2014 Mazda3

2014 Mazda Mazda3

2014 Mazda Mazda3

Have You Driven the 2014 Mazda Mazda3?

Impressive for the price

by Danger Mouse from Indiana, IN on Tue Feb 10 2015

I owned a 2004 Mazda 3 s base model (04 was the first year for the 3) and it lasted me 10+ years with some minor hiccups, mostly from the ford parts side, now that Mazda is back to 100% Japanese I wanted to give it another shot since I did truly love my 04. I ended up with a 2014 Mazda 3 S GT with every option (with the 2015s out I was able to get more off the last remaining 2014). And what can I say, it has come a very long way in 10 years. The leather is supple and soft, the infotainment system is easily the best in its range and the additional features like blind spot monitoring, smart city braking and radar cruise control make it even more impressive. The 2.5L skyactiv is powerful and pop it in sport mode makes it respond even better. The 6 speed with paddle shifters are crisp and lets you pretend like its the F1 car you always wanted. In short, for the value I don't think you could do any better, time will tell if reliability will hold up. Meanwhile I am loving every second!

5 star performance sedan

by Herman N from ATL on Fri May 01 2015

I purchased the 2014 iTouring with a moon roof for less than 20 k with 4.8 k miles on the odometer a couple of weeks ago. After adding another 4 k miles I can say that this car makes me a very happy sportivo driver. MPG on freeways 40.6, in town 30.9. Interior is fantastic, seats are best of class. Mine still has this small retro display, but never mind. Driving feels like a BMW M3 but better because of FWD. I managed to transport with the Touring two medium sized palm trees, with a bit of cargo management and all doors CLOSED. It feels like a sports car, two people will enjoy a very comfortable ride, even on long hauls. I tested my Touring on a 450 miles ride from GA to FL with no rest, and When I stepped out after more than 6 hours I had no dumb feeling in my legs or back. I drove Mustangs, Audi4, BMW3, Ford Edge and Escape, VW Golf before. My Mazda 3 is the top choice amongst all of them. Time will tell if the Skyactiv engine will last reliable. For me this Mazda 3 is a top of the line stylish great driving car. Love it, absolutely!

Good car

by JackT from Clemson,SC on Wed May 21 2014

It was between a BMW 3 Series and this and Mazda won. I bought an s Grand Touring hatchback with the tech package and spent less than $29k out the door. I gave up some hp and cachet for the Mazda, but I saved about $12k over the BMW. Performance is adequate, and the ride and the NVH is much improved over previous Mazda 3s. Handling is excellent. It has every tech feature you could want and is good looking to boot. And it is returning 32mpg and runs on regular gas. I am happy with the purchase.

Love the safety features!

by Dolphin from Honolulu, HI on Tue May 05 2015

I bought a new 2014 Mazda3 i 5-door grand touring for the safety features. I considered other makes, but this was the only make and model in its class that had everything I wanted: rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensors and turn signal indicators on the side mirrors. It also has a lot of extras that I didn't want or need, but surprisingly, I've used the navigation system and didn't expect to do so as I live on an island. Bluetooth is built in and easy to use. The infotainment system is not intuitively obvious, and it is not possible to turn off the music, only mute it.

LOVE IT

by ZOOM ZOOM from nj on Sat Nov 01 2014

Best car I ever bought nice styling great on gas. Very comfortable plenty of pick up, everyone stops and looks at the car some ask what kind of car is it. style is sleek sporty and sexy, no other car maker has a car that looks this good in the price range , forget Hyundia, toyota, Honda This is IT

Near luxury car

by Jwmsales from Colorado on Sat Jan 11 2014

I looked at the Buick Verano and Acura ILX and the Mazda3. It wasn't close. The mazda3 is a fantastic car for the money. I have 2800 miles on my Soul Red S Touring sedan and could not be happier. Just travelled 300 miles on the highway and averaged close to 40 mpg! Interior is fantastic and the driving position perfect.

Real life crashed....

by S.C from Vancouver, BC, Canada on Thu Jul 10 2014

I went into an accident in few months after I got the car, My car doesn't seem like damaged very bad, but it was a written off by insurance company, the other car was completely loss its front. Thanks to Mazda, I didn't hurt a bit, and just walk out the car do what I should do in a crash, the other cars driver had taken by the ambulance, hope she would be fine. I brought another Mazda 3 GS 2014 after the accident, and I love it a lot, nice looking, very good handling, fun driving, comfortable, good fuel efficient .... Amazing, five stars

itouring, So Far So Good!

by CarBuff_steve from Oneonta, NY on Tue Mar 25 2014

Mazda3, Sedan. It works as advertised, 28 mpg in city, driving in cold upstate NY. Handles really good, has enough power with the 2.0 engine. Blind spot warning and back up warning help you when needed. The stereo sounds good and the streaming blue tooth audio is easy to use. USB port is great because I can keep my old iPod connected and stored out of site. The stereo display will show all the info from the iPod.

Nicest Car I've Ever Owned

by Stella from San Diego, CA on Mon May 05 2014

I reluctantly bought a new car, after having a Mazda Miada for 15 years. I researched for months and read a million reviews. Based on past history with Mazda (which was awesome), the MPG, the reviews and base price, I landed on Mazda 3. Even though I miss my Miada, this car has everything you could ever want and is still super fun to drive. NO REGRETS!

Most pleased over any other car I ever purchased!

by Practically Wired from New Orleans, LA on Sat Mar 01 2014

I ultimately chose the Mazda 3 i-Touring Hatchback. The Mazda 3 Hatchback wasn?t my first option. I was considering a Diesel VW Golf or possibly the TDI Audi A3 (however, Audi is not releasing their A3 in a Hatchback here in the US at this time). Let?s not forget that the elevated cost of diesel in the US does not make this an easy call. My attention was immediately caught by the new 2014 styling on the Mazda3. The fact that SkyActiv technology was incorporated to suit the entire vehicle?s holistic re-design (Engine, chassis, body and suspension) is something that can really I appreciate. So, to break down the most important features that I consider the most impact on my daily drive (and henceforth influencing my purchase decision): 1. Engine/Drivetrain Efficiency and Performance -The i-Touring 155 HP, 150 lb-ft of torque engine has a VERY high compression ratio of 13:1, thanks to the 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust manifold. A result is maximum of 41 MPG highway on the automatic tranny version on 87 octane gas! I am currently getting 36-37 MPG in mixed driving conditions. Hats off to Mazda for this achievement, I am happy to have this much efficiency without shelling extra dough out for diesel prices! -Dual exhaust (both are visible on the rear of the Hatchback models) are standard in all trims, an indication than Mazda is also keen on reducing exhaust path restriction. A major benefit to the driver in looks, efficiency and functionality. -Acceleration is not like a supercar ? you can pedal to the floor, or kick into manual sequential shifting and get more torque in the higher revs, up to 7.8 seconds 0-60 in ideal conditions (7.0 seconds with the larger engine); even so, I am not complaining about the ability for the i-touring to get-up and go when the need calls for it. -Go for the 184 HP s-touring model if you are ok with losing some MPG. The bigger engine is the same one used in the Mazda 6; that means you get some mean performance in higher power to weight ratio out of the lighter Mazda 3 chassis. Very nice! 2. Ride Quality and Handling -The Mazda 3 is not the quietest ride out of the competition, but I also didn?t feel like it was too noisy. There is some notable road noise in highway speeds. -The suspension incorporates a rear multi-link design, and the front suspension is quite angled back (6 degrees of caster on the front strut), unlike any other front wheel drive car in its class. I was pleasantly surprised about the suspension performance. The suspension is very well tuned for soaking up everyday bumps, and handles excellent in the turns. The amount of work and typical associated cost for this suspension design means that the driver is getting some big value here. -The steering is fully electric, as opposed to electric/hydraulic. Even so, there is enough feedback on the steering to give the driver response on the curves. 3. Interior Quality and Styling -Interior dash is lined with a soft, leather-like material. This is a welcome alternative to the hard plasticky material found in the competitors. There are notes of fake carbon fiber on the steering wheel and door trim, but I think it complements the look well, rather than hurting it. -Exterior styling (eye candy) is bar-none my favorite aspect of the car. The KODO styling concept (Soul in Motion) speaks out in the lines of the car. Both sedan and hatchback models look excellent, but my preference is the squat-down, fast-back look on the rear of the hatchback. Also complementing the look is a longer and wider wheelbase and lower stance than the previous model Mazda 3?s. Totally awesome! 4. Cabin Environment, Entertainment and Technology -Legroom in the rear suffers quite a bit compared to the competition, but it did not impact me at all, since I am always driving to work by myself. Definitely acceptable for around the city trips with friends, but not for extended road trips. Your mileage may vary. -Voice commands, Bluetooth audio/phone integration. A must for my geekn

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2014 Mazda Mazda3

The redesigned 2014 Mazda3 is far from perfect, but it gives small-car shoppers an alluring choice outside and in, with a satisfying mix of efficiency and performance.

Mazda's redesigned commuter car remains cramped, and a drive along the mountain roads northeast of San Diego at a media preview hosted by Mazda suggests little advancement in ride quality. But the automaker should win new buyers with this redesign. As before, the Mazda3 comes in hatchback and sedan body styles; expect a high-performance Mazdaspeed3 version in the coming months or years (Mazda officials were still mum on details). Click here to stack up the 2014 and 2013 Mazda3.

Sedans and hatchbacks come in "i" and "s"... Read More