2007 CLS-Class

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

Have You Driven the 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class?

CLS 550 for the common man

by MercedesDisciple from Toronto Ontario on Wed Dec 22 2010

I started by search looking for the fasted CLS I could afford but after inquiring with a few CLS 55 AMG owners as to why they would ever sell such a beautiful car, I concluded they were all having issues with speed and the law. I ended up purchasing a 2007 CLS550 (382 hp) and opted to skip the supercharged AMG version to save some money on gas. The car has lived up to all my expectations of performance and refined styling. My CLS came with the upgraded AMG sports package and the paddle shifters really allow the driver control of the transmission and power to the wheels. Mercedes has done a super job with the CLS styling. This car looks fantastic from the leather seats to the high tech paint finish. You would be hard pressed to find a better fit and finish on any car. This car has so many features that I was actually forced to read the owners manual just to figure out how it all worked. I love the way Mercedes has given drivers the ability to customize the console layout and functionality (auto door locks) of the car using simple option screens. The pre-programmed seats positioning, external mirrors and steering wheel position is very handing when multiple drivers are using the car (3 configuration saved). The air suspension really gives you an ultra smooth ride but set the suspension to super sport and you can take any corner at top speed. I have had 3 Saabs prior to the CLS and I am amazed at difference in the ride quality the CLS delivers. For all my friends in Canada, you will definitely need to get winter tires to keep this brut on the road during those cold snowy months. I regret that the 2007 CLS does not come in an all wheel drive version. My single pet peeve with the car is the restricted visibility of the cars around your. With the high doors, smaller windows, blind spots and tiny exterior rear view mirrors, you really have to pay attention to the cars around you at all times. I guess if you are going fast enough you do not need to worry about who is behind you. I would definitely recommend this car to people who really appreciate a fine ride. I have found myself taking the long way home many times just to log more driving time with my baby. The CLS is definitively a marriage of elegant styling and hard core performance. Opulent yet Approachable!

sedan or sprots car

by DaimlerDriver from Munich, Germany on Wed Dec 06 2006

Before my CLS 500 I had an E class Mercedes. However they are based on the same technical design, there are major differences. We don't need to talk about the design. It's a beauty. It drives smaller that it is, but it's not a sports car. The E class was a pure sedan but the interior design is less luxurious the CLS?. For me, with wife and one kid it's perfect. When I drive alone, I can push hard. Here in Germany I'm allowed to drive full speed, which means 156 mph with my CLS. Don't get jalouse; I tried it already a couple of times and you still feel safe. So if you have the money, buy a Porsche and a S-class Mercedes. If not, the CLS is a perfect compromise.

All I can say is, "Amzaing"!

by MB Guy for Life from Dallas on Thu Feb 05 2009

I'm not sure how anyone could have a bad exprience with this car, other than the 2006 models, which I've heard had some issues. I have a 2007 CLS550 that now has 25K miles on it and has not had even one minor issue that required a dealer visit. The car drives as tight and as strong as the day I bought it and is still one of the funnest cars I've ever owned or driven. Wouldn't trade it for anything...

Very nice as expected

by Hard to Please from Richmond, Va on Thu Jul 08 2010

Happy so far, a few little items back to the dealer for a few warranty repairs, door handle, visor light. As expected with all other aspects.

Ridiculous Rear seats but awesome driving

by BMWGUY from Los Angeles CA on Sun Nov 12 2006

The rear doors should be deleted for weight savings because the rear-seats are for dogs. Dogs can climb through the front doors. They wouldn't care. The roof line is too low for comfort, window lines are too high, but, THis is an awesome performer. Accelerating will cause your neck to ache, too hard of a braking and a big SUV in your mirror will rear end you. Good thing this car is coming with a Pre-safe collision system. My CLS 55 can accelerate to 60mph in about 5 seconds. I never pushed it that hard or really measured it accurately, but I believe it. other than the ridiculously small interior, this is a fabulous car.

I LOVE THIS CAR SO MUCH I OWN 2,IN DIFF COLORS.

by robin marsh from LOS ANGELES on Wed Aug 15 2018

This is overall the best car i have evr owned. I was a bit skeptical at first becuase ive never owned a german car, i normally stick to japenese cars like infiniti however, I first purchased a 2006 cls500 (black on black) i paid $8000 cash free and clear. I love this car so much i purchased a 2007 cls550 (silver) with 80,000 miles. Whoa!!!!! can you say "sexy beast??". I love this car and even the new "2018 cls550" cant touch the look of this car. I highly recommend this car.

2007 CLS63 AMG - Performance Pack and AMG Pack

by Scott F from Nashville, TN on Sun May 27 2018

This sexy beast is everything that you would imagine - great looking, tight, easy to drive, and powerful. It's well documented that the CLS63 AMG isn't the best handling sport sedan on the slalom and skid-pad. That's the only area where this car isn't top of the podium.

HUGE TRUNK, small rear seats, but !! ITS A COUPE

by Benz Man in Washington DC from Washington DC on Tue Dec 05 2006

GREAT car, ride is excellent, handles better than my SL 500. I bought my CLS 55 new and LOVE IT. I find parking to be somewhat of a task as you cant see the rear truck, but I recommend anyone who gets it DEMAND on the parking sensors. Mine did not have them but the dealer installed them and agreed to do it as I would not buy it without them. I find the multi function buttons to be difficult to get used to, but it is not really any different from any other newer Benz I have owned. I LOVE IT recommend it, and it TURNS HEADS everywhere I go !!

close to ideal balance

by luxury for less from Nashville, Tennessee on Thu Oct 20 2011

I've bben fortunate over my driving lifetime (I'm 61 now) to own many upscale german cars including BMW (M3, 540i, 735i, 633i, Audi, Porsche (928,944, 911) and more recently Mercedes Benz. This car is a beauty;engine runs smooth as glass at all speeds. Ride at high speeds a little rough due mostly to the wide,low profile tires ( I only run Michelins). Dealer is great! Rear seats not for big people. Ok for average size Joe but not fat Larry! Wish I could afford a new one! Fuel economy really pretty good for a 5.5 liter V-8. Runs only hi test.

Great car

by Karl from Ft.lauderdale on Tue Jan 03 2012

It is my 5 th Mercedes Benz overall it is one of the best rides ever. It takes little getting used to low cabin hight but very comfy once u get the hang of it and in this new gen Mercedes transmission 7 speed is good but it is the first to brreak down. Make sure u inspecet the shift before buying on pre owned. Always buy the extended warranty just transmission will cost u 8 grand flat

1 2 3