2004 CLK-Class

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class?

The 3-Pointed Star

by Jayhawker from KU, Kansas on Sat Jan 15 2011

I've purchased my Mercedes a few years ago from a private seller after I got out of college. I have never received any compliments about my previous cars (a Ford, Chevy and KIA) but it seems that no matter where I go in my CLK, I get a compliment from: elderly people, kids, and most importantly, beautiful coeds. Although I only have the 3.2L V6 engine, it can produce a very mean exhaust note at just the right RPM. My friend, who bought a 3 Series BMW, even admired the responsiveness of my car, particularly the brakes. The interior styling is, as put by so many people, "just beautiful to look at." The exterior is no different, especially with the absence of the "B" pillar (the pillar between the front and rear windows). I live in the mid-west where we have plenty of open interstate and I travel a lot, about ~20,000 miles a year. I usually go about 80mph and over 260 miles I average 28.7mpg. Right now my car is nearing 100K miles and I get about 27mpg at 80mph. The problems I had with my car were: the power steering column broke and could not be adjusted to go up or down (~$600 fix), and the cruise control failed for about 2-3 weeks but then fixed itself. During winter we get plenty of snow and even with rear wheel drive I've only needed assistance 3 times, but I have plenty of experience driving on ice (about 13 years). Thought my 2004 CLK 320 does not handle as well as its BMW counterpart it is a car which is most suited for cruising rather than abusing. That being said, I've driven the vehicle to its 150mph limit and it felt solid as a rock.

Oldie Now But Forever A Goodie

by AMS from Hammond, IN on Sun Apr 01 2018

I wish I can clone my car into a new 2018 version with all the bells and whistles plus no miles. This car has been fantastic to me and it continues to impress. One of the Best Buy's of my life. Three different individuals bought the same car after seeing mine.

Best car I've owned

by MB bert from on Fri Jul 08 2011

Glad I purchased, tremendous car. Handling, power for a V6, everything top notch. Convert top attaches super tight, great Bose stereo.

Comfortable and roomy

by Nick M from Boca Raton, Fl on Tue Jan 07 2014

very reliable, and has maintained its quality feel throughout the years of ownership. Super fast when needed. great gas mileage 32MPG hwy. sporty and super fun to drive. very comfortable and roomy for myself and girl. plenty of room in the trunk. . great sounding stereo with all features you could ask for. Just love this car!

great car for the money

by bart from bear de on Fri Sep 29 2017

very refined 1st benz I have own good looking car the ride is smooth handles great I bought it used with 70,000 miles on it still runs and looks great

Great second sports car

by Loves sports cars from Baldwin on Mon Sep 19 2011

So far So good....the Merc CLK500 continues to deliver good sports drive and feel while keeping relative good comfort. you will feel the bumps over uneven roads due to the low profile tires. power is quick and smooth with a nice sound from the exhaust. there are alot of options with this model including Navigation which isnt as good as the Lexus, but gets the job done. for the money I would buy this car again.

Shocked by the Quality, Comfort and Performance

by A Benz Believer from North of Toronto Ontario Canada on Mon Apr 14 2014

My wife and I went to a car lot looking to see a sports car convertible. (Honda 2000) This car caught our eye and we took it for a test drive. We were blown away by the quality, subtle looks, power handling and comfort. I'd say shocked is more accurate. I have extensive experience with Japanese cars and thought they had all the bases covered. Well perhaps not. This car is a classy somewhat understated performance touring car that will continue to impress you long after the so called initial thrill is gone. We just drove ours for 4000 miles in 9 days from Ontario Canada to the Florida Keys and i can say without hesitation this is the most fun I've had on 4 wheels! Great ride! Ours has the AMG package, navi, multi disc changer etc. Quite a ride.

Simply the BEST!!!

by BenzisBest! from Pa on Tue May 02 2017

This is my second 2004 clk500....I found it on Cars.com....It is comfortable,has plenty of power,very smooth ride,and I just Love it!!!whatever your preference ...go to cars.com ....This is where I found complete and Total Satisfaction!!

The perfect car!

by Golflover from on Wed Mar 29 2017

This is a wonderful car that gets a lot of attention and praise. I bought this car brand-new in 2004. It was meant to be my retirement car, but I still haven't retired yet. LOL!

Best Car Ever

by Mercedez Driver from Fort Worth, TX on Tue May 29 2012

This is the coolest car I've ever owned. Performance is like no other car out there. Truly a dream car. Pure luxury but yet very sporty.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Just Add Scenery
2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Cabriolet

SANTA BARBARA, Calif.

California driving is often portrayed as an endless traffic jam on U.S. 101. That's only part of the picture.

There are other roads free of clutter and blessed with beauty, byways such as California Highway 154, which runs northeast of State Street in this oceanside city.

You can follow Highway 154 its full length of 32 miles, from Santa Barbara to Los Olivos, taking in the glories of the Los Padres National Forest along the way. Or you can take a relatively short but spirited drive around the highway's twists and curves, exiting at Stagecoach Road, which leads to pleasant dining on venison and rabbit at... Read More