2005 CLK-Class

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Have You Driven the 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class?

Mercedes CLK500 cabriolet

by Abouthadit from Florida on Sat Sep 25 2010

I was looking at this model for the longest time and finally found one at the right price with 35K miles and a one year Certified MB warranty. I'm not disappointed with my decision. So far, it has performed as expected. It takes off smooth and strong. It is comfortable to sit in. Everything functions as designed and I get the looks from folks that I expected. With the top down, it looks like a sports car though it will seat four comfortably. I can even put my golf clubs in the trunk if I put the woods in separately. Buy this car with the realization that servicing it doesn't come cheap. Tires are expensive. The Service-A will cost you some. It only has one cup holder(let her hold her own cup) though newer models have come out with dual cup holders in the arm rest. Also, if you like Sirius radio, better be sure it's already installed. Germans don't think like Americans and after market add-on are expensive if they are even possible. The controls in the car are connected via fiber optics so an add-on must be compatible or you may lose some other features. All in all, a real beauty and I hope to keep this car for a very long time.

I look (and feel) soo good

by 1st time mercedes owner from Denver, CO on Sat Jul 25 2009

I only knew I wanted a convertible. I drove 9 other models before test driving the Mercedes 2005 CLK 320 and that was it. My only gripe was that at first I kept holding down the cruise control instead of the blinker when changing lanes and felt the cruise control was in a more convenient spot than the other more often used controls. Now that a month has past my hand has adjusted. The exceleration is awesome even going up hills. After 17 years of driving a stick I'm very please with the power of this automatic. The seats could be a little more cushy but with all the adjustments are very comfortable. I love my car and the top is never up while driven, at least for now while it's summer.

A Treat for Buyer and Others

by Moe from Tx on Tue Sep 06 2011

The most striking thing about the car is obviously the exterior look. I've had kids in the street giggling and poking each other to look at the "cool car" when I'm pulling out of my garage. It's just a really gorgeous car. I've owned my fair share of "boy toys" over the years but this by far is the most "head-turning" toy I've ever owned. With that said, again, those "boy toys" are not reliable for heavy day to day use and long-distance traveling. The Mercedes have so far proved to have been a great investment. I bought it with about 50k miles on the odometer and I haven't spent a dime on it more than gas and oil change. Comfort wise, I've driven it on road trips for up to 500 miles on a stretch, it drives heavenly and when I sat on the passenger seat when my wife was driving, it felt even better. Lots of space for the front seats (not real space in the back seat but enough to take the children in comfort...adults are a bit crowded). The one major fault in the cabin is the lack of sufficient cup holders, with a single cup holder in the whole car, the passenger will be holding their drink for the whole trip not to mention children in the back seat. All in all, I'm very happy I bought this car and I'd definitely recommend it for singles from both sexes and newly married couples who like to travel in style.

Great convertible

by Car geek from Littleton, CO on Mon Aug 24 2009

After 5 different convertibles (SL320, SLK320, SLK350, Vette & Miata), I love this one and will keep it forever. Two seaters are fun for a while but the ride is questionable and you can't carry anything. This car has class, an excellent ride and quality to match. In V8 form it's pretty quick. I have to laugh about the "dislikes" listed in Cars.com. Like tachometer too small, like it makes a big difference in an automatic. Or they don't like the V8 gas mileage. Hello, it's a V8 in an 4K lb car! Actually I avg 19-21 in my mixed driving. Not bad considering all factors.

Fun driving, Sleak Modern Cpe!

by Maxim from Temecula on Tue May 10 2011

This is my 4th mercedes and I can't believe how much it is improved over last model. The options are amazing, the ride is so quick and stable. Controls and climate work like magic. It is almost like covertable when no center bar windows are down! At first I was not sure, but you fall in love with the car every time you drive! You will be going to garage just to sit and play with it! It is so luxury!

I'm still loving this car!

by Tom from Palm Harbor FL. on Fri Oct 09 2009

I bought this CLK500 in late 2004, and after 63,000 miles, I still love it. Yes, it would be great to have two cup holders, but the car has never given me any trouble or left me stranded anywhere. Tire wear, especially the rear tires, is every two years but I had Porsche 911s with the same problem. I have no intention on getting another car for a couple of more years.

Fun to drive

by MB fiend from Navarre Beach, Fl on Sun May 08 2011

This car, (CLK500) is fun to drive, has all the power you'll ever need and is a standout in any crowd. A very solid car that feels like a sedan with the top up with very little external noise. With the top down it's even better. Living in Florida the hot summer days are too much for the top to be down but the air conditioning system works and feels the same as driving in a sedan. Very little difference. Car feels best on a summer night or a low humidity day in the 70's. The extra lining in the convertible top works wonders. I will keep this car for a long time.

Great car for the money

by clk from Naples on Wed Dec 22 2010

The 2005 CLK is everything I thought it would be. If I had the money I would purchase a new one. Great way to buy a car.

Lo-Lo-Love it!

by FCCLicenser from Milwaukee, WI on Mon Mar 29 2010

I purchased my 05 Mercedes CLK320 Cabriolet about a month ago. I have dreamed about owning one of these beauties since high school and finally was in the market to make the purchase. I was planning on buying a 500 but the 320 offers plenty of power for most drivers and of course receives much better gas mileage. The handling is superb. It moves in and out of lanes like no other. When I put the top down, I get waves and yells from all over but perhaps that has something to do with the 19" chrome rims I put on aftermarket ;)

Just Excellent

by CLK Friend from NY on Sun Sep 11 2011

This car is not only a very beautiful clasic car, the performance is amazing and it is a very good value for the money.

1 2 3 4