2010 Mazda5

2010 Mazda Mazda5

2010 Mazda Mazda5

Have You Driven the 2010 Mazda Mazda5?

Affordable Family Friendly Fun Sporty Mom Vehicle!

by Mom of two with Dog :) from Long Island, NY on Sun Mar 06 2011

I am 38 years old and I have NEVER had a New Car until now. I DID my research. I looked at tons of Suv's, Crossovers and Minivans. What I wanted was simple. I wanted a vehicle that was safe, fun to drive, roomy, had good gas mileage and was AFFORDABLE! We are a family of FOUR with a large dog, but I wanted to be able to accomodate another person or two if need be, once in a while. I wanted my children to be able to get in and out easily. I didn't want to look like I had a "MOM" vehicle, and i didn't want anything bulky. I found the Mazda5 and I just love it! It's a fun to drive Mini Minivan Wagon type of car with a sporty edge. On the outside, you would never know that it could seat 6 passengers because it it small enough and resembles a car or a small suv. I love the sliding doors! I love the armrests! I love that it is low enough to the ground which makes it easy for my children to get in and out of. I love the second row bucket seats and the storage beneath them! I love all the cargo space it has when the third row seats are down; yet i can accomodate two more people if need be. It has great gas mileage! It has great visability and it is fun to drive and maneuvers very well! I like that it is automatic with the option to switch into manual mode too! Basically, this vehicle is the SIZE of a car with all the QUALITIES of a Minivan/Crossover/SUV! It really is a multifunctional vehicle! It's AFFORDABLE, FAMILY FRIENDLY and FUN! I would recommend this vehicle to any small size family who just needs a little extra room sometimes.

THE Perfect Car for a Young Family

by J Love from Lexington, KY on Sun Jun 13 2010

My wife and I have an 8 month old child and often haul around kids from our church as well. We began to realize that we needed a mini-van but we didn't really WANT a mini-van. That's when we found the "mini" mini-van...the Mazda5. We had never seen this car before but it is absolutely perfect for a family with 2-4 young children. The car seat fits perfectly and the adjustable, sliding, fold-able 2nd and 3rd row seats make the 5 extremely versatile for a variety of seating/towing arrangements. The Mazda5 is really the only car of its kind on the market and once you drive one and feel how great it handles (and don't worry about the 4-cylinder...it has plenty of pep) and rides you will be convinced that this is the best car, for the money, on the market for young families.

Great space, great gas mileage!

by Happy Camper from on Mon Apr 09 2012

I LOVE my Mazda 5!! Was looking to upgrade from a sedan to an SUV without sacrificing fuel economy. The Mazda 5 is the answer. Love the sliding passenger doors. Love the rear captain's chairs and my kids do too. Love the optional 3rd row seat. It is small, but functional. Love all the extra room! With all the seats folded down we were able to fit a Queen size inflatable matress in the back on a cold night while camping. Fuel economy has been great - averaging 24mpg consitently, and up to 28 with highway driving. Drives smooth and easy with the feel of a smaller vehicle. The whole family loves our Mazda 5!!

Fun To Drive

by Angelscutoo from West Virginia on Thu Jul 15 2010

I love my Mazda5 Grand Touring. It has all the extras of cars costing thousands more. It is fun to drive. Could use a few more cup holders but the number is adequate. I bought the Copper Red Hue and it just sparkles in the sun. You will love the second row under seat storage. The vehicle looks like a slightly smaller mini van but with sporty options such as the spoiler. Heated seats, heated mirrors, 6 CD Player, Bluetooth on the steering wheel as well as vol. and mode control. Also love the back window windshield wiper and the front wipers have a sensor that starts them when it rains. Mine also has climate control so what more can a person need?

Great Alternative Vehicle

by 2 Job Commuter from Southern New England on Tue May 17 2011

Great Little Car. I used this generalization for anyone that doesn't feel like reading a wordy review. I bought my 2010 Mazda 5 Station Wagon about 2 months ago and have put about 7000 miles on it. My wife and I use the car to commute to our jobs twice a day because we work different shifts. In short 100 miles a day is the norm and the vehicle has taken it in stride. We have a base model Mazda 5 with an automatic and all around driving between the 2 of us, city/highway has averaged about 25 to 26mpg every time. This is the third new car I've owned in the past 4 years and I would rate it as well as my Toyota RAV 4 or my Chevy Malibu. I would give the vehicle a 5 in all categories because I feel this is a great alternative to a minivan or even a small SUV (I have owned both). It does not have the overall headroom of a minivan, but the setup does allow you to move from the front to middle to rear seat without exiting the vehicle (you must be a little nimble though). It does not have the AWD capability or ground clearence of an SUV either, but with traction control and front wheel drive, it won't leave you stranded on a slippery incline. My biggest hangups with the vehicle are the following: Comfort: This is a small wagon. I'm 6'1" and with a car seat in the back, I'm pretty much pushed just about as far forward as I can go and still maintain enough comfort on a multiple hour journey. (My wife is 5'6" and finds it perfect). The seats are very upright though and getting in and out is pretty easy, even for my father, who has a bad hip. Exterior Styling: Sorry. It is ugly. To make it worse, it looks and acts just like a mini-mini-van. (Had to be a low point right?) Interior Design: The vehicle is actually very nicely layed out on the interior, but it's anything but plush. Containers and boxes are just that. No interal orgainzers or covers, just simple open compartments to drop in your change or sunglasses, pens, cell phone, etc. Other that those minor points and that a small plastic piece of trim lost 2 fasteners in the first week we had it, the car's been pretty good. As a whole I'd say its a great "all around vehicle" if you can get beyond the styling. It's not as good on gas as a small commuter seadn, but it has infinite amounts more cargoe space. It's not AWD and only a 4cyl, but our second car does have AWD for the 1 to 2 days a year its an absolute necessity in this region and I dont need a V8 because we don't tow (and gas is over $4.00/gal). It has seating for 6, but the third row is for KIDS ONLY. There is litterally no leg room for 2 adults. The only other car I can think of that truly met all the same standards of the Mazda 5 was the KIA Rondo, but thats not being imported anymore from what I'm told.

Best New Car

by All around Performer from Long Island, NY on Wed Mar 10 2010

This car truly is the best of all worlds Great styling, versatility, comfort, handling. Car drives very smooth, nice acceleration, comfortable seats, great ergonomics, roomy rear captain seats, excellent headlights, Blue tooth,. etc GT version has virtually everything you could want for a very reasonable price considering alternatives. 0% financing to boot! Ive been researching this car for three years and so glad I finally bought one Thanks Mazda!

Spectacular Value & MPG for 6-seater

by Mom Around Town from Southeastern Michigan on Fri Jul 09 2010

I was so geeked to find this automobile. I got the basic sport trim package in a manual transmission and I feel guilty driving such a fun car while carrying around five people (besides myself). The cargo space with all six seats up is minimal, but since I'm only in need of extra seating occasionally, I very much enjoy the extra cargo room (with the rear two seats folded down). There was nothing else (especially in a manual transmission) that seated more than 5 and was in our price range. Plus the safety is top notch and the MPG is ridiculous! My kids are way easier to get into their car seats compared to my four door sedan. I'm stoked and telling my friends.

fun car to drive

by OLD MAN driver from lakeland ,florida on Fri Jan 29 2010

this is my 2nd mazda 5 had a 2008 traded for a 2010 my wife drives it the most and she LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT. turning radis is tremendous and gas mileag is very good for a van. we took it on vacation on from florida to new jersey and the mpg were outstanding.

Great size for a family but style.

by Mazda5Ruth from Avilla,In on Sat Apr 08 2017

I love the size and styling. It has a bit of road noise and the suspension has needed repairs. We also had to replace the transmission. The vehicle gets very good gas mileage. I like the fact that it still looks stylish even though it can haul a crew. The seats fold down easily for extra hauling space.

Worth the price I paid

by kc from Rockville MD on Tue Mar 08 2011

I am really enjoying my commute considering the price which we had to pay for this new Mazda5 2010. When all 4 back seats are folded down its very roomy, especially after buy our new house it worth every penny, surely recommend anybody

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2010 Mazda Mazda5

The small-minivan idea is a good one, yet most minivan models have either grown or — in the case of Mazda's MPV — disappeared. Complete with three rows of two seats each and the genre-defining sliding side doors, the Mazda5 is arguably the only small van on the market — a microvan. It's so much smaller than others in its segment that comparing it with minivans is pointless. It's closer in size — inside and out — to compact crossovers, but its closest competitor is the Kia Rondo, which has a similar layout and an optional third-row seat, but four conventional hinged side doors.

On its own merits, the Mazda5 is pleasant enough to drive and live with... Read More