2006 E-Class

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Update from 12/2009 Review

by Diesel Guy from Philadelphia on September 21, 2012

I wrote about how much I love my 2006 E320CDI Diesel in December of 2009, when the car probably had about 50,000 miles on it (I bought it used at around 36,000 miles in May of 2009). Well, here we are almost three years later and I still love the car. It now has almost 108,000 miles and it drives and handles as well as the day I bought it. The diesel engine is nearly indestructable, reliability (knock on wood) has been great, and the highway crusing is smooth and safe. One big surprise is this car has surprising pick-up, it takes a split second for the turbo to kick in, but then the car just takes off (and leaves a very evil, but satisfying, black cloud of diesel smoke behind you). I love this car and look forward to it taking me to 300,000 miles and beyond.

Best of 5

by Stephanie from California on March 4, 2009

We have owned 5 Mercedes Benz models. 2 C's, Ml, R and now the E350. This is our favorite. Fit and finish is the best of all we have had. The interior is beautiful. Aside from the less then new exterior, this car is the finest we have owned.

Amazing!

by Kyle from Denver, CO on December 6, 2008

Ive always wondered why people went gaga over Mercedes; until now. This isn't a car its another plane of existence! This car is silent, ultra smooth, and makes you feel as though you've been removed from the world. Only by driving one can you truly understand. I traded in my 2007 Ford Mustang for an E500 4Matic and although you cant really compare Ford and Mercedes in the same sentence---you cant really compare Mercedes to hardly anything else (unless we're talking Bentley or Rolls) in the same sentence either. The E500 is blisteringly fast although the handling is more designed for comfort crusing than blazing around corners and you can tell. The gas mileage is awful but that was too be expected. The one major gripe I have about this car is the controls; the cruise control is where the turning signal is in everyother car and some of the other controls are simply asinine. Other than that if you are considering a Lexus GS, BMW 5, or Audi A6 you have to drive this generation of E-Class first. Its the Concorde, Queen Mary 2, and Orient Express all rapped up into one!

Well worth the money

by A Real Review from Florida on March 5, 2014

I see reviews on here about the valve issue. That is HOGWASH - there is a part that could go bad on the top drivers back side of the Engine. It is a 50 dollar part and is called a valve position indicator takes 10 minutes to replace. I did have to fix a severed wire which caused the trunk not to open and the third break light not to work took me ten minutes to fix ( was previously done by Mercedes Tech - (SHABBY SLOPPY Work) All in all this is a excellent luxury car - save the money and do maintenance yourself. The car is an awesome deal for a 60K car now selling for 12 to 15K with reasonable miles 80K ish Love the ride, and options.

CDI

by diesel man from Wilmington North Carolina on June 26, 2013

Have had 6 Mercedes diesel. This is by far the fastest and quietest one I have ever owned. Gets 28-30 mpg around town and has gotten 40 plus on the highway. Just seems to loaf along on the highway. Does not use any oil as of yet. Just a pleasure to drive. Would recommend especially if you drive a lot.

This is a fabulous car

by Miles Solo from Alexandria, VA on November 23, 2007

I took delivery of my 2006 E320cdi on November 1, 2005. It has been a top-notch car. I do a lot of city driving - and even in the city I routinely get over 26mpg. On the highway in steady running I always get at least 35-38mpg. The brakes and handling are excellent. The seating is very comfortable and I can adjust the seating for perfect access to all the controls. 600 or more miles a day is no sweat at all in this sedan, and I feel fine when I get out from behind the wheel. I am thoroughly satisfied and enjoy driving it.

Diesel Fan and Lots Power

by Wally and Betty "Retired" from Western New York on August 12, 2008

Believe it or not we owned one of the GM Diesels, and really enjoyed it. Wanted another Diesel, found this good certified used MB 2006 CDI. Not noisy, lots of power, and very good fuel mileage, plus the ride and handling is great. Still trying to get used to the different characteristics between the Cadillac we traded, and the MB. The Cadillac was a great car. We have not owned this CDI long enough for a real evaluation. We like it so far.

320CDI

by Fuad-NH Bosnia from Manchester,NH on October 18, 2013

I'm very happy with my 2006 320CDI. There is so much torque, it's hard not to get a speeding ticket!! Passing people is fun. Consumption depends on how you drive it: City 27 mpg Highway 37+mpg. +/-5 miles depending on your driving style. (that's with winter tires) I managed to get 611 miles out of one tank, but I'm sure I could easily get over 700 miles if I only stay on the highway!! My favorite, features are: Navigation which is also displayed in the speedometer if you choose so, the privacy curtain :), and basically all the other power options from memory heated seats to one touch window and roof operation. This car will also tell you when your brakes are hot :), just in case you decide to climb Mt Washington :). The interior is nicely designed and plenty of lights make it look cool and interesting. Ohh not to forget, the remote entry has a nice beep/flash and not the traditional creepy horn that wakes up the whole neighborhood when opening or closing your car/trunk. The trunk is well designed and huge. Cons: No Bluetooth(should be standard in my opinion), HID lights are not standard, and cooled seats!! You'll need a menu to switch from miles to kilometers(it should be one button), same applies to checking your Oil :). There is no need to reinvent the wheel, and some things are meant to stay the way they are. Cup holders(German problem #1 lol) The cup holders are OK, but if you use them, the arm rest is almost gone. Smartphone/sunglasses compartment is too small for iPhones and all other larger phones! Have fun in your diesel's :)

A pleasure to drive

by Boomer from Massachusetts on March 19, 2007

Comfortable ride, great handling, quiet and safe. Lots of great creature comforts. Roomy interior and plenty of power from the new 3.5 motor even with superb sure-footed 4matic transmmission. I wish there was more comfortable armrest, and the $500 Sirius radio has terrible reception problems in the woodsy suburbs, but other than these few annoyances this is a great car

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++

by mitch from Salem Ma on November 30, 2009

WHAT mORE cAN YOU WANT fROM a BEAUTFUL 4DR. WAGON. LOOKS SPEED COMFORT fOR THE WIFE kIDS hOUSE CAR,,,,,,,,,,

1 2 3 4 5 6