2009 Mazda Mazda 3

Fun to drive - great features-great value

by from Dallas,TX on February 15, 2009

After driving a Toyota for 12 years, and after test driving the 09 Corolla, 09 Civic and the 09 Mazda 3, no doubt the Mazda 3 has the best features, more power and nice gas economy. The engine (manual trans) responds extremely well. The Radio sound quality is excellent. Both heater and A/C are very powerfull. Am driving 50% highway and 50% city and fuel consumption is about 30 mpg. Great handling and did I mention that it's fun to drive.

2009 Mazda 3 2.0L I Sport Sedan

by from Florida on April 18, 2016

My Mother bought this car in 2010 , todays date is April 18th 2016, this car has been a very reliable car so far we have put 75k miles on it, this car now has 107k, it has had only 1 problem the whole time she has owned it, she had to change the mass air flow sensor other than that she have never had to replace anything else, this car has all original parts other than that sensor, it has never broke down on her ever!!! she would rate this car a 5 out of 5, she is very satisfied with her car

2009 Mazda 3

by from Methuen, MA on November 4, 2013

I did a lot of research before buying this car and it paid off. I love mine. It handles great and is super fun to drive. The only complaint I have is the cooling and heating are both awful. I live in New England and this tiny care takes for ever to heat up. If that is important then look somewhere else. As for me the rest of the good out ways that.

Great car!

by from Ventura, ca on January 23, 2012

Great car great on gas! Looks good smooth drive. Wish it had a bit more power. Great value for your money. Good car for teens first car. Cheap to insure.

Very reliable car and value for the money

by from Sanford,Fl on June 28, 2017

I love my car I've had for almost 2 years and in those 2 years I've replaced minor things like brakes and tires and two motor mounts for this car, I am very happy and satisfied with my purchase it definitely has a lot of features that I can use. And now I have to replace a mass air sensor and I had to replace the ac but all of this was covered under warranty so I really only spent like 500 on tires and brakes and oil changes.

Most fun behind the wheel

by from Seattle Wa on March 23, 2014

For the price i couldnt think of a better buy. Beats all challengers that pull up next to it with ease and handles like a champ. I love this car and it loves me.

Very good, fun to drive inexpensive car

by from Burnt Hills, NY on January 6, 2014

Mazda 3, with the 2.3 liter engine and stick shift is a peppy little car which is comfortable, affordable, and fun to drive. Mileage has been greatly improved in the latest models, but getting around 25 mpg in a 5 year old car is still pretty good. The hatchback version has quite a lot of room in the rear, especially with the seats folded down. Rear leg room with a six-footer up front is not too good, though. The only blatant flaw I've had is that the valve stems, which hold the tire pressure monitors ten to break. I've had 3 of them break off and a fourth leak. otherwise, its a great little car.

Great car!

by from Atlanta, GA on March 27, 2017

Very happy with the quality, feel, performance and value of this car. It is a bit sporty with 17" tires, so the road noise is definitely loud, but it doesn't bother me anymore.

My Silver Fox

by from Boss Angeles, CA on July 14, 2017

This car is the most reliable car I've ever owned. With regular oil changes, it's great on gas, low maintenance, and repairs if needed are very inexpensive. This car doesn't give me a bit of trouble, has a fun zippy ride, with decent handling, that lives up to the "Zoom Zoom" slogan. Whether you're 5'3 like me, or over 6 foot tall you can comfortably drive, and hang out in the backseat with ease. I highly recommend this car to everyone!

Zippy, road hugging, gas sipping ride

by from Wheaton, IL on March 10, 2017

This car is really an excellent model. It's roomy, the materials and design inside especially are modern and look current today. It drives like a dream and how fast it can come to a complete stop is cool. 0-60 in this one is smile inducing. Go for it.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Mazda Mazda 3