2010 Mazda3

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very fun

by Wrathwitch from British Columbia, Canada on June 13, 2010

This was my first Mazda. I was going to buy a Honda Fit for the hatchback room, but as soon as I test drove the Mazda there was no going back. I went with the Sport (just down from the GT) version as it came with almost everything the GT has with a much cheaper price tag. The stock tires on the S version are garbage. Once I replaced them with some Yokohamas the ride was even more amazing than the initial test drives. I only gave a 3 for reliability as I have only owned the car for 2 months now so I can't really vouch for it. It has really grown on me. It has the guts to get you in and out of the passing lane with the speed and control you need and the smooth drive of when you are just driving your normal routes. I got the Graphite Mica and it is a beautiful car, even when getting it detailed the detailer had nothing but compliments on it. This car makes it actually fun to drive to work now :)

Outstanding value & performance

by stig from New Jersey on September 19, 2010

Excellent all-round performance & handling - superior responses compared to GTI. Delighted with purchase - only possible criticizm is yokohama all-weather tires feel harsh on certain surfaces. Would suggest Michelin pilots as replacement for smoother ride. Build quality, fit & finish, fuel economy all excellent. This car is a jewel!

F U N !

by No Kids Couple from Fort Atkinson, WI on April 27, 2011

This car is called the UNcorolla for good reason. It's a blast to drive. The combination of a tight suspension and very responsive steering, when paired with a peppy little 4 cylinder (and I only got the base engine) ensures a great time on the road if you have a heavy foot. Styling is distinctive and sporty, matching the performance. Downsides are lack of rear legroom and... well that's about it. To me, however, the rear seating is an afterthought. This car isn't about family hauling, it's about fun.

'10 Mazda3 is the Bee's Knees

by Pdude from Chicago on April 8, 2010

Since I could not get the wife to learn to drive our 08 Miata stick-shift, we traded it in for the Mazda3 HB in mid-January, 2010. We were really surprised how smooth the ride was during the test drive and have not been disappointed yet. The GT had all of the bells and whistles we wanted. We looked at the Honda Fit momentarily until we realized there was no OEM heated seat option. I drove it from Chicago through a 10" snow storm in knoxville to Florida and back. It performed flawlessly and the Bluetooth speakerphone option was a joy on the road. It did seem a little noisy, so we took it to Ziebart and got the sound proofing package. It now is so quiet on the road you think you are in a $45k+ luxury auto. I can't get the wife out of the 3 and because I was missing my Zoom-Zoom fix, we went back and bought another Miata GT PHRT and now have no place to park all 3 cars!! We are getting about 26.5 mpg commuting 60 miles round trip per day with the Mazda3 here in the Chicago burbs. In retrospect, we are glad we did not go full out on mileage features and that we did not buy the Prius we were looking at. Peace all .. Pdude

I Love to Drive Now!

by Hana from New Orleans on August 21, 2010

I used to have a small SUV, and driving around was boring. I never looked forward to it. Now, I just love driving my 6-speed manual Mazda3 Hatchback, even to and from work, and especially on curvy, hilly roads! I think it handles even better than my husband's BMW. I drive about 50% city and 50% highway. My overall gas mileage is about 25 mpg. Some other models in this class get way better mileage, but they don't have the performance you get with 167 HP! To ease my guilty green conscious, I have been more diligent about recycling.... I have the Grand Touring trim level, and I wish the leather seats were better quality. The leather feels hard, not supple. I also wish the sound system had a mute button. Otherwise, the interior layout is well-designed and ergonomic. I debated between the Sport model and the Grand Touring model, and I am so glad I choose the Grand Touring. The automatic windshield wiper and the seat memory features are incredibly convenient, and the Xenon headlights really make a difference on very dark or curvy roads; the lights turn in the direction that you are turning, offering more illumination in the direction you are going. I worried about downsizing from an SUV to a hatchback, but because the seats fold down very easily, I've found it to be amazingly versatile at carrying around large loads. Overall, I just LOVE this car and am so happy I bought it!

Lots of flash for not so much cash.

by knxvil from Newton, MA on August 12, 2010

I've owned 3 Hondas, a Subaru, and a Volvo, and none of them really can compare to the Mazda3 wagon that I just purchased. I've had it for almost 3 weeks now, and you can't beat the peppiness of the engine combined with the fuel economy and the overall sporty feel of the vehicle at this price point, and all this with an automatic transmission. Having had a larger wagon and a small SUV, I did have to compromise on cargo space, but for what I spent at the Sport trim level, I got a vehicle with an interior that resembles a VW and an exterior that resembles a Lexus. Bluetooth integration of my phone with the car was effortless, and the trip computer is easy to understand (although the vehicle does come with a very extensive manual). The Bose stereo package is also definitely worth getting, as it's bundled with a moonroof and 6-CD changer. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small wagon with a tight suspension that's not too stiff to be comfortable on the highway. Definitely check out the Mazda3 if you think the Mazda2 and Ford Fiesta are too small. The only drawback I'd say is that the red colors are difficult to keep clean, but you'll have that happen on any car with that color.

Hard to get used to.

by scissors hands 22 from fairless hills PA on August 16, 2013

Fell in love with the look and color of the Madze3sport.I test drove it and it had a lot of guts for a 4 cyl.Apparently ,I was unaware of all the blind spots and had quite a few people peeved at me.I am still not comfortable with driving it.I 'm scared to move out of a lane ,because I can't see the car directly behind me at all.I'm still experimenting with mirror angles. That's my biggest problem so far.There are a lot of bells and whistles on the steering column and a 6 CD player,and Bose Stereo.Brakes are great and pick-up from a stop excellent..Guess I'll figure it out.Having a good time,anyway.

a driver's car

by lovetodrive from Georgia on March 22, 2009

I have been living with the new 2010 Mazda 3 grand touring, with 6spd manual, for just over a week. The best way to describer it is by describing what it is NOT. It is NOT a gas miser although it did get 32mph on a long trip for me. If you are into high mileage go get yourself a econobox with a lawn mower engine in it. It is NOT a sports car. It is NOT a RX8 or even close to it. But it does NOT require premium gas, $1500 tires, and outrageous insurance. What this car does do is deliver a sports-car like driving experience. For a compact car it is fun to drive and that is the reason why I bought it. Mine has the Bose speaker system but not the navigation system. There are much better after market navigation systems for less money. The same can be said for Satellite Radio if you are in to that. I am not a fan of automatic transmissions and mine has the 6 speed shifter. But if you are going to drive in heavy stop and go traffic every day the auto would be a better choice. While the manual shifts very well with short throws I did find myself hunting gears on occasion. The 2.5 liter has plenty of power for a car of this size and weight. The leather seats are a vast improvement over previous editions. The suspension system feels a bit stiff as it should for this type of car but be aware that you will feel the road. It can be a bit tiring on long trips down the poorly maintained interstate systems in this country. At 80 mph this car does not like broken pavement and pot holes! Overall, the ride quality is better and quieter than previous editions of this car. I really like the cabin layout. Mazda put a lot of thought into that and it works very well if you are into a driver?s car. The fit and finish is the best I have ever seen on a car of this class and type. I think the car looks sharp. There has been a lot said about its looks. You either like it or you don?t. I like it. And the more I drive it the better I like it.

Best Value for Money

by Lake Tahoe Year Round from Lake Tahoe, CA on December 11, 2011

I purchased this car mostly for one interesting fact: it was the #1 car driven by the staff writers for automotive magazines - basically, it has the best combination of fun-to-drive and least cost. Good Value for Money. I have owned this car for 2 years, and it has been fantastic. Mazda has upped their quality to try to grab market share, and the Mazda3 is their best-selling vehicle. I looked around at a lot of cars before I bought my 2010 Mazda3 brand new, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Excellent Car

by Brum from Cincinnati, OH on October 21, 2009

I owned a '98 Mazda 626 and finally broke down and got a '10 Mazda3 GT Hatch. With the Tech and Bose package, this is probably the most feature filled small car out there. The Bi-Xenon headlights are the coolest things out there (expensive to replace-$1000each). Pros- -A Mazda3 for everyone. From a 2.0L sedan to the top of the line 2.5L GT. -Features. If you have $25G you can't beat the features. Check out the website for all of them. Quite the list. -Handling. You feel like you could go around any corner at any speed. It instills a sense of confidence I've never felt. -Looks. Polarizing but grows on you. The more I see it the more I love it -Interior. If you're looking at 2009s definitely look at the 2010 before you buy. The '10 looks like a quality car and more mature Cons- -Only FWD. I would have loved to see a AWD option. That is the only thing that I would have liked. -Power Gap. I like the power of the 2.5L, don't get me wrong. But a little more would be nice-maybe around the 220hp range? The SPEED was too much with too high of insurance rates. -Smaller back seats. I'm 20 and have no kids, friends deal with it in the back seat. However it may not be suitable for people over 30 for any length of time. Overall I absolutely love the 2010 Mazda3. The Matrix, Impreza, and Golf/GTI have nowhere near the same features. Plenty of power and looks great. -Don't pay over invoice. I got mine under invoice and with $300 worth accessories included. Right now you can name whatever price you want almost.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10