1991 Mazda Protege

The best older car for the money

by from Anderson, SC on September 3, 2011

I have this same type of car. Very easy on pocketbook. OOil changed every 3000 mi. Inexpensive insurrance and taxes. Has moonroof. Good condition. Original parts and paint. Purchased used with 1200 mi. Never given a days worth of trouble. Maintained by Madza Dealer. Currently have this car for sale. White with blue interior.

Really not expensive old car

by from Memphis, TN on August 1, 2008

I've got this one about 2 years ago as a spare car but for a last year it was my primary vehicle because of gas prices. It has 180000 miles by today. Very easy to service or to do repairs (in fact I do all repairs by myself). Someone would say why do you keep this old car at all!? Well, on highway it delivers about 38 mpg, car insurance is very cheap ($261 for a whole year!!!) and for these two years I've spend only $170 for new brake pads and master&slave cylinders for clutch. Another very attractive thing about this vehicle is that there is 0% of chances of theft... Most times I don't even lock the doors. I am going to buy brand new Civic hybrid next month however, I would keep this Mazda for backup.

Our Expert Review: 1991 Mazda Protege