2010 Mazda Mazda 5

Most reliable car I've owned.

by from Boston, MA on August 29, 2017

This car met all my needs. It has plenty of legroom in the front and back. Plenty of storage in the back when the fifth and sixth seats are folded down.

Runs great and very sporty

by from Margate, Flroida on May 21, 2017

My Mazda 5 is one of the best cars I have ever had. It is very peppy with excellent gas mileage. I wish I could keep it. However we have two other cars and can not afford the extra insurance.

Great size for a family but style.

by from Avilla,In on April 8, 2017

I love the size and styling. It has a bit of road noise and the suspension has needed repairs. We also had to replace the transmission. The vehicle gets very good gas mileage. I like the fact that it still looks stylish even though it can haul a crew. The seats fold down easily for extra hauling space.

Very Versatile

by from Boston, MA on March 25, 2017

Wanted something with a small 3rd row (mainly for kids) that wasn't a big honking minivan or SUV. This fits the bill nicely. Gets better mileage than a minivan and SUV, and is smaller/easier to manage. Pretty much a station wagon with sliding doors and a foldable 3rd row. exactly what I needed. Great interior, easier to manuever inside and out. Bummer they aren't making it any more.

Great salesperson Mario Mankowski

by from IL on October 7, 2014

Great experience, Mario Mankowski was so helpful . Told me everything what I need to know , answers all my question thank you.

2010 Mazda 5

by from Southeast on May 14, 2014

I had researched this vehicle for about two weeks, looked at a few of them and finally test drove a 2010 touring with cloth interior an 59k moles. The seats in this vehicle were exteramly uncomfortable. The back seats are short and the seating position is such that my legs did not touch the seat cushion. Further the seat cushion are extremely short. The drivers seat is nearly as bad as the rear seat. It's narrow with very short cushions. Further the seats are very firm with saddle soreness occurring 20 minutes into the test drive. My companion testers feet went to sleep while driving (never happened on any other test vehicle).

first family car

by from raleigh, nc on October 31, 2012

love our mazda 5, it drives smooth, handles well, and is reliable. there is enough room to transport the 4 of us (2 toddlers and 2 adults) and have extra room in the back with the 3rd row up or down. the only complaint i would have is the sound system. there are only speakers in the back and front, it would be nice to have speakers in the middle and a sun roof. but other than that, this is an EXCELLENT MINI MINI Van and will recommend to a small family looking for a little more room.

So long 4 door sedans!

by from Louisiana on April 11, 2012

We LOVE our Mazda5. Bucket seats for everyone in the family (4 of us). Easy to maneuver a car seat and store a stroller plus groceries in the back. A full 18 feet of storage if you fold all the seats down - we got our 46in TV in the car (with all 4 of us in it). Gas mileage is 27 on the road and 23 in town. Both Consumer Reports and Mazda under-report this figure as 21/27. The ride is smooth and it handles like a smaller car. Not at all top heavy like a full-size minivan. Mazda got it right with this one. Sadly, our Mazda5 was totaled in a car accident. Everyone, all 4 of us walked away from a front end impact going 40-45mph. Our next car, a 2012 Mazda5 Grand Touring. We are selecting a different color but find the Xenon headlights and leather interior a must for our family. We found that our Galaxy Grey w black leather interior was HOT in the summer and the car is difficult to see; we had several near misses. Our other complaint was that a Bose sound system is not available on this Mazda - Boo Hiss. We also will be adding remote start to help with the cool down in the scorching summers.

Great space, great gas mileage!

by from on April 9, 2012

I LOVE my Mazda 5!! Was looking to upgrade from a sedan to an SUV without sacrificing fuel economy. The Mazda 5 is the answer. Love the sliding passenger doors. Love the rear captain's chairs and my kids do too. Love the optional 3rd row seat. It is small, but functional. Love all the extra room! With all the seats folded down we were able to fit a Queen size inflatable matress in the back on a cold night while camping. Fuel economy has been great - averaging 24mpg consitently, and up to 28 with highway driving. Drives smooth and easy with the feel of a smaller vehicle. The whole family loves our Mazda 5!!

Shouldn't have bought a rental

by from Syracuse on October 20, 2011

I love my car, I just shouldn't have bought a previous rental. I have had the ABS and rear struts repaired. Luckily it's still under warranty. I love the versatility and size. It still feels like I'm driving a car. Just had a Mazda6 as a loaner, and while I liked the 6, my 5 has better pickup and the engine is quieter.

Our Expert Review: 2010 Mazda Mazda 5