Model Details

4.5
Average based on 22 reviews

Cool car!

by from Warwick, RI on October 6, 2012

I've just had my new GLK350 for 3 days now, and it has totally wowed me. I ordered and waited for a 2013 model so I could benefit from the latest technology and gas saving measures. Both features were well worth the wait! The salesman synched my I- phone to it right away so I could enjoy the hands- free and voice command features. The ECO gas-saving plan turns off my engine at red lights, but I can't detect it happening. It's operation is very smooth. I also love night driving with my new bi -xenon lights. Nice and bright-- I feel so much safer with that and my new rear-view camera, plus blind-spot assistance. After owning my 2002 c240 for 11 years, which I also loved, my new 2013 GLK350 has welcomed me with warmth and pizzazz!

Great Car, two small issues

by from Miami, FL on January 5, 2014

I'm leaving a review because they helped me make my own buying decision. I thoroughly researched al competing SUV's before trading in my 2006 BMW X3 and buying the 2013 GLK. Price was a big factor, as it was a lot less than my 1st choice: the Audi Q5. It is way smoother than my X3, which was fun for the driver but not the shotgun passenger (we named it the vomit seat!). It has beautiful styling inside and out that make me happy every time I look at it. My biggest issue with the car has been it's lurching forward or backward when trying to park at low speeds. The man at the dealership later told me all Mercedes do that, some even more than the GLK. It also has a lot of wind noise on the highway, which seems strange for such a smooth-riging, premium car. But it is what it is. Bluetooth works well as most of the other tech. I do regret not getting parking sensors. I didn't really notice the model I was getting didn't have them til the deal had been cemented. After having them for 7 years on my BMW and my husband's Range Rover Sport, we find ourselves a little dependent on them. Especially when he drives my car on occasion. Gas milage is best on highway, going up to 24mpg on trips, in town only gets about 16mpg or so. Unfortunately that is where eI do most of my driving. I was worried about the big glass sunroof in Miami summers but it hasn't been much more hot in the car than my X3, which had a nice big sunroof, but also a solid cover to keep it the sun out. I was also worried about my big Doberman in the little back, but there is enough room for him too, so it works out well. The size is perfect for me and my husband. Its easy to park in the city and U-turns on a dime! Handling and acceleration is great. We have taken a few road trips with it, including one to Ohio and had a great trip with little to no back pain, something I usually get in our past cars.

German appreciation

by from West Lafayette, IN on September 19, 2013

As a child, I gained an early appreciation for German engineering sitting in the passenger seat of my father's Porsche. Called to be a soccer mom/coach for 20+ years for 4 children, I was resigned to driving through the lifetime of two vans. After a year of shopping for a downsized, environmentally friendly SUV that I wasn't just settling for, but would enjoy for many years to come, I found the solution in the 2013 Benz GLK 250 Bluetec. What performance! Every drive is a delight- even though I am still a soccer mom transporting one more fledgling with sweaty cleats. At a price that competes with a touring Odyssey or decked out Ford Edge - the Benz 250 GLK is a stunning, eco friendly, powerful, sexy sports truck!

right size for daily requirements

by from delaware on August 7, 2013

The GLK is sized to move two adults plus two children in comfort...Easy to enter and leave, attractive interior, peppy from the start, and great road manners on the interstate.

My wife's best new pet

by from Cupertin, CA on August 19, 2013

The GPS is better than our previous Benz's. Handle better, drive smoothly and feel stable. Like its exterior, color and size.

fun car

by from Bradenton on February 13, 2013

I love al the technology. It even talks. I love going to an suv from the Jaguar It feels sfer carting the grand kids around. It was a good value and I love the service department

First SUV Mercedes Happy Owner

by from Beckley, WV on October 8, 2013

We've always owned Audis. We wanted a small crossover SUV with style. We still like our Audi; however, we are definitely enjoying this new car. Mercedes sales in Hagerstown, Maryland was outstanding with every detail of our purchase. Other reviewers mentioned the Economy button and the whole system of having the car shut off every time you stop. Many said that if it were annoying just hit the button and disable the economy switch.... It's annoying!!!!! I would recommend this car. I wish it did not have the Economy system. I'm happy with everything else.

Best Traveling Vehicle I've Owned!

by from Grapevine Texas on November 2, 2013

This car handles like a sports car and rides like a cloud. Just took it on a 1,700 mile trip and couldn't ask for a better performance.

Great handling car

by from Crownsville, MD on September 25, 2013

Bought mine new about 4 wks ago. It's sporty and lots of fun to drive. It drives more like a car since it is a small SUV built on a C class chassis. We're empty nesters so we bought it to crate our dog in the back. The crate fits nicely. It drinks a bit more than my older E class but I guess that's due to its size. I do like the ECON mode to help save gas and the backup camera and navigation do their jobs. Very reasonably priced too!

Unusual value

by from Jacksonville, FL on February 20, 2014

If this was five inches longer & two inches wider, Mercedes would never sell another GL or ML. The same engine as the ML & E class, all new tech, at a price designed to propel sales. Sick with metallic colors. The plain paint colors of white, red & black look respectively like a milk wagon, fire truck and hearse...very weird and not a "Mercedes" finish. The new front grille on the 2013+ models is awesome. The must haves were the premium 1 package with sun roof...and that's it. The 20" wheels look like you're trying too hard to jazz a boxy wagon. The base stereo is extremely good. It's a shame to tie the back-up camera to a multimedia package. I tried the Audi Q3 (bouncy & too much noise) and the BMW X3 ( bland interior and funky stop/start) before going to Mercedes. The linear road grip of this car is invincible with uber power.