2008 Tribute

2008 Mazda Tribute

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2008 Mazda Tribute?

Ongoing issues with the transmission and ignition

by Dews1972 from Moulton, AL on Fri Aug 24 2018

This is a strong engine and vehicle except for the ignition and the transmission and the brake system malfunctioning. Poor reliability and durability for the cost

Does not recommend this car!!

pretty good car

by desert dog from utah on Thu Jan 21 2010

I bought a used '08 Tribute with the 2.3. I am surpised how zippy it is. Most of my driving is highway, but I will tow my atv occasionally and head for the hills. Some reviewers complained about the boxy style, but this is the classic suv look that I prefer. This gives you more headroom and cargo space. Rounded edges and sloping rooflines minimize the utility capability of an suv. I also like the design of the interior except it is slightly lacking in footroom for the front passenger. (Big feet run in our family!) I like the agility of this suv. It maneuvers through traffic and curves efficiently. The ride is not as smooth as the heavier suvs, so I only gave it three stars for handling. Overall, this is one of the few well priced suvs that is roomy enough for a taller person, with space enough for gear, and still gets pretty good gas mileage.

Great car for everyone

by Ginger my SUV from Louisville, KY on Wed May 19 2010

I am a woman. I havn't had a truck in the past. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. The storage is great. I bought all of my landscaping at one time everything fit. I took it home without help. I've taken a major road trip of 13 hours, two women, very comfortable and fit all our luggage and what we bought there. I couldn't of had a better time. I love my truck and would not trade it. One small thing about, they say a labtop will fit in the center storage I don't think so. maybe they meant an Ipad.

A knock out!

by Tribor from Ashland, OR on Thu Nov 08 2007

Now have over 7k miles on this 5 spd 2.3L Tribute and love it. Good looks, handling, ride, economy, sound system, and excellent value. The economy is what makes it a knockout. Have--in 22 fill ups--averaged 28.4 mpg (high 33.1 and low 25.5) with only the addition of a K&N filter and syn oil. These numbers indicate that one would have to drive a Mazda/Ford hybrid of this model 500,000 miles to recovery the additional $7k paid for the hybrid (tax credit excluded).

I Love This Car

by Alan from Tucson, AZ on Sat Oct 27 2007

Best investment of my life. Great car would not have it any other way. Did a lot of shopping prior to my purchase of the Tribute and am glad to know I have made the right choice.

Best SUV I've ever owned.

by Susan W from Valparaiso IN on Sun Nov 26 2017

The Tribute is perfect for all my needs. It has great pickup, plenty of room for 5 adults. There is lots of room in the back for carrying luggage, groceries and other needs. The seats are extremely comfortable and the mechanical systems are great!

Good 1st SUV

by North of Boston from Andover, MA on Fri May 13 2011

I traded my Mazda3 in for the Mazda Tribute and I'm glad I did. I live in the rural-ish burbs and I felt safe driving the local roads and highway this winter. Potholes, snow and ice are handled well with the traction control. It has responsive highway handling and good passing speed. I use the overdrive disengage while on side roads and city roads and get about 21.5 MPG. Leather heated seats, sliding moon roof, auto lights etc are all nice touches. I good choice for me.

The Perfect Vehicle

by Mazda723 from Fort Worth on Fri Jan 18 2013

The Mazda Tribute is one on the best vehicles I have ever owned. It gives a great ride and has great performance. I would recommend the Mazda Tribute to anyone.

Owner of a Mazda Tribute 2008

by Annika from Montreal, Quebec, Canada on Wed Feb 11 2015

I very surprised by the good comments for the Mazda tribute 2008 (4wd). We are 3 to own this truck, and we had issues with the truck after 4 years, such as the transmission, powertrain, rusting and door trunk not opening. I would not recommand getting this truck or any other Mazda product. They are all nice at the beginning when you get the truck and then when you need the dealership to help you...you have become a number, not there fault but yours for buying there product!!! So sad....

Does not recommend this car!!

My lil toy

by Jimbo from Revere,Mass on Thu Jan 01 2009

I bought this vehicle because of the rising gas prices. I owned a full size GMC Sierra. The 2 vehicles have nothing in common, but I needed something with 4WD and something a lil more city friendly! This SUV brand new off of the showroom with almost no option was 18,900! How can u beat that! The only thing I would change is the drivetrain. MORE horsepower is desparately needed for HWY driving. But adequate for city driving and it's decent on gas,not great! The interior is kinda plain but it's also a commuter vehicle,The exterior is a lil boxy, wish it was a lil more aerodynamic! But Over all ....pretty good no problems yet,have owned it for 7 months and very reliable. The sound system is decent as well with a ipod hookup..

1 2