2004 Mazda3

2004 Mazda Mazda3

2004 Mazda Mazda3

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have you driven the 2004 Mazda Mazda3?

Great Vehicle

by am24 from Toronto, ON on Sat May 30 2009

My Mazda 3 GS Sport has now crossed 146,000 KMs. Other than oil changes, break pads...regular maintenance this car has been solid. No unnecessary visits to the mechanic. The car drives like new despite the mileage, it looks sporty and still turns heads when i shine it up. I love the rain sensing wipers, beautiful dash, red lights, projector lamps up front. My only gripe with the vehicle is its noisy pulley near the serpentine when it first starts and a whizzing noise around 2000-2500 rpm, this is supposedly normal. The vehicle however is solid, dont be fooled by what others say this car is just as reliable as any toyota corolla or honda civic it just drives alot better, reminds me of a 3 series bmw.

The best Car i have owned

by Lamar Forest Park,Ga from Forest Park, Ga on Mon Apr 19 2010

I purchased my 04 Mazda 3 2.3 almost 2 years ago and i must say this is the best car i have purchased. I drove the car down to miami which is a good 10 hour drive and it was a blast. i am a proud Mazda 3 owner and this car is a great pleasure to own and drive

owned car for seven years now

by mastersteve from hartford,ct on Wed Oct 12 2011

if you want to own a very dependable car with great looks and decent power the mazda 3 is the way to go

A good and reliable sporty car

by zoom3 from new york on Tue Mar 24 2009

I have the 2004 3s hatchback and its almost 5 yrs and 30,000 miles I've owned this car, and can tell you that the car runs great, fit & finish is still good, no rattles on rough roads, but had to replace the original goodyears recently with michelin. Battery lasted 4 yrs. before I replaced it, haven't had any major issues with this car and still enjoying the zoom-zoom.

Great car, but a few bugs

by My only regret is that it isn't American made from Gilroy Ca on Thu Jul 06 2006

I have a 2004 S with almost all the options. It's a great car. I autocross it and have a blast with it. I have had to take it in to the dealership many times to be troubleshooted. It stalls after putting gas in and sometimes stalls at idle. The first set of times, they finally changed some sensor and it corrected the problem. After another year or so the problem came back. I took it to the same dealer, mentioned that is has the same symptoms as before. They didn't seem to be too interested in that information. So they're going through the learning curve again and I am without a car. The irony is I bought this car new as I was tired of working on my old cars. Also, my wifes 2001 Camaro has never been back to the dealership and has over 90,000 trouble free miles. Those cars usually get bad reviews, but the Camaro wins out on reliability compared to the Mazda. Love the car, but considering selling it due to the maintenance issues and going back to GM to see what I can replace it with.

great 1st car for teen

by erin <3's cars! from new albany, IN on Tue Oct 31 2006

i am 18 and got a mazda3s for my 16th birthday. the car did great the first year, but last year my purge valve needed fixed because it was leaking. then, my automatic car's 4th gear went out, and then they told me i needed a NEW TRANSMISSION... and my car only has 26,000 miles. then, the night i got it back, it wouldnt turn on, and then i needed a new inhibitor switch. if you want this car, MAKE SURE you get it under warranty!! its a good car other wise.

An amazing amount of car for the price

by bobtins from Oakland, CA on Mon Nov 06 2006

I've been really happy with this car for the last 2 1/2 years. It feels very fast and agile, looks great, can haul a lot of stuff and people, and has the refinement of a much more expensive car.

Mazda 3 surprised me

by ASE from Fresno, CA on Tue Feb 04 2014

First off I gotta say it took me alot to buy this car. I absolutley hate FORD products. With Mazada still being owned by FORD when MY 04' was made I was scared to jump into this purchace. The car was a great price with low miles so I bout the car and fell in love. I immediatly drove a cross country and got great gas millage. Has never shown any signs of ware and I have put over 50k on the car in just under 2 years. Ignore all the 1 star comments, I have been a life long mechanic and would strongly recommend this car to close friends and family. great power for the around towndriver and highway speeds. If I have to pick one downside is the high RPM's while at highways speeds.

Nifty & versatile small sports car

by Drvrdwn02 from Riverside County, CA on Thu Jun 28 2018

This car still has all the "zoom-zoom" advertised then. It has not had any major mechanical flaws/issues since I purchased it in '06. Being a manual transmission really helps with maximizing all the potential of this car. The handling on the road in any condition is quite remarkable. The hatchback allows you to carry all of your favorite outdoor equipment. It's a competent & reliable car-hands down

Fun to drive

by jen from Cleveland, OH on Sat Oct 27 2007

Mazda's "zoom zoom" commercials are right on the money for this little car... I bought the hatchback when they first came out and have loved it since. Handling is awesome, the interior space is surprising. The only complaints are the brick-like seats and the handling in the snow. The factory wheels and tire size make this car "float" over the snow, and snow tires are incredibly expensive. I got stuck a few too many times for comfort, and am now upgrading to an AWD vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2004 Mazda Mazda3

I suppose in these days of freedom fries and the Boycott France campaign of Bill O'Reilly - about whom there has been much buzzzzz lately - few in the United States would agitate for the return of French-made cars. Quel dommage.

The French carmakers - PSA Peugeot Citroën (now a single company) and Renault - build some awesome cars. Partisans of the Mitsubishi Evo VIII or Subaru WRX STi ought to take a few laps in a Renault Clio V6, a rally-bred sport compact with a 255-hp V6 mounted amidships, where the back seat ought to be. Then we'll see who the surrender monkeys are.

I particularly like Renault's sense of adventure when it comes to styling. Cars such as the Vel Satis, the Scénic and the... Read More