2010 GLK-Class

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

4.5

Have You Driven the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class?

Best All Rounder Ever!

by Million Car Owner from Seattle on Sat May 26 2012

This car is simply the best all rounder that exists. First of all I am well over 6 feet tall and tried the C-Class first but didn't like having the wheel as high as it would go to avoid my knees hitting it. Also had to lean the seat all the way back as my head hit the roof in its upright position (Same problem in 3 Series and A4). So because I live in the city I tried to avoid the larger SUV's and premium sedans (also I thought it would be nice to pay cash). This led me to the small SUV's. Looked at Lexus RX, X3, and Audi Q5 before the GLK. Ruled out the Lexus because my friend had one and at 15k miles the engine caught fire driving down the freeway all while the temp was normal. Tried the X3 but didn't like the Turbo 4 or 6 and BMW doesn't a non turbo version. Then I learned that BMW doesn't use a primer while painting so I ruled out the X3 right then. Then the Q5 comes standard with a 2.0L turbo and comes with FWD standard. By the time the options are equal the Q5 is at least 5k more and still only has a 3.2 V6 while the GLK has a 3.5. After all of this the Q5 is still just a smaller Q7 while the GLK is its own car not just a smaller version of the larger car. So I still test drove all the cars and the Audi felt cheap like a Touareg or a Tiguan. The Lexus felt like a Toyota with better engine. The Mercedes and BMW both felt about the same but the GLK was more ergonomic inside and the TC was easier to turn off. Better driving experience while still offering a better ride so I bought the GLK with Premium 1, Multimedia and some other options in cash for less than 50k. So now I have had the car for just about 3 years and have put 150k miles on it. 100% PERFECTION!! No mechanical failures great brakes (60-0 in 119ft compared to DMV's 240ft estimate for the average car), a great powerful engine (0-62 in 6.4 seconds) and great traction even with the ESP off (I have a 4 Matic). 7 Speed transmission is great and I love the option to shift the car yourself. I love the Sport button feature very comfortable and easy going acceleration while in comfort and then harder great handling and harder acceleration in sport. The car is also very practical; the back seats fold flat, the cup holders are at different levels so the lids don't pop off your drinks, passenger seat can be put down at the same time as rear seats so you almost have a van, ac is great even when in Death Valley in summer, it has a cooled glovebox that will keep your drinks cold and all the commands can be given by voice controls that always understand you, the sunroof will open and shut with just the press of a button and the sunroof and windows can be open and shut from the outside with the key by holding lock and unlock! The GLK got outstanding safety ratings and has 9 airbags, but still manages about 30mpgs on the highway. If you could only own one car for the rest of your life it would have to be this. To sum up it has comfort, looks, safety, economy, power, handling and east to use controls. I have never been as happy with a car as I have been with this one and I have owned dozens of cars from Japanese compacts to Italian sports cars to American muscle cars, to British Luxury. Nothing compares. Easily the best all-around car ever made anywhere.

BRAVO Mercedes

by Nick-Chicago from Chicago, Il on Wed Jan 23 2013

Look out Audi, VW, BMW! Best price of all the German Compact Luxury SUV's. Perfect for a family of 4. Solid build quality and feel, MADE IN GERMANY, is not like BMW, Audi, VW made in by contractors. Comfortable ride. MB is back! Four years and 60k zero problems... I'm thinking this one is going to replace my 25y old 300e.

my first mercades benz and i have no regrets .

by randy sassin from bronx ny on Sat Oct 17 2015

this car is super cassy, comfortabe, affordable, neat sexy design run smooth this car is one of the best cars out there right now... i was so stressed out after leaving boot camp and ait as a us army soldier and after getting this car i look forward to getting up as early as possible to start my day. i recommend this whip to anyone its a must have.

Love this SUV

by Classy Car Driver from Lakewood Ranch, FL on Mon Jun 25 2012

Smoothest car I have ever driven. It has all the extras and I love it! I am now a Mercedes enthusiast!!!

2010 GLK350

by Steve from St. Louis, MO on Sun Aug 02 2009

Bought mine in March 2009 - finishing up a lease on a previous SUV, so only have about 600 miles on it as of Aug09.. but, very nice ride - car like, and quiet inside. Quality seems very good. Only minor negatives - relatively small ext. mirrors and brake pedal has to travel a bit farther than I'm accustomed.. although actual braking is fine. Overall, a nice ride for the $$.

Workhorse

by FilingRabbit from San Jose, CA on Thu Sep 14 2017

Fantastic car for the money! Never any issues. Still drives like new. Doesn't have some luxury features but everything it does have still works fine.

LOVE this car!

by GLK lover from erwinna, PA on Sat Mar 23 2013

This car is beautiful, elegant, comfortable, indulgent and solid. It has made me love driving again,

Great small SUV

by GoldenRN from Parker, CO on Sat Nov 18 2017

Great little, very safe, sporty Mercedes SUV. Handles very well. Only awkward feature is the placement of the cruise control stick which is mounted on the left side of the steering wheel above the turn signal/wiper handle which takes a bit to get used to. Also, only 2 cup holders which is a bit lean for us Americans who like lots of cup holders for us and our passengers who cannot seem to do without our Starbuck's everyday, lol! Overall a great little ride though!

Exceptional Value

by 1st Benz from Denver on Sat Jul 10 2010

I am a car nut and have owned more than 18 cars in my life. This is the first Mercedes Benz product for me. Since I've owned my GLK now for 7 months I believe I can say it is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. It is very comfortable and the build quality is outstanding. The GLK feels very solid. The first time you shut the door you can tell its built like a tank. Its road manners are very good. Especially considering it has 20" wheels on it. If your planning on buying a GLK be sure to get it with the premium1 package as this gives you the most features you would expect in a car of this class. The seats in this car are the BEST I have ever sat in. My back usually hurts after awhile in most cars. But not in the GLK. It is a smaller CUV and that makes it easy to manuever and park in tight spaces. It does pretty good in the snow even with the 20" wheels and all season tires. Gas mileage is not that good but since I don't drive alot, usually 20 miles a day to and from work, this is not a big deal for me. I usually have to fill up once a week or week and a half. I love how the front seats lift really high upwards when you want to vacuum the interior. It makes it very easy to keep the interior clean. I am a clean freak and prefer to keep my cars clean at all times. If your interested in the GLK try to find a certified used one. There are a few around and certified gets you the 100K mile warranty.

Best all around vehicle

by Hooked on GLK from La Crescenta, California on Sat Nov 06 2010

I am a realtor and needed a versatile vehicle, but one with comfort and prestige. I have owned, several American made luxury cars and vans as well as 3 Japanese SUV/crossovers('09 and '10). For several months I researched and drove all the competitors before buying this 2 wheel drive, 2010 "dealer demo" with low miles. This is the best overall vehicle for me! Even at this entry level price range, it is still a "Mercedes" and that means quality engineering, head turning style, great ride, and well earned prestige. After driving those other gadget laden, cushy crossovers, I really appreciate the simplicity of the dash, the logically placed dials, the trim, durable upholstery and fun double sun roof. Comfortable seating for all passengers, easy parking with great visibility and impressive turning ratios were must haves. Just the right size, and it still has flexible cargo area for signs and equipment. The power, handling and stability feels so reliable, especially in places like busy So. Cal freeway on ramps. I feel safe and in control dodging those semi trucks and smoothly passing by potholes. So. Cal mountains turned into molehills! Oh did I mention, my Dogs love to ride in the back with the seats flipped down. Everytime I drive it I catch myself thinking...I love this car, I love this car, I love this car!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

It's funny how an automaker can be ahead of the curve one moment and playing catch-up the next. Mercedes-Benz helped make luxury SUVs mainstream when it debuted the midsize M-Class for the 1998 model year, but when it comes to small luxury crossovers, the German automaker is a latecomer with the new 2010 GLK350. It seems the time was well-spent, though, as the crossover offers the luxury, comfort and technology expected of models in this class.

Some other manufacturers are also playing catch-up, as the segment gains two other new models this calendar year with the debut of the 2009 Audi Q5 and 2010 Volvo XC60. The GLK350 has one of the lower base prices in this segment, but the total rises quickly... Read More