2006 Tribute

2006 Mazda Tribute

2006 Mazda Tribute

4.1

Have You Driven the 2006 Mazda Tribute?

Good value vehicle.

by Doug45ACP from Clinton, IA on Thu Mar 20 2014

I was looking for a Ford Escape. While doing some research I found that the 2006 Mazda Tribute was made side-by-side with the Escape by Ford here in the U.S. Mine is not fancy. The seats are just something to sit on. I'm not sure why, but mine has no cruise control, but it is a 5-speed. It's 4 cylinder FWD and so far I'm getting very good gas mileage. The exterior looks great and I've had a lot of positive comments about it. This was good buy for me.

2006 Tribute, good value in a used car

by 70 Hoss from Austin TX on Mon Apr 16 2012

Mazdas have recently been rated highest in used car reliability by JD Powers. Good enough for me. I own two 2006 Mazda Tribute i models, both are very reliable and get decent mileage for a 4 cyl. 4000 lb SUV. I also own a 2005 Mazda6i sedan, another great car. Cheap to operate and insure, they are bulletproof and very crash-worthy. My daughters and son-in-law recently survived a 65 mph cow strike, followed 10 seconds later by a t-bone hit at 40 mph by a big pickup pulling a loaded 2 horse trailer wearing a brush bar on the front... can you say "locomotive"? The three passengers came out with only minor bruises. After insurance totaled the rig, my daughter went out and bought another '06 Tribute... Can't blame her. It's one safe and reliable little truck.

I like the car like higher ride.

by Tata from Chandler on Mon Jan 22 2007

I got a 2006 Mazda Tribute now 4 months ago. I love it. It is a inexpensive vehicle, but it looks like a million bucks. I have color matched bumper, which makes it look that much nicer. I like sitting higher up, while not feeling much different from driving a car. I loved all the safety features. The next time I buy a car, if it stays as nice in the years to come, I am likely to get another one.

I love my Mazda

by Kimberly from Georgia on Fri Feb 21 2014

I have been through two accidents with it (being hit from the rear). This car has held up great one was hit by an F150 the other I was just rear ended and they tagged the left side. Got her fixed and she still runs like new.

12 years gone by fast

by ferdy from Carson, CA on Mon Jun 05 2017

Very durable and reliable car I owned it for 12 years with no problem till we need bigger car for our family

Great Mini SUV

by Harvard15 from Jeffersonville, Indiana (Louisville Metro) on Wed Apr 04 2007

This is a great Ford product by a Japanese manufacture. We opted for the Mazda Tribute over the Ford Escape for a different SUV. Seems like tons and tons of Ford Escapes on the road, but not as many Tributes. We live in an Urban part of Southern Indiana and this mobile works well in city traffic with easy maneuvering our congested freeways. We were impressed with its comfort, style and ride. We have owned this vehicle for 2 years and to date have had no problems other than normal scheduled maintenance. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a quality built automobile by Ford Motor. On another note, buy now, because the 2008 Tribute redesign is not very nice, in my opinion.

love this car

by kendall lipcon from atlanta GA on Tue Jun 27 2017

i love this car it is such an amazing car that I could of had for at least 10 more years. it is a reliable car that never fails to protect me. this is a car that I would recommend to anybody especially a new driver

Great little SUV

by Majogi from Tucson on Tue Feb 13 2018

I recently purchased a 2006 Mazda Tribute from a local dealer here in Tucson. For an older vehicle this little SUV has nice style, the interior isn't fancy but it is comfortable and nice looking. The overall ride is smooth and the car itself is easy to drive. I previously had a 99 Jeep Cherokee that I loved and I am equally as happy with this Tribute.

Cute small SUV

by Kayak Karen from Springfield, MO on Sun May 27 2018

The SUV was everything I needed, small compact SUV that has plenty of get up and go, and is 4WD. I have a rack to carry my kayak, lots of leg room inside, and plenty of room for your gear in back.

perfect suv for a first car

by irkeslar from youngstown, ohio on Mon Feb 19 2018

I originally wanted an explorer sport trec or maybe a dodge Dakota for my first car bu ended up with my 2006 Mazda Tribute i trim level with the 2.3L i4. its slow/ish and since its 12 years old the average MPG I get is around 20/21 combined. the seats haven't ripped and the leather stays pretty clean. the optional DVD player has jammed so nacho libre is stuck in there till the next owner decides to remove it. the FWD paired with Cooper all season tires is the perfect set up with little wind noise and amazing grip in the snowy winters and rainy rest of the year in NE Ohio. no body rust and the only rust thats on the frame is surface rust. I removed the OEM stereo and put a touch screen/back up camera set up. works beautifully other than its a some-what loose fit and when driving down the road the stereo squeaks a lot, but music covers that noise like it isn't even there. I have a faulty door ajar sensor so the open door light on the dash is on in the summer months. the door beeper also goes off like crazy too, still cannot find what latch is faulty although I think its one of the two latches in the tail gate. headlights are nice and bright and turn signals are bright also. back seats are about average for an early 2000's mid size suv. decent enough room in the cargo area also with plenty of space where the tire jack is for small things like jumper cables. it can turn on a dime and keeps at 70 Mph pretty well. although I do wish it was a six speed auto instead of the four, sometimes the transmission likes to hold first and second gear just a second or two too long. if you want an inexpensive first car for you or your child the IIHS ratings on it are pretty good. the sixteen and a half gallon fuel tank gets me about 290-320 miles till the needle is about to hit rock bottom. over all its a perfect first car for me and I've loved my little Marsha to death, gonna be sad when I trade it in but it served me well.

Uses car for Towing

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Mazda Tribute

Mazda. Mmmmmmmazda. Maz-Daaaaa! What do I think of when someone says Mazda? What does Mazda evoke? I can remember jingles, catch phrases, mottos, logos, and the images the cars project. I like to think this is not indicative of my moldable, mushy brain, but rather my awareness of marketing tactics. In any case, instead of remembering "Zoom-Zoom," like Mazda currently wants me to, I usually remember that Mazda marketing jingle from my youth. You know the one, don't you? "Sakes alive, sakes alive, the Mazda something something for just fifty-seven ninety-fiiiiiive!" I want Zoom-Zoom because the song is better, but Sakes Alive just sticks. Anyway, I look to the 2006 Mazda Tribute to get me back on... Read More