bose speakers, power, heated seats, truck remote, sleek style, drive assist, spacious, back seat leg room and comfortable

Excellent car

I purchased a 2019 CX5 GTR with all options from Mazda and from Dealerahip. The 2.5T and AWD is an excellent and reliable drievtrain. Also got an extended warranty (full covg 7 yrs, 100k mi) and interior warranty (5 yrs), and another weather and paintless debt repair warranty (5 yrs). I've had no mechanical issues with it, and the only problem so far was a radio glitch where the radio didn't come on properly when starting up. Restarted the car and worked fine. No other problems. 2 years used it looks better than the new CX5s on the lot. With the interior warranty I get a professional detail once a year that keeps the white leather looking fresh. I've used the paintless debt repair warranty to take out door dings a few times. My only complaint is when the tires wear out, then the steering gets a little heavy in parking lots. Change tires at the dealer recommended intervals, makes a big difference. I have 30,000 miles on the car now and am confident this car will last a long time. Also, find a dealer that will work with you. This GTR trim I've added front parking sensors, backup beeper cutoff for trailer, 360 deg camera, and LED interior lights all at dealer. These only come on sig trim but u can have the white interior with all those features if u want. Cheers.

Safe and Reliable Small SUV for Teen and Family

This car is a Best Safety Pick by Consumer Reports and IIHS. With a new teen driver in our family, safety features were the most important factor in our used car search. Safety features were standard. But we consider an added bonus the smooth ride, as well as overall interior and exterior appearance of the CX-5. Nice audio system, weather package, and HUD option as well.

3.6

Factory defect

I’ve had my cx5 shy two years , two weeks ago I had a massive oil leak, had to be towed to the dealer, happen to be a cracked cylinder head!!!!! Apparently a factory defect, needless to say after my lease is up I’m done my trust is gone

Smooth ride, great features and accessibility

Used to drive Honda vehicles. This is my first Mazda, honestly won’t go back! The CX-5 is a great family car and car for commuting, but I still feel like it looks beautiful and rides like a dream.

One of the most reliable cars I’ve owned

Car met all my needs. I’m tall -it’s roomy and spacious. I like the seats also-very comfortable for my back. It’s reliable, good design, sounds system is very nice.

Excellent car, even if it cost more.

I have owned this car for a year, buying it in Feb of 2020. The list of Pros is long as many other people have mentioned, including excellent performance and handling, very nice appointments on the interior and great exterior styling. I have the Signature trim level and it was worth it. The car feels very solid, the doors shut with a comforting "thud", and the cabin noise if very muted. It has the solid construction feel of a Lexus/Mercedes mid-level car. The engine is amazing! 250hp (with premium, which is all I put in it) and 310 ft/lbs of torque. Plenty of power to go around. And it handles very nicely, as Mazda is renowned for. 6 miles of my daily commute is a winding two-lane road with little traffic.... :) !!! It feels glued to the track, with highly responsive steering, a very tight suspension. Very little roll or sway, almost completely undetectable. And the acceleration is exceptional, especially in Sport Mode. Couple of negatives I have: 1) the narrowness of the front seats. I am a big guy with a fairly wide stance and the front bucket seats can get a little uncomfortable after a couple of hours. They are getting less so, though, as the seats get some wear. However, everyone else in my family who has driven it or ridden in the front loves it; 2) the infotainment system needs an update. It is sometimes very slow to connect to my phone even after I was the last phone to connect and the whole system takes too long to become interactive (it boots slowly). Hopefully there is a fix coming for that before too long; 3) weirdly, the driver's left foot rest is carpeted instead of a metal or rubber rest.

Mazda does it right

Previously owned 2012 Honda accord would say Mazda wins on Styling and equals on reliability. I do prefer Mazda transmissions over CVT used on my past Nissan/Hondas.

4.3

Decent so far.

nice, comfy, roomy. nice so far, but it's only been 6k miles. gas mileage is good and the stereo is premium quality. I like it.

Most beautiful vehicle I have ever owned

I’m completely in love with my Mazda! It has every option you could want, love it, it holds the road excellent, comfortable, good mileage, I’m happy I stopped in to “look”