NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 Mazda2

2012 Mazda Mazda2

2012 Mazda Mazda2

Have You Driven the 2012 Mazda Mazda2?

I'm in love with this car!

by Blue berry owner from Massachusetts on Tue Dec 11 2012

This car is unbelievable, when you sit inside you'd swear you were in a bigger car. Even the back seat is comfortable. I'm in love with having a car that gets great gas mileage. I can go where I want to without counting every penny. We are only the two of us now and we can go travel and explore. the back folds down and we can fit all our gear. The hatch back is the best, allows access to the entire back. Not to mention just how darn cute it is.... Just love the style...

I absolutely love my Mazda 2.

by Rachelrhea1977 from Cleveland, TN on Mon May 08 2017

I bought this car used. I went to the dealership and after the salesman showed me some pricey cars, I asked what was the cheapest thing on the lot. He took me to my new car; it was a black 2012 Mazda 2. I loved it. It was 4 door, just what I needed. It was good on gas...actually, I come to find out, it gets awesome gas mileage. It is a compact car, but perfect for my 3 person family. I am very short, and this car adjusts to me comfortably. I love this car and would buy another.

Great Small Car

by Murphy in Texas from Longview, Texas on Thu Aug 08 2013

I have enjoyed this car more than any I've had in a long time. I have the Automatic Transmission package, and have not found anything to not like. Took it to metroplex seveal times without any discrepancy. Had people stop me and ask about it. It's bright red and people Love it. Even my 6'1" son rides in the back without too much griping. On the road it gets about 35mpg, in town about 28mpg. I love the way it handles in all kind of driving situations.

Good Driving Around Car.

by ruskidadoi from Chicago, IL on Thu Aug 08 2013

Purchased car a year ago to replace older minivan. This is my first Mazda. Decent gas milage for city driving (which is mostly what I do). I can drive the same distance on half the gas I was using in my old car. Currently getting 32 MPG city. Interior is pretty comfortable for me and one of my kids. I do wish it had a 5 speed automatic transmission. Highway driving at over 65 the engine is a bit noisy. So far the car has performed as expected. I have only had it in for repair once since purchasing. Cannot say that about any other new car I have owned.

A great car for the money.

by MariVee from Washington, D.C. on Sat Jul 01 2017

This is a great car if you're looking for basic, reliable transportation. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but if you don't have much money and you need a car you can rely on that's fun to drive and gets good gas mileage, this is it.

Reliable and low cost motoring

by Jon from Wheaton, MD on Thu Mar 22 2018

This car compares very favorably with all the others in its class in comfort, fuel efficiency, performance and reliability. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Litte Car that Can

by Mazda2 from KCKS on Tue Aug 21 2018

The 100hp engine moves this lite and nimble car in a way that feels sportier than one would expect. The steering is precise. The 5 speed manual is crisp and not too long or short in any gear, although cruising at 70mph has the rpm's topping 3000. Cabin noise is not as hushed as a luxury car, but good for the car's size. I have the sport model, so there are no steering wheel controls, no cruise control and no blue tooth. Very basic yet does not feel cheap. The oil filter, spark plugs, serpentine belt...everything is easy to get to for the person that likes to do their own maintenance. And the car has a timing chain. I have a feeling this car will last much longer than I want to keep it. Thank you Mazda.

Most Reliable Car I Have Ever Owned

by Virgil from Bahama, NC on Sun Dec 17 2017

This car met all of my needs which included superior gas mileage, compact size, reliability and an exceptional price point.

Most Enjoyable Car I've Owned

by Mazda2 Fan from Lexington, KY on Wed Jan 04 2012

I was looking to trade in my gas-thirsty Honda CR-V for a more fuel efficient car. I test drove the Nissan Versa, Toyota Corrolla, Hyuandai Accent, The Chevy Cruze and Sonic, and the Toyota Yaris. I was not impressed with any of those. I decided to test drive a 2012 Mazda2 and I am glad I did. WOW!!!! It handles like a sports car. The seats are extremely comfortable, there is plenty of room for a family of four and our associated softball equipment. The stereo rocks and I love the radio controls on the steering wheel. And the best part, 37 MPG combined HWY/City. This is without a doubt the most enjoyable car I have ever owned. Get the 5 speed manual, it is a blast to drive.

Great Value

by Mazda2Guy from Washington, D.C. on Mon May 07 2012

Very good fuel economy-about $32 to fill up at $3.89/gal. Roomy and comfortable interior. Fairly quiet, except on grooved roads where tires sound like a horde of locusts. Smooth highway ride, but, takes highway bumps harshly with stock tires (which I plan to switch-they don't corner very well either). Hatch is very light (as is whole car at 2,300 lbs), and easy to open/close. Hatchback area large enough, with seats folded down, to haul 95% of lawn and grocery stuff. Buy the: (1) $159 armrest (cheap Mazda should include as stock) which is impossible to properly install yourself, and; (2) $59 rear bumper guard-great looking & cheap scratch protection. Great all-around visibility, and fit of exterior parts. After bargaining, I saved between $3,000-$5,000 buying new versus all other new comparables in class (Civic, Fit, Yaris, Hyundail, weird iQ). My 3d new Mazda (two previous Rx-7/8's). Looks and overall value are excellent-a 10.

1 2