1997 Mazda Protege Consumer Reviews

Change Year
1997 Mazda Protege
Average based on 7 reviews

Perfect for Me-I Miss it!

by from Hixson, TN on July 17, 2010

Bought this car off the showroom. Had the right amount of zip & room. The back seat fold down was a great feature. Hood was low enough to see over; same for the back window. Great style, with just the right details. Everyone said, "that car is you." A Ford F150 backed into it in a parking lot, and it was too costly to fix. Insurance deemed it a total loss. I really am bummed, as I planned to drive it a few more years. It was THAT good.

This car is Great

by from San Antonio,, TX on November 18, 2011

I bought this car use in 2005 from a girl that used to live in Germany. It rolled over the millage twice and its still a good and reliable car. I can drive 160 miles on a filled up tank.

My best buy for low cost

by from Okoboji Iowa on May 6, 2008

I have had mine for five years and all I have ever had to fix is tires and recently a stabalizer bar in the rear end that i bent. definate buy i will always buy Mazda again. More reliable than my Honda or Volkswagon.

Worth Every Penny and Mile!

by from Dallas, TX on April 29, 2015

I've had this car for 17 years, with nearly 200,000 miles on it. Only had to replace the clutch once. Once! And passes inspection in all areas every year. Reliable for the time it was built in the 90's, and reliable for today's standards. This car sets the bar for what all cars should do.

Geat car for a student

by from Bethlehem, PA on January 8, 2009

I bought this car used and owned it for 7 years thru H.S. and college. It was a great car for getting around in and going back and forth to school. Plenty of room in the trunk and the back seats split for carrying skies.

best car i owned

by from stephenville, nl on October 14, 2010

this is an amazing car to own for sure. it has amazing room also it looks stylish and haves a lot of power for a 2.0

good vehicle for your money

by from Warren, MI on October 19, 2009

My mazda was a 1993 but it got er done. I bought mine used for 800.00, with about 160,000 miles on it. the only thing i had to replace on it was the radiator (it had a small crack on the top when I bought it) and the distributor cap. but I also used my car for work driving all over Michigan through rain sleet and snow. sometime over a hundred miles in a day. I beat this car and it still would run. if you need a reliable car this is defiantly a good choice.