2017 Mazda3

2017 Mazda Mazda3

Have You Driven the 2017 Mazda Mazda3?

Fun to drive compact car

by keeponshifting from Jarrettsville, MD on Wed Apr 26 2017

I recently bought a Mazda 3 sport manual transmission car to use as my commuter car. My other car is a minivan so this thing drives like a dream! I test drove several honda models and hands down I preferred the mazda in almost every aspect. The only review I can't comment on yet is reliability. I hope to have this car for 15 years. I upgraded to the popular equipment package to get the alloy wheels and better safety features such as blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. I must say after several rainy days, I don't know how I lived without rain-sensing windshield wipers. The interior looks expensive, is very comfortable and the controls are well placed and easy to use. This is my first car with a screen. Our local dealership offers tech Tuesdays and I'll be taking advantage of that! I think the mazda handles great, hugs the road and shifts beautifully. It may not be the most powerful car in it's group but this little car is no slouch and blast to drive. I am averaging 33 mpg combined, with mostly city driving after a week of owning the car. I have no doubt I'll get well over 40 mpg on the highway. This car fits my needs perfectly and for the price the quality can't be beat! I love my new Mazda3!

Fun, beautiful and quality

by Zoom123 from New York, NY on Fri Apr 07 2017

Just bought a 2017 mazda3 grand touring. It has all the features and comfort of a luxury vehicle with a better price tag. I look forward to every drive in this car. It's feature rich, comfortable and fast/fun! Was pleasantly surprised that it comes with roadside assistance for the length of the warranty.

Zoom, zoom is mine!

by "Feeling Special" from on Sun Feb 19 2017

I bought a 2017 Mazda3 5 door Grand Touring in Eternal Blue today and I am in heaven! It handles fantastic, looks fabulous, and is mine! This car is so sweet and the power it has is unbelievable. A car with looks, power, and comfort that does not break your bank account.

Zoom Zoom!

by mcm0455 from Cottonwood Heights, Utah on Tue May 30 2017

I bought this car a few weeks ago and love it! The manual transmission and direct steering are fantastic! After years of boring awd Subaru's, I am finally enjoying driving again. Every time that I get in this little cruiser, I have a big smile on my face. With 700 miles on the odometer I am averaging nearly 30 mpg in mostly city driving. Looking forward to some long road trips this summer with my family. Hands down, the best seats of any car that I have owned. The interior is gorgeous, looks like something in a 50g german car. Mazda really did their homework with this hatchback!

Mazda 3

by Foster1118 from Pensacola, FL on Fri Mar 17 2017

Great car so far, had it a month and still finding new little features. Engine has some pep when needed and a very smooth ride with surprisingly quite a bit of room inside. Command knob feature for display is great. I just wish the Touring edition came with fog lights and an auto dimming rear view mirror.

I love it.

by Mila from Buffalo, NY on Wed Apr 12 2017

I've had my Mazda 3 for a month now. I absolutely love it. It is so much fun to drive. We took it on a 1,000 mile road trip last week, and it was very comfortable to travel in. The only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the sound system. We got the grand touring model, with the Bose speakers, etc. The sound is ok, but it is not great. Not nearly as rich and full as I was expecting. Other than that, I have no complaints, just compliments.

G-vectoring review

by Mazda #7 from on Mon Jun 19 2017

I compared my 017 Mazda 3 with my wife's 016 Mazda 3 and there is a definite handling improvement. Going around turns is the most noticeable. What Mazda claims with their G-Vectoring is right on.

We like this car a lot

by Zoom, Zoom from Northern Virginia on Sat Jun 03 2017

As a former (and current) VW owner, we were looking for alternative models to buy: we looked at comparably priced cars with Toyota, Ford, Honda, and Hyundai and finally settled on the Mazda 3. While it's handling isn't quite up to the Jetta, it's exterior is much more elegant and the interior is better designed. It also has a much peppier acceleration and a very good overall ride. We decided to go for the Grand Touring model, so many of the upgrades (leather seats, navigation, moon roof, etc.) were included. We are very happy with this car so far.

love driving this car

by sargekkk1 from on Tue Apr 18 2017

Thank you Vinnie and Kim! Great driving car. Sporty, yet efficient. Gets me where I need to go. Love the sport model. Color is great. Mileage is spot on. You've gotta drive this car!

One Month Review

by Senai Worku from Silver Spring, MD on Mon Apr 24 2017

One month into driving my 2017 Mazda3 Hatchback, and I have to say that it is a very enjoyable car to drive, very responsive, and undeniably good looking. After a long period of ownership, I will update my review.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2017 Mazda Mazda3

The verdict:

The Mazda3 remains a dream car for driving enthusiasts who want an affordable compact, but a few drawbacks blunt its appeal among practical-minded shoppers.

Versus the competition:

Refined drivetrains and expert handling still distinguish the Mazda3, but rivals have larger backseats and plusher ride quality in an increasingly family-friendly field.

Mazda updated its compact mainstay for 2017 with a few styling tweaks, some interior upgrades and more noise insulation. As before, the Mazda3 comes as a sedan or hatchback with a choice of two engines, each with a manual or automatic transmission. We tested a manual Mazda3 Grand Touring, the highest of three trim levels (Sport, Touring and Grand Touring). Compare them here, or stack up the 2016 and 2017 Mazda 3 here.

Exterior and Styling

Mazda's updates for 2017 are subtle, including reshaped foglight portals, new grille framework that blends into the headlights, and an updated rear bumper on the hatchback. Blink and you'll miss them, but that's for the better. This is the... Read More