2013 Mazda2

4.2 out of 5 starsPerformance
4.4 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Great value but a bit short of perfect.

by Ant from Northern New Jersey on August 15, 2013

I purchased this vehicle last month as an alternative to my beloved Jetta. My goal was to increase my fuel efficiency, upgrade the technological amenities, and reduce maintenance costs. Before I purchased the 2, I drove the Fit and loved everything about it except the price. I was able to get the 2 at over 4000 less so to my wallet - it was a no brainer. Here's what I love about the 2: Looks great from the outside. It's pretty roomy on the inside. It came with Bluetooth. Love the USB port. Drives very nice, nimble and easy to park. Here's what Mazda could add to make the 2 better: 25 more horsepower and a bit more torque especially while in 2nd gear would do wonders. The advertised fuel economy could be a bit better - I average about 27mpg combined. Map pockets in the back of the front seats would be handy. Heated mirrors would be nice. An option for alloy wheels and leather or leatherette would be nice too. Overall, for the money its a great little car - I look forward to driving it for the next several years.

Very reliable

by Streets from Dallas, TX on May 28, 2015

I LOVE THIS CAR! I bought my 2013 new in October of 2013. I may have paid too much for it but that's my fault! I had to buy this car quite quickly. My old car died and I bought this car the next day. I chose it because I heard Mazdas were fairly reliable and it had one of the lowest MSRPs. Money was my primary concern at that time. I have never had a single problem with it and I'm pretty rough on my cars. It was a manual and I drove it hard, I'm awful at getting oil changes, etc. It never missed a beat. It was so fun to drive and the parking spots you can fit it in are unreal! It is small but the space is used well. For passengers it gets a little crowded and only the smallest can fit in the back seat. However, when you fold the seats down you can get a large amount of stuff in the back. It was actually quite useful when moving. Last thing - This car was just totaled last week. It was rear while I was at a stop light. It was a pretty significant impact to total it but I really didn't feel much and I'm fine. So I think it did a great job protecting me! I like this car so much that I'm strongly considering buying another one even though I can afford much more. If you're having any doubts don't! One of my favorite cars I've owned.

Love this Car!

by sevenstars from Oklahoma City on September 4, 2013

Fun, fun, fun! Have owned a red mazda 2 2013 for a month and love it. Really eye catching and interesting exterior. Easy handling. Super comfortable driver and passenger seating in the front, actually the most comfortable seat I have ever experienced. Love the driving experience, you feel really engaged with the road and, parking is a breeze due to the small size. Cons: Instrument panel is red at night when lighted, kinda strange. No padding on interior door arm rests. Other than that, it is fantastic! I don't know why people would prefer the Mazda 3 when this one has such a cute unique body style!

Best for the money

by The Mechanic from Davenport, IA on August 20, 2013

Wow, what a slick little car Mazda has come up with again. Voted World Car of the Year in 2008, this little Mazda didn't make it to US shores until 2011. The little 100hp MZR engine sure doesn't feel like 100hp when its put in front of a car that weighs in at a little over 2300 pounds. The handling is truly superb (does Mazda make a bad handling car?) and the interior quality is unheard of in this price range. Minus the small trade in of my wife's 2001 Tiburon we were out the door at $12,500 on a base model with the 5-speed manual. For a get around town car, you won't find a better deal anywhere.

Great car for the value

by Godfather from Puerto Rico on March 16, 2013

Got the car september 2012, epa milage say 29/35 mpg the real thing is I drive aprox 35 miles both ways 5 days a week to go to work, plus regular driving. And im getting at least 40 mpg on regular 87otc gas. Nice 4 person hatchback, It's for 5 persons but got put a small person on the middle back or wont see through the back window. Nice stereo, and nice spacing. All around really worth the value.

mazda2

by DENISE from DAYTON,OH on August 30, 2012

I've had mazda 2 now for 3 years total,two years with the one I have now,fixing to trade it in on the new mazda2 2013 when it comes in.Can't wait ,going to be totually awesome.Love my little zoom zoom,nobody and I do mean no body beats mazda2 period.

it's a new car..here shouldn't be any problems

by green pickle toy car from Nrthridge CA on January 10, 2014

ask me in two years got it for 12,400 (NEW)...that was a good price compared to a used 40 miles Forester Subaru at 14,000. It's a simple car...easy to learn how it works...it's zippy..it looks like one of the cars in the movie CARS...the front represents a "smiley face" this is my interim/transportation vehicle and I am happy with it being that....great on mileage and it is the most fun color

Great Commuter Car

by toofastvamp from Phoenix, AZ on January 4, 2018

This is a great commuter car. Good gas mileage and was to drive. It doesn't mind the heat of commuting in 115 degree weather. It's a little cramped for longer trips and there is a lot of road noise but I'm happy with it.

Mazda 2 2013

by Car lover from on January 27, 2015

I love this car! I have only had it for a month but so far it is great. The gas mileage is fantasist and the car is very stylish. The drive is really smooth and the acceleration is great. I did not think a 4-cyclender could accelerate the way the car does. The price is great for what you get. I wanted a Toyota Yaris but for $1000 more then the Mazda 2 I could only get a car that was a base car. But this car has power everything but seats and it is great. The only thing I do not like about the car is it does not have any arm rest in the middle. Other then that it is a great little car!

nice affordable city car

by tiny.hatchback.lover from los angeles, ca on August 18, 2017

handling is good for a budget car. mileage is great, average 32mpg in most city bumper to bumper driving (38mpg when I'm on the freeway). interior is nice. buttons for radio and a/c are easy to operate.

1 2 3