2006 Mazda MazdaSpeed6 consumer reviews

$27,995 starting MSRP
side view of 2006 MazdaSpeed6 Mazda
Explore the 2006 Mazda MazdaSpeed6

super fun car to drive, handles great and is fast

this car was what i wanted in a fun sporty vehicle, it has that wolf in sheeps clothes feel to it. I always enjoy driving it.

nicest car I have ever driven!

this is my 6th mazda, going back to 1979. After 5 years I still love driving it. only scheduled maintenance needed. new front brakes at 78,600 miles. wonderful performance , 23-25 mpg on premium.

4.4

Fun car

Car is very fun to drive and makes me happy. Starting to have some issues which my service contract should cover but all in all great car.

6 years ownership sold with great compliments from

I owned the vehicle for over 6 years until I sold it to a couple, which they could not believed how clean it was. I love the car its powerful fun to drive and the AWD was so much fun going through snow, wet condition. I had over 160K miles on it with no major repairs. Regular Fully Synthetic oil changes, brakepads, and a lot of set of tires LOL and a pairs of wheel bearing. If today it has the aggressive look like the miata a awd and sky active turbo. Iwill buy it again!

4.1

Really fun and exciting

Really fun car. I love that it came as a 6speed awd vehicle. Felt great in snow and a blast when it worked. I did have issues within a few months of owning it. Turbo that was going out at 80k and injectors that had to be replaced. I ended up selling before I had any major issues. But for what it was knowing the issues i would own it again. Just a clean well maintained example is hard to find I feel.

2.7

Race Car

Overall this car is not too bad when it comes to racing, rally and such. When it comes to daily driving I probably would not recommend it to anyone.

I Will Always Love My Speed6

This is the car that got me in love with cars. Very fun zippy, and unique. nice look to the car and if you get the GT package leather heated seats look very clean if they aren't torn. Bose audio very crisp. No Aux cord in visible sight there is one behind the deck. 18 inch wheels compared to the 16 inch wheels on the regular mazda6. any Mazda dealership will work on it which is very nice. Common issues about these cars are, turbos go out about every 100k transmission and motor mounts go out about every 100k, some transmissions go out faster than others. most people replace the motor before 200k.

4.3

Most bang for your bucks.

I had this car for about 2 years before the tornado totaled it. I had lots of upgrades put into it. I honestly prefer the Speed6 over EVO and STI. The interior doesn't look cheap like the other performance turbo cars. You can also gain great amount of HP for little money and it's a great commuter as well. I loved the car and I missed it.

4.4

Exciting Car to Drive

This car is very exciting to drive. When the turbo kicks in you can feel it and shifts smoothly through the whole gear box.

Sleeper

Great vehicle. Had it for 11 years. Very deceptively fast. Only thing I had to replace outside normal maintenance was window motor, banjo bolt, and oil cooler gasket.