2009 CLK-Class

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Have you driven the 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class?

MB owner

by MB driver from Long Island, NY on Mon Jun 04 2012

The CLK delivers excellent performance and although it is an automatic transmission, it can be driven as a manual transmission car as well. The exterior styling is outstanding and generates a lot of attention. The interior features are of such a high standard, it feels as though you are sitting in the comfort of your own home.

Most fun I've had driving a car

by Multi Bez Owner from Utah on Tue Oct 18 2011

This car is sporty all over the place. It's fun to drive and handles extremely well. I especially love the top down. If the outside temp is around 50 to 60 degrees, you can still have the top down, just roll up the windows and turn the heater on and it's a beautiful ride!! I've driven this car on a trip of 400 miles and the whole time I was comfortable without feeling like I had to stop and stretch my legs. New in '09 iPod integration is awesome! Now I can listen to my own tunes through the car's speakers and I can enjoy every one. Handsfree bluetooth is great, but with the top down others have a little harder time hearing you, especially on the freeway. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Absolute pleasure to drive

by Big V8 Fan from Massachusetts on Thu Oct 09 2014

Just bought a used '09 CLK550 convertible, and so far I love it. These are hard to find, plenty of CLK350s around, but I wanted the big V8, and I'm glad I held out for one. Has something of a Jekyll and Hyde personality. You can drive it around town and barely touch the gas pedal, and not exceed 1500 rpm. Driven like that everything is very serene and relaxing. You won't hear the engine, or much of anything except the music you're enjoying. When the opportunity arises you can stomp your right foot down and the slumbering beast wakes up with a snarling growl, and you take off like a rocket. Great fun of course. I'm 60 years old and should be too mature for such adolescent frivolity, but oh well. I like riding motorcycles with big engines for exactly the same reason. Not much not to like really - the steering is a little light and over boosted for my taste. It doesn't have the feel of say a BMW 3 series, at least when they still had hydraulic power steering. Of course gas mileage isn't great, but if that's a big deal to you then you should maybe consider a Prius instead. I know which of us will be grinning ear to ear. Overall the feeling is that the car is very well built and reassuringly solid. I think I'll be enjoying this one for a long time to come.

CLK 550 - V8

by XFLYR from on Wed Mar 01 2017

Nice looking car with sleek design. The 5.5 V8 engine is very responsive and fast. I put 19" MB wheels on mine and it really makes a difference appearance-wise. Overall, this car has held it value and it's looks over time. Keep up on the maintenance!

Everyday driver

by Traveler0980 from Jabez, KY on Mon Oct 14 2013

This car replaced a 2005 Mercedes CLK-320. Only reason in trading was this car had low mileage and a great price. This car drives like a sports model with plenty of pep and good gas mileage. This model had updated technology, a real plus.

We've gotten to Camelot!!!

by Fox from Baton Rouge, LA on Wed Apr 15 2015

Our MB CLK 350 Cab is in almost factory NEW condition. We had a 2000 CLK 320 Cab, drove it for more than 302,000 miles and wanted the same caliber car to replace it. Being retired, we couldn't REALLY afford a NEW MB, so I went to CARS.com and started researching. After a couple of weeks, we discovered this GEM, 2009, 18,000 miles, garage kept, with many excellent features including Blue Tooth Hands Free Communication Kit and DVD Command Navigation P01 Premium package and P90 Appearance package. My wife and I feel we are in Camelot, enjoying our 4th Mercedes which may outlast us!!! We already LOVE Camie!!!!

Love it!

by Scrowman from Easton, CT on Fri Sep 11 2015

Recently purchased 2009 CLK350 cabriolet with 39,000 mi. and my wife and I are loving it. Just such a pleasure riding around cool summer evenings with top down. Car drives like a dream. Always wanted a convertible- my first and this was a steal and met all expectations. Nav system is dated of course but works fine as does bluetooth. Just takes a little longer to program but that's to be expected since it's an '09. Top goes up and down in less than 30 seconds. Very happy.

Beautifully competent car

by sdtz from Vista, CA on Wed Jan 02 2013

Just came off lease and was able to pick up low mileage (18K) CLK350 coupe for a very reasonable price and still had factory warranty. My first Mercedes and very impressed with overall build, handling and performance. This has "Sport" option which adds cross drilled rotors, lowered suspension, AMG exhaust, contour'd steering wheel and subtle body pieces. I like it ;-)

First car bliss!

by Mandy from on Fri Aug 23 2013

This car performs fantastic. I love the body of the CLK 2009 coupe. It has great handelling and performance. Its so smooth, You feel in control of the car.It comes equipped with the AMG sports package, navi. I love it!

Very nice convertible!!!

by Car Expert from South Holland,Il. on Fri Mar 10 2017

Very nice & fast for a 6cyl.Navigation system is a little complicated,but the Harmon-Kardon sound system is awesome! I'v owned 3 Lexus' and they are better mechanically built and hold their value better but this car was a good value.I would definitely buy it !

1 2