NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 CLA-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class?

Boy is this CLA a good looker.....

by Listerdeena Dumfoot - Wank from Canyon Country, Ca on Thu Jul 02 2015

I love the look of my pretty baby Benz more and more.......I'm not in love with the standard 17" wheels as they seem a bit small. Also no sunroof, how can MBZ not include moonroofs on the base model, how ridiculous......hello Audi and BMW always do....I wish her engine was a skosh quieter and for Heaven's sake, why not beef the flooring with much more sound deadening insulation so I don't have to hear any road noise. Other than that, she's a beaut and oh so pretty at night with her LED lights............a little bored of the light blue color but it was used when purchased. Last thing was prior owner left a foul seat odor that is hard to deal with...use imagination, girls

Uses car for Off-roading

The best reliable car i’ve Owned , drive very safe

by AnnyRY from Iowa City IA on Sun May 19 2019

This car really fits me and it give me a really good drive experience. It can be both casual and fast and furious. If you are a car lover like me , you will enjoy this.

Love the car but it's high maintenance

by Car Crazy from Upstate New York on Tue Sep 02 2014

3 trips to the Service Dept and there's only 1000 miles on the car. Got the car in June 2014 and 3 days into driving it, the engine light went on. A software patch was applied that fixed it. This should have been caught at the factory as it was a known issue in April. Then the dashboard started making noise and another trip to Service. It wasn't fixed because I was worried about them removing the dashboard. 9/2/14 and the "Auxiliary Battery Malfunction" error appeared on the dash. Now it needs that battery replaced. I LOVE everything about this car except the fact that I'm constantly taking it in for service. It's definitely high maintenance, a high price to pay to enjoy driving it so much.

Does not recommend this car!!

Someone got the tire info wrong

by noverber charlie love sports cars from Fredericksburg Va on Tue Sep 16 2014

Someone said tires are $650 each. You can buy tires for a CLA at Tire Rack for between $125 and $250 each, all day long.

Perfect for Emptinesters

by Sensible Driver from San Diego on Mon Aug 25 2014

After going back and forth for months (SUV vs Sedan, Gas hog vs. Gas Sipper, Style vs. Functionality, Customer Experience vs Marginal Support, etc) we finally find a vehicle that met all out expectations. The car is right for us. Emptinesters with active lifestyle who don't want the larger vehicle mind-set. First the quality, its first rate - there are no glaring glitchy gimmicks or unnecessary details. Though I do love the ambient lighting. Secondly, 38 MPG without giving up the horsepower and its nimble and surefooted enough to move when you need it too. Who wouldn't love that?! Sure, the ECO system gets some getting used to -- but 38 MPG!! I'm no idiot!! Lastly, the styling and design -- wow, its got great looks, the right lines, the right angles and the right amount of room for us.

Addition Review @ 6600 Mileage

by NK_ATL from Atlanta, GA on Fri Jul 25 2014

Overall, the car still hold up pretty well. I have one major issue that I have not yet done anything about it. Actually, I don't know what I can do about it. The problem is the nav screen and all along the center stack are squeaking and rattling over rough roads. It's very annoying at time. I usually hold or squeeze the screen when I drive over certain part of my route because of this issue. Fuel mileage is still pretty good. I went on 3-day GA-SC road trip and I filled up the car twice and once for half a tank. Driver seat already shows a bit sign of wear. No problem. Auto Start/Stop function still works fine. I get caught in a wrong momentum every now and then, which causes the engine and transmission to act out of sync. Like having a hiccup, I can't really explain it. Besides all these little things, I still enjoy my car. It looks great and unlike anything else. Trunk is large. Backseat is limited but accommodating when needed. I am considering trade it in for another one without Multimedia package but add 4Matic system.

Worth leasing but don't buy it

by autoenthusiast90 from Buffalo, New York on Sat May 13 2017

I am leasing a 2014 Mercedes CLA 250 4Matic. I now have 5 more months on the lease. This car is definitely an eye-catcher. Excellent exterior design that is sporty and sophisticated. I really love the panoramic sunroof and the upgraded bi-xenon/LED options on my car. The regular headlights look boring and makes the car look cheap. At this price point light package should be standard (look at Audi). Also my CLA has the illuminated star option for $500 but it is not worth getting as long as you have the lighting package. Interior has a nice sporty feel. I don't mind the iPad like infotaintment system however some of my friends really hate it. Interior quality could be much better, there are a lot of hard plastic on the lower part of the dash and the doors. Also the cabin could have been insulated much better, you hear a lot of road and wind noise for sure. However, it is a nice and comfy ride on the expressway (seats are a little narrow and can be uncomfortable on a long drive). One feautre that I absolutely love is the brake/hold function (standard). I live in the city and it really comes in handy when in traffic so big kudos to Mercedes for that. When leased my CLA I also got the maintenance plan which only adds about $15 or so to your monthly payment. Thanks to that I never paid anything extra out of pocket when I took it in for service. Lets talk reliability. I don't think this car will be that reliable in the long term so leasing is the safe way to go. After a year and a half something went wrong with the engine belt and it overheated! I had to get it towed because the car was getting extremely hot and it wouldn't let me accelerate. I think it is unacceptable for a car that is only a year old to have this type of issue. I had it towed to my local Mercedes dealership and the problem was taken care of within 3 days and I was given a loaner vehicle in the mean time. Overall, this is a nice premium car that offers good performance, fuel economy, sporty driving dynamics at a reasonable price and it definitely looks good at your corporate job parking lot. I think Mercedes has some work to do with this model so I expect next generation to be much better. Once ride quality and interior quality is improved it might make my 'Buy' list.

Love this car

by New Benz Owner from Louisville, KY on Sun Jun 29 2014

I've had the car for several weeks now and driven it for about 1,000 miles. Great handling, power and ride. It looks great and I get a lot of looks. I'm 44 years old and would have never considered a Benz until I stopped in and test drove this car. I'm very happy with the purchase and hope to be driving it for years to come. BTW, it is worth the price..

Good car

by New car buyer from on Fri Apr 25 2014

Read a lot of reviews about this one. It's a mercedes afterall, so having to shell out more money for more premium options is not all that surprising. Being 5'3 the space isn't a problem at all. Was considering the mazda 6 and that car ended up costing about the same as the merc with all the options I wanted... so went for merc anyway.

I love my CLA250 Sedan (4 doors!)

by Panchito Escombros from West Covina, California on Sat Nov 09 2013

Although I got the bare bone (without the bells and whistles) I love the car. I took it to Vegas from LA and I did 41 miles per gallon. It is powerful when you need that extra kick, and very smooth. I wanted a GPS, but considering I have a smart phone, I save some money there. The trunk is roomy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class

The 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG has fast moves, slick styling and luxury in spades, but its hefty price tag and disappointing transmission keep it from being truly outstanding.

Mercedes-Benz has a hit on its hands with the new CLA-Class “coupe,” a subcompact four-door the company is using to attract new customers. But if the CLA250’s turbocharged four-cylinder just isn’t fast enough for you, there’s this: the CLA45 AMG, which has the most powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engine you can buy anywhere, a sportier suspension, big wheels, bolstered seats and a much more menacing exhaust tone. Our own David Thomas found the regular CLA250 to be more style than substance... Read More