2005 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda Tribute
Average based on 9 reviews

Never a complaint

by from on December 9, 2010

Bought new and have never had one problem! Comfortable, reliable, spacious, good gas mileage...what's not to like!

Great SUV

by from Manhattan, KS on August 23, 2011

I bought this vehicle 7 years ago and all I have done is change the oil and one set of tires and currently at 60,000 miles. Good mileage, very functional, small and maneuverable. I would consider another one depending on how they change it for 2012.

Great Value

by from Ross, Oh on November 8, 2011

We have the 4 cylinder version that gets great mileage while having adequate power with 5 adults and luggage on board. No mechanical problems. Not the most stylish but a great value.

Trouble free and easy to drive.

by from California on July 7, 2015

I bought the Tribute new in 2005. It now has 88,000 miles on it. Low mileage because I owned 2 cars for 5 of the 10 years I have owned the Tribute. I have only had to buy new tires, brakes, and battery in 10 years. Pretty common replacements. I take excellent care of it and have the oil changed every 3-4 thousand miles. Being a single woman it has been the absolute best car for worry free driving. Most of the miles have been highway miles and I never hesitate to take road trips. I would recommend this car or would sell this car to anyone without any reservations or concerns. My only issue is the road noise. But I will take that over a car that is in the shop every few months.

mileage vs cost of each mile

by from on March 28, 2015

Mileage on car is 222000. Cost me a cluck, tires, oil, air-con compressor. That's it! Think the numbers speak for themselves for the Tribute.

Great Vehicle to own

by from Salt Lake City, Utah on October 15, 2007

I have own this vehicle for 3 years and it has not disappointed me in my expectations. It has been a reliable and confident vehicle on the road. If offers very good value for the money and the dealership has been a pleasure to deal with. I have read articles saying it didn't do as well in the roll over test as would be appreciated but I have never had any reason to confirm this to be a problem. Maybe if you push this vehicle to it's limits it might show up, but in reasonablbe and normal driving it is one great vehicle. I would not hesitate to purchase this vehicle again. It met my expectations.

Confortable

by from Waltham on February 17, 2011

Excellent SUV, I would definitely recommend this car to anybody whose looking for a small and reliable suv

Reliable Mazda Tribute

by from Raleigh, NC on September 26, 2012

We bought the Tribute new, V6 - Auto. We now have over 167,000 miles on it. Never a problem!! Just changed the front brakes and turned the rotors at 150,000 miles. Back brakes are still great! Smooth ride and lots of power for this vehicle. Front seats are a little short! Changed all coolant, hoses and the transmission fluid at 100,000 miles. Change plugs every 75,000 miles, on the 3rd set. However, I would not have had to, as they were still in fair condition, but I did anyway. I use OEM plugs. Oil and filter are changed on schedule using premium full synthetic oil and a OEM oil filter. Great car! Has to be reliable, my wife drives it and can't have her in a vehicle that breaks done, or leaves her stranded on interstates. It is still fun to drive, we love it and it still rides and drives like new. Key is a good car to begin with, and TLC with on time maintenance.

Some features do not exist as advertised

by from on June 8, 2010

Wheels are flaky, there is a loud noise from under the car as you drive. The engine/muffler makes a roaring sound as you step on the gas peddle. This car is suspect, it may look good on the outside but I am pretty sure there are issues. Dealer is not forthcoming with the carfax ..... buyer beware!!!!!!