Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 CX-9

2015 Mazda CX-9

2015 Mazda CX-9

Have You Driven the 2015 Mazda CX-9?

The most fun 3-row SUV to drive

by Veteran Mazda Owner from Pacific Northwest on Sun Jun 04 2017

Deceptively good interior cargo room, easy drive, stylish, and more. This vehicle compares to the Highlander, Pilot, and and Pathfinder; they do not compare. The only other SUV that we seriously considered with the Acura MDX, a fantastic car; you just don't get as much at the same price point. We've owned two GT CX-9s, and are about to buy another CX-9 with the new style at the Signature trim.

Fantastic vehicle

by Phil from Boise on Wed Feb 14 2018

We've had two of these cx9's by Mazda. Unfortunately we were hit by someone in our 1st one and had to go get another. We did not want a different model so we ended up getting the same one because we liked it so much. I can say even though insurance totaled it that it protected us well when we were hit by someone going over 40mph and walked away including our two children. We feel safe driving it and it has been highly reliable so far.

Best Large Family Car Overall

by croach1701 from Greenville, SC on Mon Jul 23 2018

This was by far the best car I have ever had. The size is great, we have three kids all 5' and taller, with our oldest closing in on 6' and he still has room in the back middle seat. It is rough for him in the third row, but there is so much space in the rows in the middle that it's not bad at all. The seats are comfortable even being leather. Car has fantastic pickup, great turn handling, braking, etc. It fits all of us perfectly and we have great trunk space even with the third row seating up. Absolutely zero issues yet, nothing we've had to do except oil changes. Overall I rate this car a 9/10. And it's only a 9 because the third row doesn't have any AC vents, but the whole car cools off quickly, even in the hot South Carolina summer.

Great car

by Lucho from Fl on Sun Sep 10 2017

Its what i was looking have everything i need, nice leather, sunroof, navi, bluetooth perfet low miles

CX9

by Luv Mazda from Dallas, TX on Fri Mar 13 2015

Purchased 2014 CX9 Grand Touring. Yes, this model has been around for a while but you can't beat the value of the CX9 in reliability, styling, and most of all the handling. It's easy to forget this is a full size crossover when driving it since it is so nimble and taut suspension. Gas mileage could be better as it averages about 19 MPG city and highway. A 8 speed transmission with better gearing could possibly improve mileage. Too bad they gave up the relationship with Ford because the V6 Ecoboost would be awesome in the CX9.

so happy with purchase

by JennyC from Louisville, KY on Thu Jun 14 2018

It met all of my "requirements" plus some. I love how smart it is! It won't let me lock the keys inside. Or the mirror lights that show me when i car is next to me but also makes a noise if my turn signal is on! AMAZING! I'm still excited to drive it everyday even after making the first payment!

best car ever

by mazda lover from spokane, wa on Sat Sep 12 2015

It is a thrill to drive! Third row seating is convenient and comfortable! I highly recommend for a family car.

CX-9 my new toy.

by Mayita66 from Wayne, NJ on Wed Oct 28 2015

Omar Alkhalaf was smart, patient and sharp to help us find the right car for our needs. And the best of all was that he managed so well the time we spent at the dealer. As a conclusion, short time, right product and the price we were expecting to pay. Thank you so much.

Love my fully loaded CX-9 except for...

by ControlFreak from Texas on Sat Jul 07 2018

Love this vehicle. Great for running errands around the city or long distant travel. Lots of room inside, passengers ride in comfort. Rear air conditioning is a necessity in Texas (controls in both front and second seating areas. Third row does not have its own control or vent but is not a problem. Great exceleration- very useful when passing on two lane country roads. Only two negatives I?ve experienced are 1. the outside rear view mirrors leave ?blind? spots where I can loose sight of a person walking or riding a bike. The mirrors are attached to the windows instead of the frame. The windows are ?blacked out? with plastic molding on the exterior and interior corners. I noticed this issue has been removed on the newer models. 2. I am only 5?2? tall, when stepping up into the drivers seat is a little bit of a stretch since I have the seat adjusted to a higher setting than taller drivers. It?s only an issue if my back is bothering me. Get this vehicle fully loaded as it is an affordable luxury vehicle. I drive a GrandTouring AWD, towing package (I changed out the hitch to a larger one so I can transport 4+ bicycles or pull a jet ski) leather, power lift gate (which works with remote- nice to have when it?s raining and you are running to your car to load groceries), heated seats (to keep your take out food warm or to heat your own buns) and add remote start (so wonderful in HOT or cold temperatures). This is my second CX-9 the 2015 has less wind noise than the 2011.

A car-like SUV

by TT1999 from Atlanta, GA on Sun Nov 26 2017

A 7-passenger SUV driving like a car; the third row is much more practical than most competitors in the market.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2015 Mazda CX-9

The 2015 Mazda CX-9 is a goodie but an oldie, and increasingly its problems — from recent crash tests to uncompetitive gas mileage — may be too much to overlook for family shoppers.

It pains me to advise against the seven-seat Mazda CX-9, which has been one of our favorite three-row body-type SUVs over the past decade. But that time frame says it all: For 2015, the CX-9 enters an ancient ninth model year in its current form.

With front- or all-wheel drive, the CX-9 comes in Sport, Touring and Grand Touring trims. Click here to compare them and here to stack up the 2015 and 2014 Mazda CX-9. Changes for the 2015 model year are minimal. We tested an AWD CX-9 Grand Touring.

Exterior... Read More