Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Mazda3

2006 Mazda Mazda3

2006 Mazda Mazda3

Have You Driven the 2006 Mazda Mazda3?

Mazda 3 GT

by wh276348 from Walnut, MS on Wed Aug 04 2010

I do all my own maintenance and have 111K miles on the car, all highway. I have the 2.3 with 5 speed manual and get between 31 and 36 MPG. Depends upon weather. Only problem the front wheel bearings had to be replaced at 90K. Difficult to get parts. Some of the maintenance could be easier, try replacing the cabin air filter.

Amazing used car

by Dennis D from on Wed Dec 19 2012

This is our second mazda3. Highly recommend if you want a sporty, reliable used car that feels just like it did in 2006 when it was first purchased. The 3 Grand Touring has leather seats that look new. The rest of the interior has aged well so that we feel that we got a new car for thousands off the original sticker price.

Love this thing

by Mazdathlete from Plymouth MA on Mon Oct 03 2011

Bought this the hatchback as an answer to rising gas prices, and it has definitely come through; I find myself putting gas in every 2 weeks, and it's not painful on your wallet to fill from empty. It's fun to drive; handles awesome, and has pickup when you want it. It has a surprising amount of room once the backseat is laid down, and I have yet to find a car with a nicer interior layout. I've had it since 2008, and have yet to have a single mechanical problem with it, outside of routine maintenance. I'm a big outdoors guy, and this car has taken me all over New England to ski, hike, cycle, and run in all kinds of weather and has never let me down. I highly recommend this car.

So glad I bought this over the Civic

by JJ from Naperville, IL on Mon Aug 20 2012

I was deciding between the Mazda3 and the Civic and after test driving both cars the Mazda clearly stuck out as the more fun car to drive. Plus, I like the styling *so* much better. I've owned my Mazda3 for five years now and I've never regretted the decision. I still love to drive it and still love to look at it. Plus, it's been 100% reliable. I follow the service schedule and have had no unexpected problems.

Great Work car

by ecountry411 from Foster,Ky on Fri Aug 07 2015

I just purchased this car with 115,000 about a month ago. I have put about 2,000 miles on this car and I love it. I'm getting 32.04 MPG and it is fun to drive.

GREAT VALUE

by ICEMAN from HAYMARKET VA on Thu Jul 07 2011

ACTUALLY MY SONS CAR--WE LIKE IT SO MUCH WE LOOKED FOR ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER BUT THE PRICES RECENTLY SHT UP--WE PURCHASED A 2006 <50,000 MILES -SUNROOF - MULTI CD--VERY GOOD SHAPE FOR $8995 IN APRIL

Great Car. But...

by keepin it real from Indianapolis, IN on Mon Oct 29 2007

I really do love this car. I bought the 2006 mazda 3 Touring. I love the leather and the blue lights and the six disk cd changer. People have told me countless times that it looks likes a Lexus inside and out! My only problem with this car is that at 20k the transmission went out. I had to get a brand new one and it took about 2 weeks to get it back. Mazda took care of everything so I didnt have to pay for anything so I guess I cant complain.

good value for the money

by car enthusiast from Shreveport on Tue Jul 10 2012

Runs good, happy with the 4 cylinder engine. Standard trans ensures good acceleration. Hatchback has lots of storage. Already upgraded the car stereo with an aftermarket model.

Most reliable car of them all

by Mazdad from Las Vegas on Sat Jun 16 2018

This car gave me no problems for over 11 years. Its style and comfort made my long trips across the country So enjoyable. Gas mileage was fantastic even for city driving.

I'd buy again.

by Wheelz from Panhandle of Florida on Thu Aug 01 2013

I bought my Mazda3 brand new in 2006, 7 years ago. Paid in full at time of purchase. This car and I have been through so much together. The only major thing that has needed replacing is the manual transmission, 2 years ago - which is typical for Mazda3s. She's still has good tread depth on her second set of tires (I bought Kendas.) I am able to get my wheelchair in and out of the backseat with relative ease. The trunk is spacious and if I need a little more storage room, I just fold down a seat. She still handles like a dream, and I enjoy whipping through traffic. Her MPG is still at a loverly 28-30 on average, with popping up to 32 on road trips and in this day of high gas prices, it feels great to only need to fill up once or twice a month. Zoom, zoom.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Mazda Mazda3

They don't get the attention -- or the sales -- of comparable models from Toyota and Honda, but don't overlook the Mazda3 and its bigger brother, the Mazda6. Both cars offer genuinely good value and, when outfitted in their sportier trim, serve up a fun-to-drive factor that rivals German cars.

Case in point: The 2006 Mazda3 s. Though the engine and transmission aren't quite as refined as the new Honda Civic Si -- which, incidentally, only comes as a two-door coupe -- the Mazda3 s sedan is at least as much fun to drive, and it has four doors. Its 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine has 160 horsepower, 37 fewer than the Civic Si's 2.0-liter engine, but the difference doesn't feel that big, likely due in... Read More