2008 Mazda6

2008 Mazda Mazda6

2008 Mazda Mazda6

Have You Driven the 2008 Mazda Mazda6?

2nd mazda 6, and loving it

by truluvclothing from Keller, Tx on Sat May 15 2010

This is my second Mazda 6 to own, and I am still very impressed with this vehicle, given my expectations are low as I am not a loaded rich picky person. lol. I had owned a 03 mazda 6i for almost 7 years, and the only thing I had small problems with or did not like on it was the transmission. It was a little bit rough, given it had been abused at the beginning of its life. All in all, I was very impressed with it, and very attached to it. The 2008 model seems to have been robbed of small details that I do miss. First off, the refinement (more so the fit and finish I should say) is not as well as my 03 model was. Ex: Dash isnt near as seamless as the 03 model was. My only other gripes are small items such as: The power for the base I4 is mediocre at best. It was dropped to 156 as opposed to 160. I know its only 4 hp, but this car needs all the hp help it can get!! All I am trying to say is that a 08 model car in this class should have at least 175 hp. I know 09 was a new bodystyle, but they could have squeezed just a little bit more power out of the 08 before the redesign... My model does not have a trunk opener, nor the trunk lock button hidden in the glove box, so that nobody can open your trunk without the proper key. This seems to be a cost cutter for Mazda seeing as my 03 was the exact same model specs as the new one minus the Bose audio convenience package I had before The paint on the plastics seem more vulnerable than the older models. The cheap feel is more present in this vehicle than the older model, but I still love the car nonetheless. The only thing that does look better is the center console. I like how the stereo is black now. It adds a nice touch (08 model keep in mind). I do also LOVE the 5 speed auto sporttronic. It is a lot more enjoyable than the old 4 speed auto sporttronic. Oddly enough, the gas mileage seems the same, if not worse. Could be my driving but who knows. This car is reliable so far, and my old one was 95% flawless with reliability up until it got totaled. Whoever said a mazda 6 4cyl is unreliable either had a lemon, treats it bad, or is lying. Ive had two, and neither gave me problems. Overall, I would completely recommend this to young teens, college kids, or an adult who wants a bargain car. You get the volume controls on the steering, cruise control, ac, etc. all for a fair price. The handling of car is amazing for its class, with the negative rear camber, sports tire ratings and sizes, and available sporttronic to make handling a breeze. There is some body roll and slight understeer as expected of this car type, but its a strong competitor in its class for handling. Now that im rambling, ill just leave with this. Its a great starter car. Ive owned one since I was 16, and I am almost 23, and it never gave me problems!

GREAT CAR

by Mazdas car enthusiast from Brainerd, MN on Thu Jun 10 2010

These are great cars, i have to drive over 100 miles for work everyday and my mazda 6 2.3 hatchback has never ever left me second guessing weither she will get me there or not...very very reliable cars. Pros: handling, style, fuel econ, exhaust note when stepping on it. Cons: its only a 2.3 so i wish somethimes i would have gotten the v6 ( but it doesnt have problems thriple passing people on two lane roads...i have been known for my lead foot) MORE FEATURES PLEASE. Over all its a great car for a first time driver, and style you cant beat.

Change the Transmission Fluid !

by Par.Guy from Crossville, TN on Thu Apr 03 2014

Bought my 2008 with 67K miles as a 2nd car for me. Wife has our 'new' car .I Liked the body style. THIS IS WHY I am making comments: Consumer Reports says 2008 transmission: "problem." After 500 or so miles, MY automatic Transmission developed heavy "clunk" on 4th and 5th gears. Oh Oh ... Expensive transmission problem coming. Dealer Service said: "won't get any better.. Just matter of time to fail." Mazda HDQ > Too old to assist in a repair." So ... I had my tranmission flushed plus New Synthetic Fluid installed . My 2008 Mazda did continue to "clunk" for a while. BUT, after about 1500 miles of driviing my Mazda... including a 75MPH 1000 mile trip... 4th/5th gear CLUNKS DISAPPEARED! Shifts normally NOW! So, if having transmission problems: Flush and Change your Transmission Fluid!

Excellent car for the price

by Happy Mazda owner from Granite Falls, WA on Tue Aug 28 2012

I bought this car for my wife four years ago and now it's mine. I love this car! I have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and this car is the most reliable, comfortable and stylish vehicle I have owned for the money I spent. I plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off, especially since they did away with the hatchback version.

Very reliable car

by Tech 49 from Toronto, Canada on Sun Mar 01 2015

Bought new in 2008. Owned the car for the last 7 years. Basically add gas and change oil. Always starts. Reliable. Dependable. Fun to drive. Gets me from point A to point B safely and with the Manual transmission it is enjoyable to drive. Not sure how the new versions of the 6 are but this generation is very well built. I don't work for Mazda.

So far so good.

by New mazda fan from Ventura, CA on Tue Apr 09 2013

I've purchased Hondas, Toyota, Chevrolet and a host of other cars and so far am very happy with the Mazda 6. Hits include the exterior styling and interior features. It feels like a sports car, but has nice leg room in the back seats. I like how the truck folds out to add more storage into the back seat area. 6 CD changer is a nice touch. A/C is good, but there is a small jerk going from 3rd to 4th gear on the automatic transmission. Well worth the money.

MAZDA'S BEST VALUE TO OWN

by RUSTY B from PITTSBURGH, PA on Tue Dec 18 2012

THIS IS MY THIRD MAZDA I HAVE OWNED. I OWN A LEXUS 300 AND A CHRYSLER 300, BUT THE MAZDA 6 IS MY EVERYDAY CAR I REALLY ENJOY DRIVING.

In Love

by AmmeeDee from on Tue Dec 11 2012

All I can say is I love my Mazda 6. There is not enough space to talk about all the wonder feutures and the great performance of this car. I highly recomend to others. Great gas milieage in todays economy.

Most reliable sedans on the road today

by Mazda Fanatic from Twin Cities, MN on Wed Jan 22 2014

This was my 4th Mazda I had bough brand new, and I love mazda's so much that I am no working for the company! Safe, Reliable, VERY FUN to drive, and stylish makes it a win win. Now with the latest technologies - gas mileage is a win win for Mazda!

A car I had exeriences with

by Miley from California on Mon Oct 15 2007

My sister has the mazda6 and I drive it all the time, and I have test drived it a number of times. It is all around a pretty good car, but rather uncomfortable seating, and iffy stearing control. The Mazda6 is a beautiful looking car. I would rate it a 5 1/2-6 out of 10.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Mazda Mazda6

My husband loves those ginormous Chinese buffets that offer miles upon miles of gleaming, steaming cuisine. He takes a deep breath and a warmed plate and wades in to lay waste to the landscape; basically, he's all about quantity. I, however, am not quite so excited by those prospects. You see, I know the kung pao chicken, mu shu pork and lo mein aren't going to live up to the hype. In the end, regardless of how much I choose to load on my plate, I'm going to come away unsatisfied. I had that same experience driving the Mazda6. It looked really pretty in my driveway and has an impressive list of features and options. By all indications, it should be a great car, yet I found it to be extraordinarily mediocre... Read More