1999 E-Class

1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

$182 - $8,470  MSRP Range
1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

4.5

Have you driven the 1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class?

Plush, safe vehicle

by Critical Eye for quality. from Charlotte, NC on Sun Feb 06 2011

I purchased a 1999 E320 for my wife to drive. This vehicle is vey well built. The ride is comfortabe and quiet, power is good. Reliability is good. Cost to maintain is higher than less expensive cars, however you expect that because the car has more features and cost more than may cars. Safety is very good. Appreance is stylish and clasic. This car is more of a comfort ride than high performance. That was fine for us. If you want a sportier car, the E500 class was designed for that. I purchased an other E class in 2006 and have a 2011 E350 on order now. The E 350 is what the current model is called. I believe that you can buy cheaper cars, but you get what you pay for.

The Best Car Ever

by Sandy from Atlanta, GA on Tue Apr 26 2016

I bought my 1999 E320 used in 2001 and it had 33,000 miles on it. It was a leased car that was returned at the end of the lease. From the first time I sat in it, and drove it, I loved it. And I still love it today. The car is now 17years old and has 320,000 miles on it. It is the original engine, original transmission, original shocks, and original paint. I am a stickler for routine maintenance. If you maintain a car, it will last a long time. It is identical to the car pictured above. I hope to keep it for another 18 months and then I plan on getting a new E350. By then the car will have close to 375,000 miles on it. The paint is just now beginning to start fading. The interior has held up extremely well too. People get in the car and when they see the mileage they can't believe it. Everything on/in the car is original and still works. The only annoying negative of the car is the relentless "bulb out". Light bulbs burn out very often. But I can deal with that. The best car ever!!

Self Service 1999 E430

by colink from OK on Sat Jun 12 2010

Buying used and doing the normal service items yourself makes this car an absolute bargain. Driving a really comfortable, solid, capable car for the price of a 5 year old Malibu. Watch out for leaking cam covers, worn suspension components (ball joints) and collapsed engine mountings. I drive 40 miles each way to work on the freeway and get average 23mpg. Much less in town

1999 Benz e320 Mercedes

by Nate from Dallas, TX on Fri Jan 24 2014

In General, the best car I've ever owned. Most roomy for size. Comnfortable to drive. "I love my car" factor high now as it was in 1999 when I got it.

Benzy 99

by Toptoad713 from Hartford, CT on Mon Jan 30 2012

Bought with 80kmiles in 2011. For the price you cant touch this car. Still very tight and quiet. Changing out the receiver (by Becker) as it is crackly. Bose speakers seem fine. Overall a sweet ride.

Bullet Proof Car

by Z-man from Seattle WA on Wed Apr 15 2009

We bought this car new and never intended selling until the snow storm in Seattle on XMAS 2008. We decided to get an AWD drive wagon again but did not like the new E-class wagon because of the smaller jumper seat and hatch area. In addition, our 2003 sedan has been problematic. FOr this reason we bought a used 2001 E320 wagon that was all wheel drive. We think this vehicle design is one of the best all round vehicles to own. Loved it so much that we bought another.

Great car for my wife

by Ebert from Atascadero, California on Tue Mar 19 2013

The car looked as great as the ad, drove better than we thought and was in great shape. We looked at several other vehicles and settled on the one we went looking for. Great body style, performance and handling. My wife was already happy with her previous E320 and was equally happy we bought the second one. I feel very safe with her driving it and with carrying our kids. I feel safe knowing she is in a safe, reliable vehicle and she looks great in the car. Very stylish.

Bought for safety rating...

by LoveMyGrandkids from Ridgewood, NJ on Mon Apr 17 2017

I purchased this car years ago (used - 3 years old) after intensely reviewing just about every vehicle out there because I wanted a vehicle that was safe when driving my grandchildren. My priority was SAFETY and the MB E320 wagon was highest on the list and delivered. I've never felt so safe in a vehicle in my life! This is one sweet, reliable, beautiful, comfortable and classy car, lots more than I expected from a wagon. Also purchased the extended warranty and had the most incredibly ideal experience with the MB service you can ever hope for!

Reliable vehicle

by teewilly from Ontario, CA on Thu Jul 13 2017

I enjoyed this car. It is safe, roomy and easy to maintain. It is the least expensive, in terms of maintenance, older car I have ever owned.

This is more reliable than some of my friends

by HarrisonRyan from Toledo, Ohio on Sun May 13 2018

This car never let me down. Though it had some small issues, at 216,000 miles it never left me stranded or even gave the slight idea that it was slowing down.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

If you're a regular reader of this column, there's a good chance you went to any number of classic car shows over the summer.

If you're not into the old car hobby, you might just wonder what sort of car could end up at such a show a couple decades hence.

Your answer could be found at the show's Mercedes Benz's area, where you could take a look at a silver four-door E55 on display. I'd put money on it that the new Mercedes Benz E55 would fit the bill.

By now, you're familiar with the Mercedes Benz E-Class. It's a mid-level, mid-sized offering from Mercedes. The front end identity, with its rounded hood and round headlights, along with a svelte, graceful sedan body is still fresh. It incorporates a... Read More