1999 Mercedes Benz E Class

Most reliable car II've ever owned

by from Howe, texas on August 12, 2017

This car has met all needs , smart on design, agronomic, very responsive and fuel efficient, great lines, plenty of bells and wistles.

Love my e320 but has a lousy paint job it's rustin

by from Cleveland ohio on August 7, 2017

This car meets all My ideas of a great car. Would recommend it to anyone. Would buy another one. However it does have flaws the paint job

Very reliable for being 18 years old

by from Auburn, AL on July 22, 2017

The 1999 E320 is one of the best vehicles from the 90's still on the road today. Though the mileage isn't great compared to newer cars, and some of the electronics in the car are a bit finicky, the 1999 E320 is overall a very reliable, fairly cheap car. You could find a 1999 E320 for anywhere from $1,000 to about $6,000. The rate at which Mercedes depreciates makes buying a used one easier for most folks. My E320 is closing in on 230,000 miles and it still runs strong!

Reliable vehicle

by from Ontario, CA on July 13, 2017

I enjoyed this car. It is safe, roomy and easy to maintain. It is the least expensive, in terms of maintenance, older car I have ever owned.

Reliable vehicle

by from Ontario, CA on July 13, 2017

Good Value and Reliability

by from San Jose on June 30, 2017

Good value for a used car, not very fast and is heavy, not great MPG, very luxurious, great sound system, neat features (A/C center console), good room (6'6" driver), very reliable all things considered (mine has 170k+ and still goes strong), overall a good car, would make a great first car for a teen (slow, reliable, cheap but still comfortable and with a good sound system).

1999 mercedes e320

by from nj on April 23, 2017

most dependable car ever owned, never breaks down motor is just incredable. strong quality made comfortable and really affordable to own, a classy car.

Bought for safety rating...

by from Ridgewood, NJ on April 17, 2017

I purchased this car years ago (used - 3 years old) after intensely reviewing just about every vehicle out there because I wanted a vehicle that was safe when driving my grandchildren. My priority was SAFETY and the MB E320 wagon was highest on the list and delivered. I've never felt so safe in a vehicle in my life! This is one sweet, reliable, beautiful, comfortable and classy car, lots more than I expected from a wagon. Also purchased the extended warranty and had the most incredibly ideal experience with the MB service you can ever hope for!

The Best Car Ever

by from Atlanta, GA on April 26, 2016

I bought my 1999 E320 used in 2001 and it had 33,000 miles on it. It was a leased car that was returned at the end of the lease. From the first time I sat in it, and drove it, I loved it. And I still love it today. The car is now 17years old and has 320,000 miles on it. It is the original engine, original transmission, original shocks, and original paint. I am a stickler for routine maintenance. If you maintain a car, it will last a long time. It is identical to the car pictured above. I hope to keep it for another 18 months and then I plan on getting a new E350. By then the car will have close to 375,000 miles on it. The paint is just now beginning to start fading. The interior has held up extremely well too. People get in the car and when they see the mileage they can't believe it. Everything on/in the car is original and still works. The only annoying negative of the car is the relentless "bulb out". Light bulbs burn out very often. But I can deal with that. The best car ever!!

1999 Benz e320 Mercedes

by from Dallas, TX on January 24, 2014

In General, the best car I've ever owned. Most roomy for size. Comnfortable to drive. "I love my car" factor high now as it was in 1999 when I got it.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Mercedes Benz E Class