2013 Mazda Mazda 2

It is a good car it's not good in winter.

by from Wethersfield CT on September 9, 2017

The car runs perfectly and it is a good car for summer, fall, spring. It is very good for transporting family. It is still very comfortable even though the seats aren't leather.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

nice affordable city car

by from los angeles, ca on August 18, 2017

handling is good for a budget car. mileage is great, average 32mpg in most city bumper to bumper driving (38mpg when I'm on the freeway). interior is nice. buttons for radio and a/c are easy to opera...
handling is good for a budget car. mileage is great, average 32mpg in most city bumper to bumper driving (38mpg when I'm on the freeway). interior is nice. buttons for radio and a/c are easy to operate.

Good car but air con has stopped working.

by from Isle of man on July 16, 2017

Has every quality expected in a small car but useless in this heat with failed air conditioning. No sign of parts for repair and it is the second time in 18 months

Good and reliable compact car

by from Collinsville, Va. on July 13, 2017

Car handles exceptionally well. Driver and passenger have ample room, passengers not so much. Car is reliable and gets great gas mileage. Car has stylish looks and is a pleasure to drive.

Love my little Mazda2!

by from PALM SPRINGS on July 12, 2017

Although the Mazda2 may appear to be a small little thing, it has a HUGE personality! The kind of personality that is loving, kind and quarky. I have had my mazda2 for 4 years now, and am barley just about to sell it... The only reason I am selling it is to buy a bigger 4WD with more cargo room for camping. Or else I would happily keep this car and pass it on to my kids! She's still in excellent condition, gas mileage is exceptional, and let me tell you- she WHIPS! The first time my boyfriend road in my car, he was blown away with how it drove like such a little sports car! Its like the inside of a gypsy lamp when you climb in! Looks like a tiny clown car from the outside but extremely spacious and space-ship like on the inside! I couldn't be more grateful and happy with my little car...and emotionally I'm having some difficulties parting ways. Thank you little Mazda2! You rock!!

Uses car for Havingfun

Good car, but...

by from on June 13, 2017

My 2013 Mazda 2 continues to be economical, reliable transportation. This car has had no maintenance issues since I've had it and I have only had to change the oil regularly. Fuel economy is great, I measured 32 MPG in city driving. The interior is somewhat spartan, but ergonomically and attractively designed, like a budget Miata. Seats are comfortable. The factory stereo is horrible. The worst part is the speakers, which I have replaced. Performance with this car is mediocre. Handling is helped with the wide low profile tires but hurt by the car being so tall, which results in lots of lean and sloppy steering and handling. I replaced the stock springs with performance springs which lowered the car a little, stiffened the ride considerably, and greatly improved handling. I also added a rear torsion bar to the rear crossmember which increased stability. The worst part about this car is the gutless engine. Even with the 5 speed manual, this car is absolutely lethargic off the line. It pulls OK when the 'VTEC' finally kicks in, but it's an eternity before that happens. Mazda really should have built a performance high revving version of this engine or even a turbo model.

Great Cheap Commuter

by from Warren, RI on May 14, 2017

The Mazda2 has been a great, inexpensive, daily driver for me. I commute 90 miles every day and have since the car was new. Mine is a manual, Touring model and having not driven the automatic I would suggest the manual for the AMAZING MPG. If I just drive normally, I get 33 - 35 miles per gallon. When I give it the old college try, and I am really aware of my driving inputs, I have regularly done 40-42. Best tank in 4 years being 45mpg. In my opinion, this car drives like a 4 door MX-5 Miata (and I've owned one.) Its fun to drive for a 100hp economy car. My only complaints are the interior of the car is EXTREMELY basic. Lots of hard plastic, cheap stereo, the seats get uncomfortable after about an hour and a half. Thats par for the course though, the car was just under 15K brand new. I love this car and it serves its purpose incredibly well. If you need a cheap commuter, get a Mazda2. Theyr'e great.

Best car I've ever owned

by from Charlotte on May 11, 2017

Better than the Toyota Yaris in everyway (i know, I have owned a few). Good pick up, great gas mileage. Solid performance.

reliable car

by from buffalo, NY on April 16, 2017

it is very reliable . good for all season and no problem at all. however, it doesnt' come with navigation or DVD player.

In 4 years we've NEVER been in the shop!

by from Gardner KS on April 14, 2017

I have loved every single minute of owning this car. It runs smoothly, is very very comfortable and is cute as can be! I will miss it!

Our Expert Review: 2013 Mazda Mazda 2