2013 GLK-Class

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Have you driven the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class?

Unusual value

by Garcoman from Jacksonville, FL on Thu Feb 20 2014

If this was five inches longer & two inches wider, Mercedes would never sell another GL or ML. The same engine as the ML & E class, all new tech, at a price designed to propel sales. Sick with metallic colors. The plain paint colors of white, red & black look respectively like a milk wagon, fire truck and hearse...very weird and not a "Mercedes" finish. The new front grille on the 2013+ models is awesome. The must haves were the premium 1 package with sun roof...and that's it. The 20" wheels look like you're trying too hard to jazz a boxy wagon. The base stereo is extremely good. It's a shame to tie the back-up camera to a multimedia package. I tried the Audi Q3 (bouncy & too much noise) and the BMW X3 ( bland interior and funky stop/start) before going to Mercedes. The linear road grip of this car is invincible with uber power.

German appreciation

by Benzreborn from West Lafayette, IN on Thu Sep 19 2013

As a child, I gained an early appreciation for German engineering sitting in the passenger seat of my father's Porsche. Called to be a soccer mom/coach for 20+ years for 4 children, I was resigned to driving through the lifetime of two vans. After a year of shopping for a downsized, environmentally friendly SUV that I wasn't just settling for, but would enjoy for many years to come, I found the solution in the 2013 Benz GLK 250 Bluetec. What performance! Every drive is a delight- even though I am still a soccer mom transporting one more fledgling with sweaty cleats. At a price that competes with a touring Odyssey or decked out Ford Edge - the Benz 250 GLK is a stunning, eco friendly, powerful, sexy sports truck!

update on GLK

by JD from Peterborough, Ontario from on Sat Apr 11 2015

Well, after 17000 Km and a very cold winter my GLK still shows remarquable fuel economy: 6.6L/100KM Great in snow (I did buy snow tires). This is really better than I expected.

right size for daily requirements

by mhl from delaware on Wed Aug 07 2013

The GLK is sized to move two adults plus two children in comfort...Easy to enter and leave, attractive interior, peppy from the start, and great road manners on the interstate.

Best Traveling Vehicle I've Owned!

by SUV Lover from Grapevine Texas on Sat Nov 02 2013

This car handles like a sports car and rides like a cloud. Just took it on a 1,700 mile trip and couldn't ask for a better performance.

Great handling car

by Annapolis Cruisers with Canine from Crownsville, MD on Wed Sep 25 2013

Bought mine new about 4 wks ago. It's sporty and lots of fun to drive. It drives more like a car since it is a small SUV built on a C class chassis. We're empty nesters so we bought it to crate our dog in the back. The crate fits nicely. It drinks a bit more than my older E class but I guess that's due to its size. I do like the ECON mode to help save gas and the backup camera and navigation do their jobs. Very reasonably priced too!

First SUV Mercedes Happy Owner

by Happy Driver from Beckley, WV on Tue Oct 08 2013

We've always owned Audis. We wanted a small crossover SUV with style. We still like our Audi; however, we are definitely enjoying this new car. Mercedes sales in Hagerstown, Maryland was outstanding with every detail of our purchase. Other reviewers mentioned the Economy button and the whole system of having the car shut off every time you stop. Many said that if it were annoying just hit the button and disable the economy switch.... It's annoying!!!!! I would recommend this car. I wish it did not have the Economy system. I'm happy with everything else.

fun car

by doc from Bradenton on Wed Feb 13 2013

I love al the technology. It even talks. I love going to an suv from the Jaguar It feels sfer carting the grand kids around. It was a good value and I love the service department

I am so sad to see this car go!

by HannahC from Tulsa,OK on Tue Dec 19 2017

When I purchased the car, it had 70,00 miles. I have added another 10,000 miles which has caused incredible wear on the car. This car is the funnest I have ever had however the repairs are so expensive it has forced me to resell and think about other options. Maybe down the road when I can spend $1,000 at every turn I will get another Mercedes. Until then, I am being a little bit more smart about my car decisions.

The diesel that keeps on going

by JD from Peterborough,Ontario on Fri Aug 08 2014

Bought this vehicle at 20000 Km. Used it in traffic jams and on the highway on a trip of 1100 km (25%-75%) and used 64 litres of fuel (diesel). I couldn't believe it. This truck has good acceleration for merging or passing, is quite comfortable and has all wheel drive for our winters here up north. All I need to see is how it drives in snow and on ice.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Mercedes-Benz offers a suite of vehicles that are comfortable, capable, refined … and fussy, and the 2013 GLK-Class is no exception.

Annoyances like complicated multimedia controls, a smaller-than-average cargo area and a clumsy automatic stop/start system undermine the otherwise appealing 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 SUV.

The Mercedes-Benz GLK-class competes with compact luxury crossovers like the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Cadillac SRX. See them compared here.

A 2013 update brings a little more horsepower, additional safety systems, a revised interior and a lightly refreshed exterior. See the two model years compared here. Early in 2013, a diesel model will join the V6-powered GLK350 4MATIC we... Read More