2014 CLA-Class

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Awesome but rough

by 007 from Montgomery TX on May 1, 2014

This car is awesome in every way, exterior, interior, gas milage, power when you need it. My ONLY complaint is that it does not absorb bumps well. The suspension is very tight which is great for handling but rough on your tail bone.

Boy is this CLA a good looker.....

by Listerdeena Dumfoot - Wank from Canyon Country, Ca on July 2, 2015

I love the look of my pretty baby Benz more and more.......I'm not in love with the standard 17" wheels as they seem a bit small. Also no sunroof, how can MBZ not include moonroofs on the base model, how ridiculous......hello Audi and BMW always do....I wish her engine was a skosh quieter and for Heaven's sake, why not beef the flooring with much more sound deadening insulation so I don't have to hear any road noise. Other than that, she's a beaut and oh so pretty at night with her LED lights............a little bored of the light blue color but it was used when purchased. Last thing was prior owner left a foul seat odor that is hard to deal with...use imagination, girls

Uses car for Off-roading

Perfect for Emptinesters

by Sensible Driver from San Diego on August 25, 2014

After going back and forth for months (SUV vs Sedan, Gas hog vs. Gas Sipper, Style vs. Functionality, Customer Experience vs Marginal Support, etc) we finally find a vehicle that met all out expectations. The car is right for us. Emptinesters with active lifestyle who don't want the larger vehicle mind-set. First the quality, its first rate - there are no glaring glitchy gimmicks or unnecessary details. Though I do love the ambient lighting. Secondly, 38 MPG without giving up the horsepower and its nimble and surefooted enough to move when you need it too. Who wouldn't love that?! Sure, the ECO system gets some getting used to -- but 38 MPG!! I'm no idiot!! Lastly, the styling and design -- wow, its got great looks, the right lines, the right angles and the right amount of room for us.

Someone got the tire info wrong

by noverber charlie love sports cars from Fredericksburg Va on September 16, 2014

Someone said tires are $650 each. You can buy tires for a CLA at Tire Rack for between $125 and $250 each, all day long.

Great Buy-looks-solid feel.

by Car Bluff from upstate New York on December 11, 2013

Just picked up my first Benz- a CLA 250. Only $34,000 including freight. Great performance, comfortable ride, luxury, and superb mpg. Getting 35 mpg on highway, and 25 mpg around town. Heated seats, auto wipers, air, deluxe sound system, leather like seats without the extra cost. Don't believe the expert reviews that claim high engine sound, and other negatives. There are none. This is a luxury car at have the price you would pay for other Benz's, BMW's, Audi's, Lexus's, etc. I love my Benz.

Good car

by New car buyer from on April 25, 2014

Read a lot of reviews about this one. It's a mercedes afterall, so having to shell out more money for more premium options is not all that surprising. Being 5'3 the space isn't a problem at all. Was considering the mazda 6 and that car ended up costing about the same as the merc with all the options I wanted... so went for merc anyway.

Most reliable car i?ve owned so far.

by Alireza from Tustin, CA on May 9, 2018

This car gives you everything you want. Luxury and sport at the same time. It?s a fastest 4 cylinder with 355 hp and if ypu put it on comfort and go for a long drive in freeway it gives you up to 33mpg and city up to 21mpg. The style is very nice everything is black exterior. The amg seats that made by recaro holds you in one spot when you sit in it and drive it on the corners or...

I love my CLA250 Sedan (4 doors!)

by Panchito Escombros from West Covina, California on November 9, 2013

Although I got the bare bone (without the bells and whistles) I love the car. I took it to Vegas from LA and I did 41 miles per gallon. It is powerful when you need that extra kick, and very smooth. I wanted a GPS, but considering I have a smart phone, I save some money there. The trunk is roomy.

Fun car to drive

by Workaholic from Hornell, NY on January 3, 2014

Very comfortable, reliable car. amazing pickup when passing other vehicles. handling is incredible, rides like it is on rails in the corners. Great gas mileage.

Addition Review @ 6600 Mileage

by NK_ATL from Atlanta, GA on July 25, 2014

Overall, the car still hold up pretty well. I have one major issue that I have not yet done anything about it. Actually, I don't know what I can do about it. The problem is the nav screen and all along the center stack are squeaking and rattling over rough roads. It's very annoying at time. I usually hold or squeeze the screen when I drive over certain part of my route because of this issue. Fuel mileage is still pretty good. I went on 3-day GA-SC road trip and I filled up the car twice and once for half a tank. Driver seat already shows a bit sign of wear. No problem. Auto Start/Stop function still works fine. I get caught in a wrong momentum every now and then, which causes the engine and transmission to act out of sync. Like having a hiccup, I can't really explain it. Besides all these little things, I still enjoy my car. It looks great and unlike anything else. Trunk is large. Backseat is limited but accommodating when needed. I am considering trade it in for another one without Multimedia package but add 4Matic system.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8