2012 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

side view of 2012 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2012 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2012 Mazda CX-9

A very reliable car.

Car meets all my needs, plenty of room for family. Presently I have no need for such a large vehicle. Great car all around. No dents or rust.

Beautiful, Reliable, Comfortable

Beautiful body styling. Sleek lines and swept-back looking. Reliable, though I have not had it too long, so far it has been a trustworthy vehicle. Comfortable with leather seats, third-row seating and plenty of cargo space. There is a Nav System, charging ports on the dash and in the console. Air Conditioning, with vents to the second-row seats. Moon roof, heated seats, bluetooth enabled and 18" wheels. The colour is a beautiful white with the interior sand colour. Just such a nice car.

Great car but one fatal flaw

No one talks about the one flaw inherent to this vehicle and all other cars that have the Ford Duratec engine. It's the internal water pump. When the water pump goes out, and it will go out sometime, it may take the whole engine with it and it will cost from $2,000.00 to $10,000 to fix. Not to mention leaving you stranded wherever it goes out. Therefore, I can't depend on it. I take my reliable Camry on long trips. I realize most owners, and thus reviewers, are just ignorant of this design flaw, but I wish, at least, the so-called experts would point this issue out in their "expert reports". What kind of expert fails to tell you something as important as this? I am looking to sell this car and may buy another Mazda, but it will NOT have this Ford engine.

4.1

Great Vehicle

I bought my Mazda CX-9 used in 2015. Needed something that I could transport 3 grandkids (2 in car seats) in safely and reliably. The 3rd row seats are only suitable for kids or a very small adult. Also, there is a lot of wind noise around windows (cabin noise). Those are the only negative things i can say about this vehicle. First of all I like the way it looks and I like the way it handles. When I travel on the interstate I want a vehicle that will accelerate quickly if needed and this Mazda does the trick. So far no mechanical problems...just oil changes and a new battery. This has been a very reliable vehicle so far and I couldn't be happier.

Love this car.

This car was it as soon as I test drive it I knew that this was the best car I have ever owned. It came with seat warmers, phone hookups, leather interior, and the list goes on.

Honda

Great, so far! SUV yet sporty and fun to drive. Love the third row and still room for storage! Bose sound system, back seat air conditioning controls, sun roof, remote start, AWD👍🏼👍🏼 It’s does like gas though - that’s the only con.

nice SUV

Purchased this Mazda CX-9 used it has more style and comfort than expected, plenty of room, nice ride, many amenities heated front seats dual zone temperature control with rear heat and air 3rd row seating that folds flat for extra cargo. with 83,000 miles on the odometer it rides and handles like new.

2.9

Severely disappointed

Severely disappointed car has 118,000 looks brand new. The 6th piston is bad which means the engine has to be rebuilt to repair. WOW is all I can say. I will NEVER buy a MAZDA again. This is my first Mazda I will go back to Toyota.

Maintain it well

great car til 105,000 miles. timing chain stretched due to variable valve timing actuators going out cost 2,500 a week later transfer case went out due to a design flaw. more frequent oil change might avoid vvt going out. have the transfer case fluid changed at 30,000 miles ( Mazda says it is good for the life of the car but design flaw causes fluid to go bad VERY quickly.

Big family, big cargo sports crossover

Bought it for the business, kept it for the family. Zero problems. Many comfort features. Great on rain and snow with AWD.al clear bluetooth system.