2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata consumer reviews

$21,280 starting MSRP
side view of 2002 MX-5 Miata Mazda
Explore the 2002 Mazda MX-5 Miata

It’s still a head turner!

I bought my Miata about 7 years ago. It’s a base model- British racing green. I get more compliments and offers to purchase the car - it’s unbelievable! While my automatic is not great on gas with 110k miles, I’ve only had to replace the brakes. I really enjoy how tight it handles... what a great car!

This is my third one!

Purchased it used with 38,00 miles on it. I am the 3rd owner and it is the 3rd Miata I have owned. The others were a 1990 and a 1992. It is the LS model with factory installed mudflaps and spoiler and has the automatic 4 speed transmission. We love the ride and handling and style. We use it on weekends and go for long rides. Lot's of fun.

Found my dream convertible

This car is fulfilling my bucket list wish to own a convertible. It only has 47k miles on it on is 17 years young. It’s a blast.

4.4

This car is F U N

This is a great little car. Upgraded entertainment to include Apple Car Play, Sirius, Google Maps, Waze, etc. Car handles well has enough power and is just plain F U N.

4.3

Most reliable & fun convertible car I ever had

The car is way more stronger I thought it was. I traveled for 3 hours under heavy rain from MKE ato Madison WI ( 8/20/2018) at night and the Miata not just survived , performed like a champion . A not the car, my skills and luck ! I huge nothing but respect for this car!

3.9

Very reliable and reasonable to maintain. Fun litt

Great sports car for fun and running around town, very reliable and easy to maintain. They hold their value well. Parts are reasonable and readily available.

Newest edition

One of the purest driving experiences. With the increasing push of automotive enthusiasts who want cheap fun cars they are increasing in value and have gone up roughly 60% in the past two years. The things to watch out for is frame rail rust which will result in exponential repair costs.

Most reliable car I have owned

Great car for money. Fun to drive. Just wish I didn't need high test gas. But it runs better and gets better gas mileage. Love the crystal blue color with tan interior.

Middle-aged mom fun!

Great gas mileage in a fun-to-drive manual. Being able to drive with the top down is even more fun. Good autocross car.

Classy looks

If you've always wanted a convertible, this is the right vehicle for you. Excellent gas mileage, 5 speed transmission gives the extra feeling of power on the roadway. Sleek lines since its inception. Has been a trouble free auto over the last 10 years.