2008 MX-5 Miata

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata?

Zooooom!

by Car Chick from NJ on Tue Apr 03 2012

I have always wanted a cute little convertible sports car, so I decided to get one in my "golden years". If not now, when? With the help of Cars.com, I found the perfect car. It was exactly as the description read and the pictures were great! This little car handles great and just zips around...and parking is a breeze. Now every time I just want to get away from it all, I just hop in and clear my head and enjoy the scenery. The weather should be getting warm enough soon, so the convertible top will go down and my spirits will go up!!!

BEST CARS I'VE EVER SOLD!

by miatasportscar from GENEVA, NY on Fri Sep 18 2009

As one of the largest used Miata MX5 dealers in upstate NY, all I can say is after selling 136 of them, NOT ONE CAME BACK for any warranty work! The reliability of this sports car is second to none. It drives, handles, and stops as good as any $100,000 sports car, even better in some respects, as it is so nimble to drive, so easy to park. The workmanship is superb, the paintwork from the factory is flawless. Fit and finish right down to the switches and controls are perfect. Having sold cars for 46 years, all I can say is if you wanted a sports car, and want the "best there is" at a reasonable price, the MX5 will fill your dreams. Nothing is as much fun to own and drive. I always keep one for a "driver", even if I wasn't a dealer, I'd have one ready for top down fun. Highly recommended.

Miata Hardtop

by Carrot from Seattle on Wed Mar 28 2012

This is my third Miata, they are the most fun to drive, wouldn't have anything else, I have never done anything except the regular maintenance, and they have been the most trouble-free cars I have owned.

Most Fun In A Car Ever!!

by mdpitt from Morristown, TN on Tue Feb 28 2012

I purchased used with 18,000 miles. In 6 months, I now have 25,500 miles. This is my everyday car. It's not stored in the garage and only driven in sunshine. It's driven everyday, rain, snow, ice, sunshine, etc. and left outside in the weather everynight. That being said, it's a great car!!! More than fun to drive, peppy, handles great, reliable, and it rides and handles like a sports car that it is. If you are on bumpy roads, you will feel the road the same as if you are on a curvey mountain road with the top down and the wind in your hair. Don't expect it to ride like a Buick. It handles wonderfully and with full confidence. Mazda, don't ever give up on this car!! I love to put the convertible top down on nice days and I like the built in roll bars for safety. The engine is strong and smooth and only gets noisy when driven hard. Even though the car uses high octane gas, it gets 32 MPG on the highway and overall 28 MPG. The door cup holders are a mistake and are instrusive on the knees and Mazda should eliminate them completely. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking to actually drive their car!!

MX-5 Fan !

by MX-5 ( 4 ever ! ) from Greensboro, N.C. on Sun Dec 02 2007

I recently purchased an '08 Marble White Grand Touring Cloth Top, and I must say.... this car has exceeded every expectation! Mazda definitely knows how to make great sports cars. Don't let the 166 horsepower figure fool you.... Mazda has put a lot of effort in reducing weight when possible. This auto, below 2500 lbs. , moves very well. I am 6 feet tall and have no trouble getting comfortable in this car. I thought about getting the automatic, but finally decided on the six speed. ( I am so glad I got the manual transmission) After only 8 weeks of ownership, I find when I change gears, it can be done with an almost imperceptible flick of the wrist. The manual transmission fits this car's sporting nature, and IS a joy to use. I have owned two convertibles in the past, and never really thought that much of top down driving. In the MX-5 you find yourself yearning to put the top down. When you figure in the Lotus-like handling, Bose audio, and legendary dependability, even the most mundane trips can be very exciting. What more can you ask of a vehicle ? Do yourself a favor, buy one ! I feel it is obvious that I made the right choice every time I start my MX up. I would highly recommend the optional 'key that stays in your pocket' (great idea) Everyone should consider this vehicle !!!

Great fun

by 1st timer convertible from Texas on Mon Apr 19 2010

First time I've owned a small sports car and glad I do. A super fun drive, handling and acceleration very respectable. No Bluetooth or iPhone connectivity my only complaint.

Back to Fun

by Coach from Longmont, Colorado on Tue Sep 13 2011

It's been 23 years since my last sports car, an 85 Porsche Carrera, sold because my first daughter came along and I couldn't get the child seat in and out without visiting the chiropractor. Wow I have missed the pure joy of nimble handling, throttled response and wind in my face that this Miata embodies. Add great mpg, better than 30, and as high as 36, and it's almost a blend of high valued fun and practicality - almost! Although my 6'1" frame gloves in, the seat could use a lumbar feature. And even though it's the Gran Touring model, expected features like climate gauges, compass, MP3 plug in, and average mpg are missing. Also, if you need to hear your cell conversations, invest in a good headset or get the hardtop version. Still for the $'s the performance, reliability and exhilaration are unmatched.

Best little commuter & run-a-round machine

by LeeFromDelaware from dover,de on Tue May 14 2013

Bought my '08 used, 20 months & 15k miles ago. No spare tire, premium gas, & noise when cruising above 50 mph, are downsides that are off-set by revving thru the 6-speed and listening to the MGB-tuned exhaust on a 70-degree day with the top down. winding, curvy roads are also a treat - even when driving off to the mines every day. she's still putting a smile on my face & my passengers. the engine-lite came on once; was reset & i haven't had any other electro-mechanical issues. top flips down in seconds - with one hand. goes up in 15-20 seconds - but, at 60, i usually need 2 hands. top hasn't leaked a drop yet. you only live once; maybe twice if ur lucky. go ahead & make ur day. i love this car. i heard this is the car clint eastwood drives around.

Great fun

by fuzzy duck from minneapolis on Tue Nov 22 2011

Any deficiencies in the design are quickly forgotten by the fun factor. Go cart like handling is very responsive and a blast in the corners.

Most fun car ever

by Rolly from Ottawa Canada on Thu Jan 22 2009

The 2008 Miata GT PRHT 6 speed automatic with paddle shift is the best compromise roadster ever built. It completely satisfies both the his & her requirements. This is our 3rd & best Miata. We have owned all 3 generations.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Upon hearing that I was testing a 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata, my friend Meredith told me her Miata story. When she went to buy her first car after her daughter was born, she settled on a station wagon. After the ink dried on all the paperwork, her husband asked her if she was excited. She said that while she was content with the wagon, there was really a Miata in her soul.

This wasn't the only story I heard from people about the deep fulfillment attained from a Miata (from driving it, that is). And I get it - oh, do I get it. On the first sunny day I had with it, I became a confirmed convertible addict. There is nothing in the world that can't be worked out from inside the cockpit of a Miata. It's a... Read More